POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?

Should the Tea Party secede from the GOP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
I'm sure there are members in the Tea Party as well as society at large that cares about those issues. I'm telling you that those issues aren't the core issues of the tea party and you haven't provided any evidence that suggest otherwise.

I'm not stating now nor have I ever stated that they were core issues. In fact I stated that the TP and Libertarians agree on economic policy issues. Those were/are issues that happened to come up AFTER the TP was taken over by the hard right.

Why did you bring up that crap then?

"Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion"

You don' t have a leg to stand on. Might as well stop digging yourself into a hole.

Dude really? How hard is it to understand that the TP can be concerned with those things AND economic policy? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

there are degrees of concern. the primary concerns of the tea party are lower taxes, smaller less intrusive federal government, and sane fiscal policy. The others are fringe issues that are concerns of a small group within every political faction.

Let me help our liberal friends.

"he primary concerns of the tea party"

are lower taxes: code words for helping to expand on income inequality.

smaller less intrusive federal government, Code words for cut welfare

and sane fiscal policy. Code words for, you are insane.

total bullshit.

lower taxes make the economy grow. A growing economy helps everyone. half of americans pay no federal income taxes, has anyone suggested changing that? But I get it, lets punish the people who create jobs and pay the taxes.

Welfare should always be available for those who cannot care for themselves. No one has suggested reducing welfare for those who need it.

Sane fiscal policy means living within your budget, not borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent and running up the national debt to 20 trillion dollars.

for you thinking processes: a trillion is a thousand billion, a billion is a thousand million.

YES please secede. It would be fun to watch. A big group of people who form their own country or state or whatever. No taxes whatsoever, no schools, no military, no police, no firemen, no teachers...and they all clamor to make minimum wage. Low educated, low wage earners. Perfect. Like reality TV.

YES please secede. It would be fun to watch. A big group of people who form their own country or state or whatever. No taxes whatsoever, no schools, no military, no police, no firemen, no teachers...and they all clamor to make minimum wage. Low educated, low wage earners. Perfect. Like reality TV.
Well, just for the record, I meant secede from the GOP, not the country...

:laugh:

Please. You are going to tell that the Tea Party doesn't care about those things I mentioned?

I'm sure there are members in the Tea Party as well as society at large that cares about those issues. I'm telling you that those issues aren't the core issues of the tea party and you haven't provided any evidence that suggest otherwise.

I'm not stating now nor have I ever stated that they were core issues. In fact I stated that the TP and Libertarians agree on economic policy issues. Those were/are issues that happened to come up AFTER the TP was taken over by the hard right.

"Sorry, the modern Tea Party was started by Ron Paul supporters protesting government spending, taxes, and the Fed. We didn't concern ourselves with the 10 Commandments in courts, or Obama's birth certificate, or abortion"

You don' t have a leg to stand on. Might as well stop digging yourself into a hole.

Dude really? How hard is it to understand that the TP can be concerned with those things AND economic policy? Reading comprehension a problem for you?

there are degrees of concern. the primary concerns of the tea party are lower taxes, smaller less intrusive federal government, and sane fiscal policy. The others are fringe issues that are concerns of a small group within every political faction.

No argument.

How can you be so stupid and still use a computer? That's the mystery here.

total bullshit.

lower taxes make the economy grow. A growing economy helps everyone. half of americans pay no federal income taxes, has anyone suggested changing that? But I get it, lets punish the people who create jobs and pay the taxes.

Welfare should always be available for those who cannot care for themselves. No one has suggested reducing welfare for those who need it.

Sane fiscal policy means living within your budget, not borrowing 40 cents of every dollar spent and running up the national debt to 20 trillion dollars.

for you thinking processes: a trillion is a thousand billion, a billion is a thousand million.

He's an idiot and a progressive, but I repeat myself.

Unless I've missed one, I don't see any posts by conservatives who feel that the Tea Party should split from the GOP.

Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I'm sure you would want a split and a third party that would give the Dems an advantage with the opposing side votes being divided up.

Under our current system, aka 2 parties, you commit political suicide doing so...........

