Prayers for Fuel Rod

I am here! sorry. no access yesterday!

From his wife:

This day seemed to be like a month long. Many blessings--FuelRod is even better today: He moved out of ICU, He ate part of popsicle with my help holding it, I heard him say "yes" and "hi", he did a fist bump with his co-workers, and when I left the hospital for the day, He waved "bye-bye" to me! He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him, but he made some big steps today. The Lord is holding Chris, me and the boys tight. Trusting in Him and holding Him back. God Bless you all for your love and encouragement. Keep him in your prayers....

Thanks again for the update..... I am so glad he is going to pull through!

i know about that Popsicle thing.... i never new they tasted so damn good until i was given one after some heavy surgery and hadn't eaten for a week. It was the BEST thing i have ever tasted in my life!!!!

Leave a message for his wife please.... give him a Popsicle and tell him its from all of us!!!

i hate to be crash but how are they holding up financially? he not able to work...she has the kids.....

He probably has at least short term disability from his work. That's about 26 weeks. He did have a good job so they will likely have it there for him when he returns.

long term care...o hell.....fuel will bounce back fast..given the chance....right now he is in that down stage...you know..after you nearly die and all......a few popsicles....soon he can have broth...and next thing you know...buddies are sneaking in beer and burgers...

all we can do now is hope he continues to climb back ...and be there for him and his family....
why do we all feel so helpless....perhaps an address to send get well cards to....it will give him something to ponder....

does he even remember us? that coma stuff is just plain scarey...but you will be surprised how fast life rehabs your ass.....

Imagining Fuel Rod bathed in rainbow light being restored to radiant health and well being.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

sky

The entire board,well those who count, are praying for you and hoping you are doing better, day by day. Kiki has been keeping all of us updated but cannot send a message being in europe and all....we are thinking of you...those who pray are doing it...we all want you back to the board. take care of yourself...thinking of you...you scared us..bet you scared yourself...get well..be strong..you have a great wife and family...lean on them for a while...we look forward to reading you again...

that is what i said....i may not be the best person for this......

did you like where i mock him for being scared....he will chuckle at that...

I am here! sorry. no access yesterday!

From his wife:

This day seemed to be like a month long. Many blessings--FuelRod is even better today: He moved out of ICU, He ate part of popsicle with my help holding it, I heard him say "yes" and "hi", he did a fist bump with his co-workers, and when I left the hospital for the day, He waved "bye-bye" to me! He's got a long road of recovery ahead of him, but he made some big steps today. The Lord is holding Chris, me and the boys tight. Trusting in Him and holding Him back. God Bless you all for your love and encouragement. Keep him in your prayers....
Thanks so much for the update, Kiki. I thought of Fuel Rod today, stopped my sewing and sent up another little prayer. Sorry I wasn't here, but I'm a fiber artist and you have to be disciplined to get things done. Y'all are all in my heart, and *hugs* all around. Thanks, Kiki.

When Fuel Rod gets his computer back, I hope he reads this thread and knows how many of us who've never seen or met him have him on prayer lists across America.

Love,

becki

Forum List

Back