Poll: People Stopped Watching the NFL Because of Colin Kaepernick

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And I'm certain it will remain that way, if these guys insert politics into what should be an escape from all the crap.

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

[QUOTE

• Search for:

A plurality of people surveyed said that they stopped watching the NFL because of the quarterback’s national anthem protests.

Poll-People-Stopped-Watching-the-NFL-Because-of-Colin-Kaepernick-L.jpg

FACEBOOKTWITTERMAIL
July 27, 2017
5:07 pm
A new poll from J.D. Power of NFL viewers who had started to watch less games showed that the main reason for the decreased viewership was Colin Kaepernick’s anti-national anthem protests, according to ESPN.

The survey revealed that 26 percent of those who watched fewer games had tuned out due to Kaepernick’s protests. The second-most popular reason dealt with the NFL’s handling of issues related to rules and off-field player conduct at 24 percent.

According to ESPN, the NFL suffered a viewership drop this past season:

NFL game viewership on networks that broadcast games was down an average of 8 percent for the 2016 regular season versus the season before. Before the election (Nov. 8), games for the first nine weeks were down 14 percent compared to 2015. The final eight weeks saw only a drop of 1 percent compared to Weeks 10-17 in 2015.

Throughout the 2016 season, Kaepernick would kneel during the national anthem in protest on behalf of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Kaepernick, who played for the San Francisco 49ers for the past six season, remains a free agent this offseason. Some observers have attributed Kaepernick’s unemployment to his activism, while ignoring the fact that his team only won two games last season.

[/QUOTE]

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.

I continued to watch. Not letting a nutjob leftist take away one of my passions. Had I lived there I may have reacted differently but I don't. My memories of the 49ers are from Joe Montana's era. This douchenozzel is but a blip on the radar.
Great hair though.

Only reason I would stop watching is that Goodell has really changed the game for the worse. I know and am sensitive to concussion issues but I am not sure that some of the changes in the game to favor offenses and defavor hitting are good in the long run. I think that the Deep State has its fingers in the NFL and is turning everyone into snowflakes. (just want to do the USMB socially accepted take on this)\irony.

I definitely didn't stop watching, but I did indeed watch LESS because of Kaepernick and those like him.
I watch to escape all of the crap we deal with, and I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and put up with football being turned into a political rally.

I still watch but with much less devotion and enthusiasm. Kaeperneck's stunt wasn't when I began to lose interest. That started years ago with stupid rule changes too many flags and playing games in European soccer stadiums. But Kaep's disrespect of my country sure hasn't helped.

I know, right? lol. I am not going to let some kneeling twat stop me from enjoying my Steeler Sundays.

I still watch but with much less devotion and enthusiasm. Kaeperneck's stunt wasn't when I began to lose interest. That started years ago with stupid rule changes too many flags and playing games in European soccer stadiums. But Kaep's disrespect of my country sure hasn't helped.
Gotta get in those endless commercials via instant replay

Short of the Super Bowl and maybe a few of the playoffs, I stopped watching a long time ago. It's a huge chunk of time I can use doing other things.

"J.D. Power noted that only 12 percent of the fans it surveyed said they watched fewer NFL games last season, with 27 percent of people saying they watched more and 62 percent saying they watched just as much as they had the season before."

The OP left that part out. 27% are watching more, 12% are watching less. And Colin Kaepernick had nothing to do with either figure.

"J.D. Power noted that only 12 percent of the fans it surveyed said they watched fewer NFL games last season, with 27 percent of people saying they watched more and 62 percent saying they watched just as much as they had the season before."

The OP left that part out. 27% are watching more, 12% are watching less. And Colin Kaepernick had nothing to do with either figure.
Liberal public education math 101...Buuuuuaaahahahahahaha

I stopped watching NFL before this. But, if I had still been watching, the cowardly and pathetic NFL response to Kaepernick would have been the final straw.

I dropped it quite awhile before Kaepernick's antics. Too many commercials, and too much bullshit officiating in order to accommodate more commercials.

Liberal public education math 101...Buuuuuaaahahahahahaha

I know. Numbers must be so confusing for you. Numbers always seem to disagree with your preconceived beliefs.

Forum List

Back