POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?

Should the Tea Party secede from the GOP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Unless I've missed one, I don't see any posts by conservatives who feel that the Tea Party should split from the GOP.

Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I'm sure you would want a split and a third party that would give the Dems an advantage with the opposing side votes being divided up.

Under our current system, aka 2 parties, you commit political suicide doing so...........

What happened to the blue dogs who chose not to toe the line with Dems within the party........They were destroyed because they dared to oppose the Party line. Should Blue dogs form a different party.............and would you want that option?
Well, first, I keep seeing, reading and hearing that the "conservatives" want the "RINOs" out of the party. So this wasn't my idea.

And second, I think that the resulting GOP might be able to pick up moderate voters who think the Dems have moved too far left, and that might very well make up for the loss of the Tea Party.

Mac if the conservatives did form their own party in the US you would then have three parties clearly defined in ideologies for the voter to relate to as we do.

Conservative, Liberal (centrist left) or for the far left the NDP the New Democrat Party.

Then the voter gets a true choice on who to vote for.
Yeah, and this seems like it would make sense. The GOP would be the more moderate party, the Tea Party would take the conservatives.

The obvious wild card here is the electoral college...

No, but the Tea Party should stop calling themselves that. The original
Tea Party was Libertarian. The ultra right usurped the TP.

The "tea" in tea party is an acronym that stands for Taxed Enough Already. Nothing was usurped. In Boston way back in 1773, the tea party people did not label themselves as the "tea party". So again, nothing was usurped.

The "tea" in tea party is an acronym that stands for Taxed Enough Already. Nothing was usurped. In Boston way back in 1773, the tea party people did not label themselves as the "tea party". So again, nothing was usurped.

There was no such thing as a tea party party. It was an event called the Boston tea party.

There was no such thing as a tea party party. It was an event called the Boston tea party.

That's what I just said.

Yep. There's a ton of libertarian influence in the GOP right now, and it's coming mostly from the Tea Party.

I have to disagree. I'm a libertarian and the only thing I agree with the TP on is economic policy.

Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion.

Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion.

Perhaps a different tea party.

Show me a Tea Party's mission statement that says anything about the Ten Commandments, Obama's birth certificate or abortion.

Tea Party Express Mission Statement Tea Party Express

About TheTeaParty.net - The Tea Party

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Tea Party Mission Statement

Hope you like crow!

Show me a Tea Party's mission statement that says anything about the Ten Commandments, Obama's birth certificate or abortion.

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

Please. You are going to tell that the Tea Party doesn't care about those things I mentioned?

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

Please. You are going to tell that the Tea Party doesn't care about those things I mentioned?

I'm sure there are members in the Tea Party as well as society at large that cares about those issues. I'm telling you that those issues aren't the core issues of the tea party and you haven't provided any evidence that suggest otherwise.

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

I'm sure there are members in the Tea Party as well as society at large that cares about those issues. I'm telling you that those issues aren't the core issues of the tea party and you haven't provided any evidence that suggest otherwise.

I'm not stating now nor have I ever stated that they were core issues. In fact I stated that the TP and Libertarians agree on economic policy issues. Those were/are issues that happened to come up AFTER the TP was taken over by the hard right.

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

I'm not stating now nor have I ever stated that they were core issues. In fact I stated that the TP and Libertarians agree on economic policy issues. Those were/are issues that happened to come up AFTER the TP was taken over by the hard right.

Why did you bring up that crap then?

"Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion"

You don' t have a leg to stand on. Might as well stop digging yourself into a hole.

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

"Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion"

You don' t have a leg to stand on. Might as well stop digging yourself into a hole.

Dude really? How hard is it to understand that the TP can be concerned with those things AND economic policy? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

About Us - Tea Party

Tea Party Patriots

Hope you like crow!

Dude really? How hard is it to understand that the TP can be concerned with those things AND economic policy? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

there are degrees of concern. the primary concerns of the tea party are lower taxes, smaller less intrusive federal government, and sane fiscal policy. The others are fringe issues that are concerns of a small group within every political faction.

It does not matter if the Tea Party can win it is time for someone to stand up to the establishment. We damn well know there will be no one standing against the democrat establishment so let it be on the right. At some point in time we have to realize that no matter how we vote the result is always the same. So punish the Republicans that is all right minded people can do.

The only reason not to, and this is a very good reason, is it might lead to another Clinton getting in the back door. I still regret my Perot vote for the very reason. I bet a lot of people don't know that Clinton never won the popular vote.

It does not matter if the Tea Party can win it is time for someone to stand up to the establishment. We damn well know there will be no one standing against the democrat establishment so let it be on the right. At some point in time we have to realize that no matter how we vote the result is always the same. So punish the Republicans that is all right minded people can do.

The only reason not to, and this is a very good reason, is it might lead to another Clinton getting in the back door. I still regret my Perot vote for the very reason. I bet a lot of people don't know that Clinton never won the popular vote.

very true. Perot voters elected clinton. I was one of them. I won't make that mistake again.

Trump is shaking up both parties and that is good for the USA. I think its really time for a non-politician president, one who is not afraid to speak the truth and not worry about offending some special interest or minority group.

very true. Perot voters elected clinton. I was one of them. I won't make that mistake again.

Trump is shaking up both parties and that is good for the USA. I think its really time for a non-politician president, one who is not afraid to speak the truth and not worry about offending some special interest or minority group.

Trump is not running for President. He is not establishing the ground work needed to run a successful campaign. Yes, he is sucking the air out of the election but that will only last so long and he will be done. Better hitch your saddle to another "canidate."

there are degrees of concern. the primary concerns of the tea party are lower taxes, smaller less intrusive federal government, and sane fiscal policy. The others are fringe issues that are concerns of a small group within every political faction.

Let me help our liberal friends.

"he primary concerns of the tea party"

are lower taxes: code words for helping to expand on income inequality.

smaller less intrusive federal government, Code words for cut welfare

and sane fiscal policy. Code words for, you are insane.

Trump is not running for President. He is not establishing the ground work needed to run a successful campaign. Yes, he is sucking the air out of the election but that will only last so long and he will be done. Better hitch your saddle to another "canidate."

I disagree, I think he is running. He has plenty of time to put a team together. He is using his own money, why spend it too early?

As to hitching a saddle. I like Kasich/Rubiio Kasich/Paul Kasich/Cruz or Trump/anyone But I will vote against whoever the dems run.

Forum List

Back