Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

The NBA requires its players to stand during the anthem. The NFL has no such rule.

And what about the fans? Do you require that they stand?

Fans I do not. They are not compensated therefore do no have terms of employment

-Geaux

And no where in the terms of employment with the NFL is there a requirement to stand for the national anthem.

Terms are not only written, but often are verbal. In many cases, owners are telling their players to stand or adios

-Geaux

The terms of their employment are detailed in their contracts. Unless the contracts are changed, there is no requirement.

I disagree

-Geaux

Oral Employment Contracts
An oral employment contract is just as binding as one in a written agreement -- but it's much harder to prove in court.

An owner can, and does, tell players verbally what is expected or they can pack it up. It's quite common as a written contract is not all inclusive or Traitornick would have a job right now.

He can always sue over unfair termination

-Geaux

Was he told, verbally, that he had to stand for the national anthem before his well publicized stunt?

Fans I do not. They are not compensated therefore do no have terms of employment

-Geaux

And no where in the terms of employment with the NFL is there a requirement to stand for the national anthem.

Terms are not only written, but often are verbal. In many cases, owners are telling their players to stand or adios

-Geaux

The terms of their employment are detailed in their contracts. Unless the contracts are changed, there is no requirement.

I disagree

-Geaux

An oral employment contract is just as binding as one in a written agreement -- but it's much harder to prove in court.

An owner can, and does, tell players verbally what is expected or they can pack it up. It's quite common as a written contract is not all inclusive or Traitornick would have a job right now.

-Geaux

Was he told, verbally, that he had to stand for the national anthem before his well publicized stunt?
He should not have to be told right from wrong. He is grown up now..... Or should be.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

-Geaux

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

I don't think so... not in SF.

It's moot as CK elected to opt out of his contract with SF

-Geaux

A kids game? The average age of players in the NFL is the lowest it has been, at around 26 years old.

Yes, it all started as a game kids played in the summer to occupy their time. It is still predominately a kids game as most who play it are still kids.

And yes, it WAS passive. I did not DO anything to anyone. He withheld his show of respect. Very different things.

Kneeling when you should be standing and shoving his ignorant ass opinion into everyones living room at the beginning of a game is not passive, dude.

And the noise about boycotting is to get CK fired. It has worked so far.

Bah, the no talent never has been is getting himself passed over.

No one really has to do anything to get him 'fired'.

To try and claim that the NFL, and the billions of dollars involved in that institution, is a kid's game is dishonest. Football may have started as a kids game, but these are grown men.

Yes, it very much IS passive. He did nothing to anyone. He was protesting something he considers serious. No one was harmed by seeing him kneel. Just like no one was harmed watching Tebow pray. It is passive.

CK is not going to be in the HoF, but he is a better backup QB than many in the league.
He's un-American, that's the harm. Ship him out to his place of choice and freeze his accounts that he made from good red blood God loving Americans. You don't disown your only country of origin without consequences. That should never have been televised. We wouldn't have half the problems if we stuck together and worked for the same cause!

Yeah, what a freedom-loving and open way to see things.

Sorry of you don't like what he did. You are free to feel that way. But demanding that everyone act exactly the same where patriotism is concerned goes against the principles on which this nation was founded. And no, we don't kick people out or steal their money simply because they do something (legal) that you don't like.
There is a point where you have to draw a line that should not be crossed. Hating your country is that line in my opinion. I didn't serve 4 years in the gulf War for people to sit back and disrespect the country they are from and live in..... Where we all live too! People need to stand up and make their voices heard that this kind of anti-american act is not acceptable. It's not what we were founded upon or what we stand for at all. Read the print on a dollar bill someday when you have time. Do a little history research. Understand what America is about before saying it's OK to not be patriotic. He has the freedom but should not be praised for the hate he has.

No, there is no point at which someone does something legal and they get kicked out of the country and their money stolen. That is not how it works.

Patriotism is a wonderful thing. But what you are demanding is that people show it whether they actually believe it or feel it. YOu want them to fake it to pacify your own lunacy.

He knelt for a reason. He was protesting the killing of people of color by cops and other gov't agencies. Not only is protesting very American, it is protected by the US Constitution.

You might have seen this paragraph somewhere? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

And lastly, look at the nations in the world that require shows of patriotism. Those are not free nations. Here we do not punish people for a lack of patriotism. I too am a veteran. I swore an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution.