What happened to the blue dogs who chose not to toe the line with Dems within the party........They were destroyed because they dared to oppose the Party line. Should Blue dogs form a different party.............and would you want that option?
Well, first, I keep seeing, reading and hearing that the "conservatives" want the "RINOs" out of the party. So this wasn't my idea.

And second, I think that the resulting GOP might be able to pick up moderate voters who think the Dems have moved too far left, and that might very well make up for the loss of the Tea Party.

Mac if the conservatives did form their own party in the US you would then have three parties clearly defined in ideologies for the voter to relate to as we do.

Conservative, Liberal (centrist left) or for the far left the NDP the New Democrat Party.

Then the voter gets a true choice on who to vote for.
Yeah, and this seems like it would make sense. The GOP would be the more moderate party, the Tea Party would take the conservatives.

The obvious wild card here is the electoral college...

True. One thing to note. Over the years with the three party system up here is that despite ideologies, when it comes to the practical matter of governing there is a give and take when one party becomes a majority.

For example the Conservatives have accepted that a right to an abortion is the law of the land. But working with the Liberals and the NDP members of Parliament who are concerned for example about gender selection abortion and late term abortion as times have changed and issues have changed within the abortion medical community, they can find middle ground. As far as I know there are investigative committees that involve all three parties holding hearings with the concerned medical communities.

Or when the Liberals were in power, they realized that they had to become fiscally conservative to keep the country out of debt and they pulled it off fighting back many of their more left wing representatives to maintain financial stability.

Paul Martin a Liberal Finance Minister is respected from all sides of the aisle for his ability to keep our financial stick on the ice when he was in charge. Ditto Jim Flaherty rest his soul that was a Conservative Finance Minister who continued liberal social programs but with a conservative steady hand.

Very different approaches to governing as compared to the "winner take all and we won we rule you go suck a duck " attitude that comes out of Washington.

The Democrats are really shitty winners. Republicans truly aren't as bad. If anything they win and still give away the store to the Dems too frequently.

:lol:

Yes. Absolutely. And when the Teabagger candidate only gets 2% of the vote in the general, the GOP will stop pissing themselves over these nuts.
Teabaggers should refuse all food until one of theirs gains the White House.....
Oh aren't you two just cute as a faggot button... both of you fantasizing about having a big sweaty, sagging, ball sack dropped in your suck hole.

But for the rest of us, it's back to the OP and try and ignore you two scrotum loving little queers...

... yes, I think the republican party is in shambles as is the dems. There are establishment, good ole boys, career, bought and paid for reps in both parties. The repubs have a chance to clean their party up. The dems would never think of it... they'll support any trash that comes down the pike that says they're a prog.

If the repubs won't get back to their roots, then the true conservative patriots of the party should vacate. The repubs that are left can be renamed DEM LITE.

Hey, you guys called yourselves "Teabaggers", until someone explained to you what that actually meant.

If the GOP got back to it's roots, it would be a progressive liberal party, which is what it was through most of its history.

Unless I've missed one, I don't see any posts by conservatives who feel that the Tea Party should split from the GOP.

Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I'm sure you would want a split and a third party that would give the Dems an advantage with the opposing side votes being divided up.

Under our current system, aka 2 parties, you commit political suicide doing so...........

What happened to the blue dogs who chose not to toe the line with Dems within the party........They were destroyed because they dared to oppose the Party line. Should Blue dogs form a different party.............and would you want that option?
Well, first, I keep seeing, reading and hearing that the "conservatives" want the "RINOs" out of the party. So this wasn't my idea.

And second, I think that the resulting GOP might be able to pick up moderate voters who think the Dems have moved too far left, and that might very well make up for the loss of the Tea Party.

Mac if the conservatives did form their own party in the US you would then have three parties clearly defined in ideologies for the voter to relate to as we do.

Conservative, Liberal (centrist left) or for the far left the NDP the New Democrat Party.

Then the voter gets a true choice on who to vote for.
Yeah, and this seems like it would make sense. The GOP would be the more moderate party, the Tea Party would take the conservatives.

The obvious wild card here is the electoral college...

True. One thing to note. Over the years with the three party system up here is that despite ideologies, when it comes to the practical matter of governing there is a give and take when one party becomes a majority.

