Poll: Majority Want Newt Back as Speaker

But wasn't he part of the Balanced Budget Act of 97? That was when I was a Kasich fan, and I'd have voted for him in 16 ..... or 08 LOL.

Not earth shaking, but if Newt was part of that deal (and I think he was) then at least he understood the need for bipartisanship in any budget deal.
As noted uncounted times during the 1992 campaign by Ross Perot, the budget was always going to come into balance all by itself, given the current revenue and spending trends, in 2002, after which it the deficits and debt would explode.....Neither Newt, Clinton, nor any of the District of Criminals clown car had any doing in the alleged '98 "balanced budget" (which was only PROJECTED to come into balance in.......wait for it........2002).
McCarthy's downfall, imo, came about because he didn't give dems any reason to save him. HE did get a CR passed on a bipartisan vote. But he was not playing any role in getting behind some bipartisan agreement to balance the budget or something akin to that. But, niether party would support that today. It included somewhere around 30 billion in added taxes (not income taxes, but more excise-use type taxes) to get somewhere around 130 billion in total deficit reductions.

His downfall came because he lied to the people who opposed him, in order to get their votes to elevate him to the position....His enemy is in the mirror.

As noted uncounted times during the 1992 campaign by Ross Perot, the budget was always going to come into balance all by itself, given the current revenue and spending trends, in 2002, after which it the deficits and debt would explode.....Neither Newt, Clinton, nor any of the District of Criminals clown car had any doing in the alleged '98 "balanced budget" (which was only PROJECTED to come into balance in.......wait for it........2002).

His downfall came because he lied to the people who opposed him, in order to get their votes to elevate him to the position....His enemy is in the mirror.

I agree that without the tech boom and the 90s economy, the budget would have balanced on the deal made. Newt's a jerk, no doubt. But he was capable of bipartisan legislation ... which btw the in the norm for about ANY legislation that gets enacted .... and McCarthy did not show that.

So ... my verdict ... this is a TP shit show. All this about a normal rules budget and the rest of it is bullshit. There's no budget without bipartisanship.

I agree that without the tech boom and the 90s economy, the budget would have balanced on the deal made. Newt's a jerk, no doubt. But he was capable of bipartisan legislation ... which btw the in the norm for about ANY legislation that gets enacted .... and McCarthy did not show that.

So ... my verdict ... this is a TP shit show. All this about a normal rules budget and the rest of it is bullshit. There's no budget without bipartisanship.
There's no budget without a budget....CRs and Cramnibus bills aren't the Constitutionality prescribed "budgets", as were passed up until the late 1990s, before all that nonsense became common.

McCarthy lied and got tossed for it.

The goodwill from which, he promptly pissed away.
Kookie Krazy Klowns Newt JorDan Scalice RACE hOUSE sPEAKER.jpg

THE RACE IS ON. I am wondering how much of a shot Scalice has at winning , if it's not a secret ballot.

There's no budget without a budget....CRs and Cramnibus bills aren't the Constitutionality prescribed "budgets", as were passed up until the late 1990s, before all that nonsense became common.

McCarthy lied and got tossed for it.
McCarthy wasn't speaker when the 23 budget passed, and there hasn't been separate committee budgets for near 40 years now ... but .... what tied up the teaparty from getting one? McCarthy? please. You have no answers, and I don't choose to deal with your fantasies.

Not that I'm totally displeased with the TP's incompetence. IF Biden can get his electrodes working, perhaps the dems can do something about amnesty and the border ... because the gop just flushed the econ issue down the drain.

McCarthy wasn't speaker when the 23 budget passed, and there hasn't been separate committee budgets for near 40 years now ... but .... what tied up the teaparty from getting one? McCarthy? please. You have no answers, and I don't choose to deal with your fantasies.

Not that I'm totally displeased with the TP's incompetence. IF Biden can get his electrodes working, perhaps the dems can do something about amnesty and the border ... because the gop just flushed the econ issue down the drain.
This ball started rolling when he didn't just wave the white flag on the debt ceiling, he went full Vichy collaborationist.

He controlled the agenda and calendar, and could have put the traditional seven spending bills onto the floor for debate, markups, amendments and such back in the late spring....He didn't do that.....Instead, he did like all who came before him did; he put it all off until the fiscal year was closing in and it was govern by contrived "crisis" yet again.

McCarthy did it to himself.

Not even going to argue that....He's a good man, a smart man, a great historian.

But he was a shitty tactician and didn't have the guts to play the kind of hardball shit that is the DNC playbook.
They can't all be winners.

Newt was my rep in the House for several years. He is a good man.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

I bet his ex wife would disagree.

While Newt and his first wife, Jackie Battley, were separated, Newt learned she had filed for divorce and was seeking alimony and custody of their two children. Nice guy Newt, then went to her hospital room and argued with her over it all... Jackie Battley had earlier undergone cancer surgery and was now in the hospital again, recovering from surgery to remove a tumor.

What a nice guy. Yeah, right.

Not even going to argue that....He's a good man, a smart man, a great historian.

But he was a shitty tactician and didn't have the guts to play the kind of hardball shit that is the DNC playbook.

Newt was a high school level historian :auiqs.jpg:lacking any academic credentials. Newt played hardball, sleazy too. But he was more interested in power and money. He screwed his constituents and the nation.

Poll: Majority Want Newt Back as Speaker​

QUOTE: Newt Gingrich, who served as House Speaker from 1995-99, is the overwhelming choice of likely Republican voters for the seat after the ouster of Rep. Kevin McCarthy, according to a poll released Wednesday.
Gingrich was chosen by 53% of 850 respondents in an InsiderAdvantage survey conducted Tuesday, scoring 42 percentage points higher than his nearest competition, Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, who announced his candidacy Wednesday.
Although Gingrich has been out of public office for several years, he remains eligible to serve because the position does not require that the speaker be an elected member of the House

OP COMMENT: This is a fantastic idea. Newt was the best, and he is also a Trump supporter.

Newt Gingerich was driven from office by the House Republican Caucus who turned on him just like they turned on McCarthy. The ONLY Republican Speaker of the House who wasn't driven from office by his Caucus was Dennis Hastert.

That's good, 87% of the folks here are woefully inadequate when it comes to something as important as gun knowledge. ;)
Most people haven't researched the subject like you.

They have no training and they barely know enough to keep from shooting themselves.
They wouldn't know the difference between windage and elevation.

When I went to SOT school a Ft Bragg I found out how little I knew.

I was the commo guy on the team, so I knew everything about figuring takeoff angles, Morse Code, and frequencies, but the weapons guys were supposed to know everything about our weapons systems.

Forum List

Back