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

He should not have to be told right from wrong. He is grown up now..... Or should be.

He is grown. And he did what he did because he believes strongly in the issue which prompted the protest.

Yes, it all started as a game kids played in the summer to occupy their time. It is still predominately a kids game as most who play it are still kids.

Kneeling when you should be standing and shoving his ignorant ass opinion into everyones living room at the beginning of a game is not passive, dude.

To try and claim that the NFL, and the billions of dollars involved in that institution, is a kid's game is dishonest. Football may have started as a kids game, but these are grown men.

Yes, it very much IS passive. He did nothing to anyone. He was protesting something he considers serious. No one was harmed by seeing him kneel. Just like no one was harmed watching Tebow pray. It is passive.

CK is not going to be in the HoF, but he is a better backup QB than many in the league.
He's un-American, that's the harm. Ship him out to his place of choice and freeze his accounts that he made from good red blood God loving Americans. You don't disown your only country of origin without consequences. That should never have been televised. We wouldn't have half the problems if we stuck together and worked for the same cause!

Yeah, what a freedom-loving and open way to see things.

Sorry of you don't like what he did. You are free to feel that way. But demanding that everyone act exactly the same where patriotism is concerned goes against the principles on which this nation was founded. And no, we don't kick people out or steal their money simply because they do something (legal) that you don't like.
There is a point where you have to draw a line that should not be crossed. Hating your country is that line in my opinion. I didn't serve 4 years in the gulf War for people to sit back and disrespect the country they are from and live in..... Where we all live too! People need to stand up and make their voices heard that this kind of anti-american act is not acceptable. It's not what we were founded upon or what we stand for at all. Read the print on a dollar bill someday when you have time. Do a little history research. Understand what America is about before saying it's OK to not be patriotic. He has the freedom but should not be praised for the hate he has.

No, there is no point at which someone does something legal and they get kicked out of the country and their money stolen. That is not how it works.

Patriotism is a wonderful thing. But what you are demanding is that people show it whether they actually believe it or feel it. YOu want them to fake it to pacify your own lunacy.

He knelt for a reason. He was protesting the killing of people of color by cops and other gov't agencies. Not only is protesting very American, it is protected by the US Constitution.

You might have seen this paragraph somewhere? "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

And lastly, look at the nations in the world that require shows of patriotism. Those are not free nations. Here we do not punish people for a lack of patriotism. I too am a veteran. I swore an oath to protect and defend the US Constitution.
You misunderstood the point I was making. The one point I was trying to get at in summary was that there is a time and a place for things to be done. That might be a reasonable place but the time was totally wrong. I don't mind protesting at all, at the right time. Certain things should be shunned, not illegal. This should be shunned and people should encourage him to leave, not the government. He disrespected the people of our nation by choosing the time to do his stupid stunt!

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

He is grown. And he did what he did because he believes strongly in the issue which prompted the protest.
He still chose a very piss poor time to do what he did. Very bad choice.

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

Kap did no wrong and he didn't hurt any one!! I can't understand why Red State conservatives are so pissed off and have shown hatered to anyone who doesn't want to standup to a conservative inspired National Anthem. Not one American died or was injured by Kap NOT standing up to the NATIONAL ANTHEM. This reeks with conservatism.

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

Kap did no wrong and he didn't hurt any one!! I can't understand why Red State conservatives are so pissed off and have shown hatered to anyone who doesn't want to standup to a conservative inspired National Anthem. Not one American died or was injured by Kap NOT standing up to the NATIONAL ANTHEM. This reeks with conservatism.

So, he has a right to voice his opinion, but no one else does?

I played football since I was 8, little leauge, JR HS, HS, and in the team leauge in the Navy. I never got into watching it on TV, I watch the super bowl and that's about it. If I am not playing, I could care less to watch. Most rabid sports fans I have known...never played.

A kids game? The average age of players in the NFL is the lowest it has been, at around 26 years old.

And yes, it WAS passive. I did not DO anything to anyone. He withheld his show of respect. Very different things.

And the noise about boycotting is to get CK fired. It has worked so far.
Conservatives are un-American too!!!!

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

Mr Jones told the Cowboys players you had best stand for the National Anthem or you're fired

-Geaux

I disagree

-Geaux

-Geaux

Mr Jones told the Cowboys players you had best stand for the National Anthem or you're fired

-Geaux
Mr. Jones is a DICK!!!!

Forum List

Back