For example the Conservatives have accepted that a right to an abortion is the law of the land. But working with the Liberals and the NDP members of Parliament who are concerned for example about gender selection abortion and late term abortion as times have changed and issues have changed within the abortion medical community, they can find middle ground. As far as I know there are investigative committees that involve all three parties holding hearings with the concerned medical communities.

Or when the Liberals were in power, they realized that they had to become fiscally conservative to keep the country out of debt and they pulled it off fighting back many of their more left wing representatives to maintain financial stability.

Paul Martin a Liberal Finance Minister is respected from all sides of the aisle for his ability to keep our financial stick on the ice when he was in charge. Ditto Jim Flaherty rest his soul that was a Conservative Finance Minister who continued liberal social programs but with a conservative steady hand.

Very different approaches to governing as compared to the "winner take all and we won we rule you go suck a duck " attitude that comes out of Washington.

The Democrats are really shitty winners. Republicans truly aren't as bad. If anything they win and still give away the store to the Dems too frequently.

:lol:
Why do you suppose the Tea Party conservatives are not willing to break off, and instead are saying the GOP needs to rid itself of the "RINOs"? My guess is that they know that, even though their numbers are not large, they have taken over the party in terms of energy, and they'd rather start with a party foundation than start new. Would that be fair?

Guys, this is where this whole thing gets hard to understand.

When the Tea Party was born (essentially after Rick Santelli's CNBC rant), its message was very clear and very focused: Responsible government spending, cut taxes.

But very quickly, and I'm talking a few weeks at most, the movement was essentially usurped by Beck, Palin and Bachmann, and then Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin. And all those people are strict social conservatives. So, like it or not, from the outside, the Tea Party quickly went from being focused to being just hardcore, absolutist, right wing, up and down, across the board.

That's the image it has now, whether that is the intent or not. And everyone can see the (loud) fighting of the "Republicans" and the "conservatives", and it is clearly not going to calm down before the 2016 elections, or perhaps even after that. So what is the smart thing to do?

Last edited:
"POLL: Conservatives/Republicans: Should the Tea Party secede?"

One fails to see the point unless they take the social conservatives, Christian fundamentalists, reactionary libertarians with them – along with other assorted bigots, racists, and extreme rightwing loons.

When the Tea Party was born (essentially after Rick Santelli's CNBC rant), its message was very clear and very focused: Responsible government spending, cut taxes.

But very quickly, and I'm talking a few weeks at most, the movement was essentially usurped by Beck, Palin and Bachmann, and then Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin. And all those people are strict social conservatives. So, like it or not, from the outside, the Tea Party quickly went from being focused to being just hardcore, absolutist, right wing, up and down, across the board.

That's the image it has now, whether that is the intent or not. And everyone can see the (loud) fighting of the "Republicans" and the "conservatives", and it is clearly not going to calm down before the 2016 elections, or perhaps even after that. So what is the smart thing to do?

I agree mostly with your post but it doesn't change the fact that the previous post was partisan hack stupidity.

I agree mostly with your post but it doesn't change the fact that the previous post was partisan hack stupidity.
Well, with the amount of partisan hackery here, it's all pretty much a blur to me.

:rolleyes-41:

No one has ever achieved their goals by running away from them.

To form a conservative party is not running away. It is recognizing that there is a built in caste system within Washington, DC.

And the heads of that caste system will never relinquish their power. Never.

One can achieve their goals by starting another party. We have proven so in Canada. And we are the majority party now up here.
You are wrong.

A party exists, fully formed and ready to go.

To form another is to run away from the goals set out at the onset.

Those goals were to take back the GOP and restore it to rational governance of limited government.

totally wrong on all points. But nice recitation of lib/dem talking points.

Take the points one by one. Where am I wrong, and why?

Take the points one by one. Where am I wrong, and why?

The tea party remains true to its principles---the ones you listed, lower taxes, fiscal sanity, less intrusive federal govt.

It was not highjacked by anyone. The people you listed speak for themselves, not the tea party. The tea party is not an organization and certainly is not a political party. It is a movement or way of thinking.

I know that the old line party bosses of both parties fear the TP, but lying about who and what it is only makes the movement stronger.

Forum List

Back