Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

I played football since I was 8, little leauge, JR HS, HS, and in the team leauge in the Navy. I never got into watching it on TV, I watch the super bowl and that's about it. If I am not playing, I could care less to watch. Most rabid sports fans I have known...never played.
I played and I'm a CFB junkie. NFL, not so much

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

Oral Employment Contracts
An oral employment contract is just as binding as one in a written agreement -- but it's much harder to prove in court.

An owner can, and does, tell players verbally what is expected or they can pack it up. It's quite common as a written contract is not all inclusive or Traitornick would have a job right now.

He can always sue over unfair termination

-Geaux

Was he told, verbally, that he had to stand for the national anthem before his well publicized stunt?
He should not have to be told right from wrong. He is grown up now..... Or should be.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Kap did no wrong and he didn't hurt any one!! I can't understand why Red State conservatives are so pissed off and have shown hatered to anyone who doesn't want to standup to a conservative inspired National Anthem. Not one American died or was injured by Kap NOT standing up to the NATIONAL ANTHEM. This reeks with conservatism.

Mr Jones told the Cowboys players you had best stand for the National Anthem or you're fired

-Geaux
Mr. Jones is a DICK!!!!
And other owners have told their players the same thing. Hence, traitor fro has no job

-Geaux

Was he told, verbally, that he had to stand for the national anthem before his well publicized stunt?
He should not have to be told right from wrong. He is grown up now..... Or should be.

Kap did no wrong and he didn't hurt any one!! I can't understand why Red State conservatives are so pissed off and have shown hatered to anyone who doesn't want to standup to a conservative inspired National Anthem. Not one American died or was injured by Kap NOT standing up to the NATIONAL ANTHEM. This reeks with conservatism.

Mr Jones told the Cowboys players you had best stand for the National Anthem or you're fired

-Geaux
Mr. Jones is a DICK!!!!
And other owners have told their players the same thing. Hence, traitor fro has no job

-Geaux
NFL players will stand and then turn their backs!! Then what????

-Geaux
Mr. Jones is a DICK!!!!

-Geaux
NFL players will stand and then turn their backs!! Then what????

IDK, we'll see I guess

-Geaux

Colin says that with these protests, he’s not disrespecting the military and all the sacrifices they’ve made. To him, the flag means something else. To others, the flag may represent the military, among other things. I don’t understand how people still use the ’he’s disrespecting the military’ argument when he clearly states he’s not against the military. Also, telling him to ‘stand up or get out of this country’ is the exact type of spirit he’s criticizing in America and how that mentality intrinsically goes against everything America stands for. You might think racism isn’t real and that he’s fighting for an issue that doesn’t exist, but that doesn’t mean he can’t peacefully share his opinion. We’re in this together and we should listen to what our fellow citizens have to say… Besides, the military fights for his freedom to express. Popovich has a point, kneeling might not be as effective as sit-ins, but it still keeps the discussion going and forces all of us to reflect. As Dr. King put it, it’s the apprehensive that we should fear, people who are, "more devoted to a positive peace which is the absence of tension to a negative peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says ‘I agree with you in the goal you seek but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action’; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom."

The terms of their employment are detailed in their contracts. Unless the contracts are changed, there is no requirement.

I disagree

-Geaux

An oral employment contract is just as binding as one in a written agreement -- but it's much harder to prove in court.

An owner can, and does, tell players verbally what is expected or they can pack it up. It's quite common as a written contract is not all inclusive or Traitornick would have a job right now.

He can always sue over unfair termination

-Geaux

So, he has a right to voice his opinion, but no one else does?

I watched about the same amount of football I always have. Being in the Portland area, we are generally stuck with the Seachix and the Whiners. I would watch other games or Red Zone rather than sit through a crappy Whiner game.

people stopped watching the nfl long before this dickhead

he was just icing on the cake

people stopped watching the nfl long before this dickhead

he was just icing on the cake
NFL players support KP. Players know when its all said and done, ya can't trust-support conservative fan base and billionaire consevative owners like that dick Jerry Jones!!!!

FUCK CONSERVATISM.

you actually "think" Exercising First Amendment rights="traitor", lsueur?

not even CLOSE...

And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

Poll-People-Stopped-Watching-the-NFL-Because-of-Colin-Kaepernick-L.jpg

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
5:07 pm
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

According to ESPN, the NFL suffered a viewership drop this past season:

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.
[/QUOTE]

I notice that there has never been a poll taken asking people across the country how many stopped watching ti because of the special treatment the cheatriots get how they get a just a mere slap on the wrist time after time for their alleged punishment all the time committing scandal after scandal that other teams get punished for if they tried to commit the same offense they have ever since BeliCHEAT became their head coach. any other teams quarterback would have been suspended an entire SEASON at least.
See they wont take THAT poll because they know thats the REAL reason.:rofl: the proof is in the pudding on that in the fact two years ago at the superbowl when they introduced that fraud shady brady for for former MVP's,they all booed.:rofl:

Roger Goodel just kisses Robert Krafts ass year after year.

Brady is innocent.

billijerc is the serial cheating addict.

most the country disagrees with you that shady brady is not a fraud as well the fact the entire stadium booed him at santa clara in the superbowl a couple years ago.:biggrin:

I love how the lamestream media is trying to convince everyone that its either kapernick or the elections of last year for being responsible for the decline of the NFL ignoring the fact that the ratings and attendance at stadiums began dropping 6 years ago years way before the controversy on kapernick started.:biggrin: the media kisses the cheatriots asses so they are never going to talk about how that organization is corrupt from top to bottom and have tainted the sport forever.:biggrin: whats sad is there are many posters here in denial over this.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back