Eagles still not done purging roster of Chip Kelly's mistakes

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Numbers do lie, but they don't lie much here: According to the Eagles' website, with Smith gone and veterans reporting for workouts Thursday, there were 18 players in Eagles camp who were brought in between 2013 and ’15, under Kelly.

That's just slightly more than the number in camp that played under Andy Reid, 13. Reid was fired after the 2012 season, so this is Year 5 post-Reid. That regime has almost as strong a foothold as the one that followed.

The flop of the Kelly empire in Philly didn't happen in a vacuum, of course. Howie Roseman, demoted under Kelly but an integral part of the Reid era, has been back in charge since. Doug Pederson, a Reid soldier, is the head coach.

Acting all DC like.

To this day no one knows who made the call on drafting smith. It's been one of the best kept secrets in Philly sports. If I had to guess I'd say Kelly, and roseman not having any knowledge whatsoever of personnel simply agreed to it. But it can't be argued that roseman is a cap master. That's where he belongs

Numbers do lie, but they don't lie much here: According to the Eagles' website, with Smith gone and veterans reporting for workouts Thursday, there were 18 players in Eagles camp who were brought in between 2013 and ’15, under Kelly.

That's just slightly more than the number in camp that played under Andy Reid, 13. Reid was fired after the 2012 season, so this is Year 5 post-Reid. That regime has almost as strong a foothold as the one that followed.

The flop of the Kelly empire in Philly didn't happen in a vacuum, of course. Howie Roseman, demoted under Kelly but an integral part of the Reid era, has been back in charge since. Doug Pederson, a Reid soldier, is the head coach.

Acting all DC like.

No one gives a fuck, Cowboys will win the East

Acting all DC like.

They can have the East. The cowgirls will lose in the playoffs.

Acting all DC like.

We will see. Who is your team

Acting all DC like.

I am mostly a college football fan. But for the NFL, being in Atlanta and being a fan of Julio Jones, I'll go with the Falcons.

Acting all DC like.

I am mostly a college football fan. But for the NFL, being in Atlanta and being a fan of Julio Jones, I'll go with the Falcons.

The team who had the worst collapse in SB history?

Acting all DC like.

Yep. And also one of only 2 teams that made it to the SB.

Matt Ryan confirmed he is dog shit
.28-3 lead in 2nd half and he couldn't get his team 6 more pts

Funny, Prescott was at home watching the game on tv. Because your team lost to the Packers. Atlanta beat the Packers like a rented mule. Atlanta lost to a top team. No shame.

Funny, Prescott was at home watching the game on tv. Because your team lost to the Packers. Atlanta beat the Packers like a rented mule. Atlanta lost to a top team. No shame.

Top team my ass crack. They led 28-3

Yep. Know who couldn't come back against the Falcons defense? The Packers. You remember the Packers, right? Beat the cowgirls in the playoffs?

And coming back from being down is what top teams do.

Yep. Know who couldn't come back against the Falcons defense? The Packers. You remember the Packers, right? Beat the cowgirls in the playoffs?

two more FG's and the falcons would have been champions.

two more FG's and the falcons would have been champions.

Two more wins and the Cowgirls could have been in the SB. Your post season was a bye and a loss.

Unless that rookie QB in Dallas plays his ass off this next season, I doubt the Boi's will make the playoffs. I have no stats, but it seems to Me that rookies that play their asses off in one season usually suck ass the next. After that, if they have talent, they settle in and become good.

Unless that rookie QB in Dallas plays his ass off this next season, I doubt the Boi's will make the playoffs. I have no stats, but it seems to Me that rookies that play their asses off in one season usually suck ass the next. After that, if they have talent, they settle in and become good.

You don't go 11-1 as a starter unless you are good

We don't have to name the QB's of the past who have won Super Bowls while otherwise sucking ass do we? Dak played well and kept mistakes to a minimum. But I'm not so sure he'd have done nearly as well without Elliot and that line. Theres a whole season of tape on him now too

We don't have to name the QB's of the past who have won Super Bowls while otherwise sucking ass do we? Dak played well and kept mistakes to a minimum. But I'm not so sure he'd have done nearly as well without Elliot and that line. Theres a whole season of tape on him now too

Cowboys didn't have the best line, it was the Raiders

Forum List

Back