Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

Football sucks.

True story!

Most popular sport in the greatest country.
If that were true ....

It IS true, whether you like it or not.
But they're abandoning it over a 3rd string QB.
4i6Ckte.gif

It IS true, whether you like it or not.
4i6Ckte.gif

What's the most popular sport in the US?
With me? Baseball.

With AMERICA.
I just posted a link saying that baseball is the most played sport in AMERICA.

since they play a 162 game schedule versus a 16 game for the NFL,that is correct. five years ago it would have been correct to say the NFL is much bigger now than 20 and 30 years ago where it played backseat to Baseball which was Americas favorite pastime other than the last 20 years when football took over, but not the case now,ratings have been dropping year after year since then and will again this year as well with the chargers move to LA and now the raiders threating to to go to vegas.so i would say baseball is back now to being americas favorite pastime again.lol. I dont see the NFL lasting too many more decades longer.not more than 20 years,30 at the MOST.

Last edited:
4i6Ckte.gif

What's the most popular sport in the US?
With me? Baseball.

With AMERICA.

That wasn't the question.
But it answers it. Why would more people play a sport that wasn't popular?

With me? Baseball.

With AMERICA.

That wasn't the question.
But it answers it. ...

No, it surely does not. Your avoidance is pretty pathetic.
I'm avoiding?
4i6Ckte.gif

Do you think that people, who supposedly love this sport so much that they've made it the most popular sport in America, have stopped watching it because a 3rd string quarterback kneels during the national anthem?

Your avoidance of that question tells me that you don't believe the OP or you don't want to agree with the OP and look like a dumbass.

Too late!
4i6Ckte.gif

Hmmm, by your logic Trumps popularity is 44. Not a percentage of who supports him. But the number of people that have been President.

Popularity of PLAYING sports is based on what is easy and doesn't require a lot of equipment or specialty to play. MMA and Boxing are somewhat popular, but how many people do you know that say "Sorry I can't go out tonight, my company's MMA tournament is tonight and I drew Kathy from finance". It has nothing to do with how many PPV sales Mayweather got.

"sorry John, I'm busy tonight. Me and the buddies are grabbing our horses and heading down to the track and put in 10 furlongs"... THAT's what we need to see to base how popular horse racing is??? Come on...

I mean if you are using your belief there, I think track is the easy winner, followed by swimming cycling and weightlifting. That's your belief???

Obviously popularity is based on being liked, admired, or supported not performed. And in that respect pro football is well out there at #1. College falls in at 3rd according to most popularity polls I've seen.

Hmmm, by your logic Trumps popularity is 44. Not a percentage of who supports him. But the number of people that have been President.

Popularity of PLAYING sports is based on what is easy and doesn't require a lot of equipment or specialty to play. MMA and Boxing are somewhat popular, but how many people do you know that say "Sorry I can't go out tonight, my company's MMA tournament is tonight and I drew Kathy from finance". It has nothing to do with how many PPV sales Mayweather got.

"sorry John, I'm busy tonight. Me and the buddies are grabbing our horses and heading down to the track and put in 10 furlongs"... THAT's what we need to see to base how popular horse racing is??? Come on...

I mean if you are using your belief there, I think track is the easy winner, followed by swimming cycling and weightlifting. That's your belief???

Obviously popularity is based on being liked, admired, or supported not performed. And in that respect pro football is well out there at #1. College falls in at 3rd according to most popularity polls I've seen.
You deflect, unable to answer my simple question. Here it is again:

Do you think that people, who supposedly love this sport so much that they've made it the most popular sport in America, have stopped watching it because a 3rd string quarterback kneels during the national anthem?

A huge reason for football's decline. It has nothing to do with a 3rd string quarterback.

upload_2017-9-2_18-11-40.png

George S. Will

Autumn, which is bearing down upon us like a menacing linebacker, is, as John Keats said, a season of mists and mellow fruitfulness and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Actually, Keats, a romantic, did not mention that last part. He died before the birth of the subject of a waning American romance, football. This sport will never die, but it will never again be, as it was until recently, the subject of uncomplicated national enthusiasm.

CTE is a degenerative brain disease confirmable only after death, and often caused by repeated blows to the head that knock the brain against the skull. The cumulative impacts of hundreds of supposedly minor blows can have the cumulative effect of many concussions. The New York Times recently reported Stanford University researchers’ data showing “that one college offensive lineman sustained 62 of these hits in a single game. Each one came with an average force on the player’s head equivalent to what you would see if he had driven his car into a brick wall at 30 mph.”

Boston University researchers found CTE in 110 of 111 brains of deceased NFL players. In 53 other brains from college players, 48 had CTE. There was significant selection bias: Many of the brains came from families who had noticed CTE symptoms, including mood disorders and dementia. A Boston University researcher says, however, that a 10-year NFL linebacker could receive more than 15,000 sub-concussive blows.

Opinion | America’s waning romance with football

thats why i have WRONG winger on ignore,he deflects and runs off from pesky facts when he is cornered and backed up against the wall,

A huge reason for football's decline. It has nothing to do with a 3rd string quarterback.

View attachment 147254

George S. Will

Autumn, which is bearing down upon us like a menacing linebacker, is, as John Keats said, a season of mists and mellow fruitfulness and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE). Actually, Keats, a romantic, did not mention that last part. He died before the birth of the subject of a waning American romance, football. This sport will never die, but it will never again be, as it was until recently, the subject of uncomplicated national enthusiasm.

CTE is a degenerative brain disease confirmable only after death, and often caused by repeated blows to the head that knock the brain against the skull. The cumulative impacts of hundreds of supposedly minor blows can have the cumulative effect of many concussions. The New York Times recently reported Stanford University researchers’ data showing “that one college offensive lineman sustained 62 of these hits in a single game. Each one came with an average force on the player’s head equivalent to what you would see if he had driven his car into a brick wall at 30 mph.”

Boston University researchers found CTE in 110 of 111 brains of deceased NFL players. In 53 other brains from college players, 48 had CTE. There was significant selection bias: Many of the brains came from families who had noticed CTE symptoms, including mood disorders and dementia. A Boston University researcher says, however, that a 10-year NFL linebacker could receive more than 15,000 sub-concussive blows.

Opinion | America’s waning romance with football

Brought to you by the BMA (Bubblewrap Makers of America).

thats why i have WRONG winger on ignore,he deflects and runs off from pesky facts when he is cornered and backed up against the wall,

same for that other stupid ass troll that replied after me who talks to himself thinking i read his crap all these years later too stupid to understand i have the troll on ignore.

I'm not rightwinger. But we're both brilliant, so I understand your confusion.

Forum List

Back