Poll: Majority Want Newt Back as Speaker

Newt also thinks the other 8 are also traitors. Is he right?

No two people agree on everything 100%.
I love Trump, but I don't agree with him on everything.
I love Gingrich but I think he is wrong about Gaetz

Poll: Majority Want Newt Back as Speaker​

QUOTE: Newt Gingrich, who served as House Speaker from 1995-99, is the overwhelming choice of likely Republican voters for the seat after the ouster of Rep. Kevin McCarthy, according to a poll released Wednesday.
Gingrich was chosen by 53% of 850 respondents in an InsiderAdvantage survey conducted Tuesday, scoring 42 percentage points higher than his nearest competition, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who announced his candidacy Wednesday.
Although Gingrich has been out of public office for several years, he remains eligible to serve because the position does not require that the speaker be an elected member of the House

OP COMMENT: This is a fantastic idea. Newt was the best, and he is also a Trump supporter.

Newt has dissed the current GOP members of the House. Plus, he was thrown out himself. Some of you people here are truly demented with convenient memories that keep you in the dark.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

The goodwill from which, he promptly pissed away.

He was doing a job that no living Republican had ever done. He gets cut a little slack. Could you have done the job better?

He was doing a job that no living Republican had ever done. He gets cut a little slack. Could you have done the job better?
With great bravado, such as his at the time, comes great expectations.

He caved on the budget showdown of '95, a mere day or two before the demoncrats would've surrendered....Then was chased out of town like a whiny little bitch, by the media whom he knew wouldn't ever be fair to him.

Might be the most overrated republican "leader" of all time.

Newter is why I refused to ever vote GOP again in '95....More controlled opposition.

Newt is the stalking horse who stuck his foot in the door for Trump years ago during the 2014 MT when the duopoly needed to do something about the fact that over 50% of the electorate had left the establishment parties.

Never could stand that shyster...

For reference...

Last edited:

Poll: Majority Want Newt Back as Speaker​

QUOTE: Newt Gingrich, who served as House Speaker from 1995-99, is the overwhelming choice of likely Republican voters for the seat after the ouster of Rep. Kevin McCarthy, according to a poll released Wednesday.
Gingrich was chosen by 53% of 850 respondents in an InsiderAdvantage survey conducted Tuesday, scoring 42 percentage points higher than his nearest competition, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who announced his candidacy Wednesday.
Although Gingrich has been out of public office for several years, he remains eligible to serve because the position does not require that the speaker be an elected member of the House

OP COMMENT: This is a fantastic idea. Newt was the best, and he is also a Trump supporter.
Newt thinks the traitor 8 should be expelled.

By the way. The Majority? It's always wrong. Always.

Here's why. "The Majority'' only thinks in accordance with the predetermined terms/choices of the little box in which it is contained.

The Majority never thinks outside of the constraints of its little box. Ever.

Which is why everybody keeps voting to repeat the same failed policies over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And, of course, the duopoly loves them for it.

Last edited:
With great bravado, such as his at the time, comes great expectations.

He caved on the budget showdown of '95, a mere day or two before the demoncrats would've surrendered....Then was chased out of town like a whiny little bitch, by the media whom he knew wouldn't ever be fair to him.

Might be the most overrated republican "leader" of all time.
But wasn't he part of the Balanced Budget Act of 97? That was when I was a Kasich fan, and I'd have voted for him in 16 ..... or 08 LOL.

Not earth shaking, but if Newt was part of that deal (and I think he was) then at least he understood the need for bipartisanship in any budget deal.

McCarthy's downfall, imo, came about because he didn't give dems any reason to save him. HE did get a CR passed on a bipartisan vote. But he was not playing any role in getting behind some bipartisan agreement to balance the budget or something akin to that. But, niether party would support that today. It included somewhere around 30 billion in added taxes (not income taxes, but more excise-use type taxes) to get somewhere around 130 billion in total deficit reductions.

A professor of history and geography at the University of West Georgia in the 1970s, Gingrich won election to the U.S. House of Representatives in November 1978, the first Republican in the history of Georgia's 6th congressional district to do so. He served as House Minority Whip from 1989 to 1995. A co-author and architect of the "Contract with America", Time named him "Man of the Year" for "his role in ending the four-decades-long Democratic majority in the House".

Because being the first GOP speaker in 50 years was such an historic event, he was allowed to address the nation just like a president. I remember watching it.

Newt Gingrich - House Speaker Inaugural Address (Audio Enhanced)​

He's "only" 80.....Why not? ;)

Sadly the dems of today are not the dems of the late 80s/early 90s, he could not work with them now as he did then.....What he could do I think is stand on the gop side to the point he makes them play ball or else.

I swear, I watched Jim Jordan this morning going on and I was wondering when he was coming up for air he was so long-winded.....After he finally got done I could not remember a fuckin' word he said.
Probably because he said absolutely nothing in his normal bullshit word salad!

I did not think he was that long-winded......Whoo! I bet sitting on a committee with him is a real treat. Just STFU and get to the point.
He is a rep from my state. Not my district though. Have seen and heard enough from him to know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Even if I agreed with his ideology I would say the same as you. STFU and get to it!
Dammit man!

Forum List

Back