Prayers for Fuel Rod

Goddamn...just saw this. Fuel is one of my favorite posters on here. Sending thoughts & love, and hoping for healing and a speedy recovery.

Thinking about you, buddy, and hoping you are doing better.

Hope you're soon back on your feet and back to your naughty tricks.

I just hope Chris has two bossey pushy sisters to get those doctors in line like my brother did. Although my brother died anyway but his condition was terminal. But he would've died 2 years sooner if not for my sister and me looking stuff up on the Internet and nagging the doctors.
Doctors don't give a crap.
^This^
Doctors wanted to pull the plug on my Mother a year and a half ago. They said she was comatose, had only 10 percent lung capacity, her kidneys were failing and probably suffered brain damage. Plus they said even if she were to wake up she may not survive pulling the breathing tube out.
Doc said "I've had 3 other patients like her this week and none of them survived".

Well, we didn't pull the plug. My Mother fully recovered and is doing just fine now.

Seriously this happens all the time. Do not trust a doctor when they tell you to
Pull the plug. I'm so glad you didn't and that your mom is fine.

Unfortunately my family did listen when they told us to pull the plug on my brother and he died in 25 minutes. But we found out later that we had made a huge mistake and now live with horrible guilt and regret.

Update from his wife and its great news!
is sleeping half the day, half awake. He is tracking better with people, focusing more. He blinks, winks, nods, squeezes hands on command. The nurse even got FuelRod to smile once when asked! All the tests are in and they are negative, they are calling this thing viral menegitis. It's a slow process of healing and it's hard to be patient. Thankful to the Lord for small improvements though. Me and the boys are holding strong and learning to not to take life and our loved ones for granted. Keep the prayers coming!! ♥
Misty called it on the menegitits.

Now i am a bit worried about all the people he was in contact with..... Hopefully is wife and kids are not in danger.

From what I read it could only be 3 things, west Nile, meningitis, or hepatitis C. Hope they guessed correctly. I hope they have him and his family and friends on acyclovir. It's super contagious.

I just hope Chris has two bossey pushy sisters to get those doctors in line like my brother did. Although my brother died anyway but his condition was terminal. But he would've died 2 years sooner if not for my sister and me looking stuff up on the Internet and nagging the doctors.
Doctors don't give a crap.
^This^
Doctors wanted to pull the plug on my Mother a year and a half ago. They said she was comatose, had only 10 percent lung capacity, her kidneys were failing and probably suffered brain damage. Plus they said even if she were to wake up she may not survive pulling the breathing tube out.
Doc said "I've had 3 other patients like her this week and none of them survived".

Well, we didn't pull the plug. My Mother fully recovered and is doing just fine now.

Seriously this happens all the time. Do not trust a doctor when they tell you to
Pull the plug. I'm so glad you didn't and that your mom is fine.

Unfortunately my family did listen when they told us to pull the plug on my brother and he died in 25 minutes. But we found out later that we had made a huge mistake and now live with horrible guilt and regret.
Misty, it is not your fault to follow medical orders. Your brother is at peace, you all love him very much, and he knows that where he is. He wouldn't want you to feel guilt over his passing. Let it go. You will be blessed when you let go of any guilt and get others in the family to let it go also.

is sleeping half the day, half awake. He is tracking better with people, focusing more. He blinks, winks, nods, squeezes hands on command. The nurse even got FuelRod to smile once when asked! All the tests are in and they are negative, they are calling this thing viral menegitis. It's a slow process of healing and it's hard to be patient. Thankful to the Lord for small improvements though. Me and the boys are holding strong and learning to not to take life and our loved ones for granted. Keep the prayers coming!! ♥
Prayers sent. I'm so grateful you're letting us know Fuel Rod is healing. With family around him, he has a lot to live for. Love and healing prayers going up all day today. :)

Get-Well-Soon.jpg

Misty called it on the menegitits.

Now i am a bit worried about all the people he was in contact with..... Hopefully is wife and kids are not in danger.

From what I read it could only be 3 things, west Nile, meningitis, or hepatitis C. Hope they guessed correctly. I hope they have him and his family and friends on acyclovir. It's super contagious.

Agreed.... i hope they are watching his contacts closely now.

There are numerous form of meningitis with various sources from which each infect people. Bacterial meningitis is the most congagious but is also the most curable. Viral meningitis is less treatable so is more serious but folks can and do recover from it. Fungal meningitis is the most sinister, is not contagious but there is no known treatment for it, and it is the most deadly. I lost a beloved cousin to that, contracted apparently in New Orleans, a little over two years ago. She was apparently well and feeling fine on a Saturday morning. By Sunday night she was effectively brain dead. We pulled the plug on Tuesday morning.

So with viral meningitis, there is hope and apparently he is holding his own so far. Prayers continue.

Hope you're up and about soon, Fuel Rod.
~From all your friends at USMB~

get_well_soon-2467.jpg

credits

I prayed for you and your loved ones last night. Hope your recovery is imminent if not already here.

Hope you're up and about soon, Fuel Rod.
~From all your friends at USMB~

get_well_soon-2467.jpg

credits

I prayed for you and your loved ones last night. Hope your recovery is imminent if not already here.

This is so sweet. I bet he's flirting with all the cute nurses by now. Lol

if one were to ask me....i would tell one (that would be the kiki) that it may be time for and update

and i am sure hoping its a good update.....but i have a feeling no news is not good news

I am here! sorry. no access yesterday!

From his wife:

This day seemed to be like a month long. Many blessings--FuelRod is even better today: He moved out of ICU, He ate part of popsicle with my help holding it, I heard him say "yes" and "hi", he did a fist bump with his co-workers, and when I left the hospital for the day, He waved "bye-bye" to me! He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him, but he made some big steps today. The Lord is holding Chris, me and the boys tight. Trusting in Him and holding Him back. God Bless you all for your love and encouragement. Keep him in your prayers....

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Kiki.

We will keep up the prayers until his recovery is complete.

Yes, it would appear he is going to require significant rehab. But it looks like he has an amazing support system and is loved by many...so he is going to do just fine! I am sure. :)

Forum List

Back