Ray Bradbury, 1920-2012

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
My guess is Mr Bradbury saw the Citizens United win in WI and called it quits.

Ray Bradbury, 1920 — 2012
Ray Bradbury was a master of science fiction whose lyrical evocations of the future reflected both the optimism and the anxieties of his own postwar America.
Mr. Bradbury died on June 5, 2012 at the age of 91.

His most famous novel is “Fahrenheit 451,” published in 1953. Named for the temperature at which paper ignites, the novel depicts a near-future society in which firemen don’t extinguish fires but instead burn books, and where the complacent populace, numbed by nonstop television and advertising, seems all too eager to embrace enforced ignorance.

My guess is Mr Bradbury saw the Citizens United win in WI and called it quits.

Ray Bradbury, 1920 — 2012
Ray Bradbury was a master of science fiction whose lyrical evocations of the future reflected both the optimism and the anxieties of his own postwar America.
Mr. Bradbury died on June 5, 2012 at the age of 91.

His most famous novel is “Fahrenheit 451,” published in 1953. Named for the temperature at which paper ignites, the novel depicts a near-future society in which firemen don’t extinguish fires but instead burn books, and where the complacent populace, numbed by nonstop television and advertising, seems all too eager to embrace enforced ignorance.

Fucking hack.

Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov were the first science fiction writers I read as a young lad.

So long, Mr. Bradbury. You will be missed.

Forum List

Back