Political leanings on the USMB Board

Well good for you. We have something in common then. I worked nearly full time and paid for both my undergrad and graduate degrees.

The best thing for you to do is to not think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. I do have more life experience than you; your histrionics won't change that. Life beyond education is quite different than working and going to school.

I don't think you're a idiot because you disagree with me. I think you're a idiot because you say stupid things.

Again, you have no idea what I've gone through or who I am. You may have more years on this earth than me, but that does not necessarily mean you've truly lived your life or seen the world for what it is all these years.

Also, you seem to group all college students into one group. I go to school with more than a few people over 25 and over 30. Heck, last semester I had a class with a guy in his 60's. This is another reason why I call you ignorant. The makeup on colleges is no longer just 18 year olds to 22 year olds. A older crowd are beginning to make their way onto college campuses to get 1st, 2nd, or graduate degrees.

An outlet for what?? For a more conservative perspective?? So what. Don't be dishonest and pretend that it is ALL opinion, because I don't think anyone on the right attempts to claim it is ALL news. There is also a case to be made that people today do not define news the way it was a couple of generation ago. Oh well, I do believe that most are smart enough to meander their way through the news and/or opinions. But that is where the left and right will butt heads considerably, because they are determined to paint the other side as sheep simply regurgitating talking points. That shit gets old and boring.

Lies and ignorance.

They seem to believe that the movie reefer madness is a documentary for starters.

Well if that sums up your "educated" opinion, then boy, you got robbed.:lol:

Doin' excellent buddy. I've only got two toes in the business now. We sold the restaurant in the Santa Barbara/Montecito Area. The Puck corporation made us an offer we couldn't refuse. They bought the whole package. We still own the controlling interest on the place in Vegas, but I have nothing to do with the day to day. It's my sous chefs show to run. I just sit on my ass and collect a check. For all intensive purposes, I'm retired and lovin' it.

Glad to hear you're doing well. Haven't seen you up here much lately.

Well I hope you made a pretty penny on the sales. Sounds like you're doing great.

I'm doing pretty well myself, my firstborn is starting to walk and talk, and I've been concentrating a lot of my attention on him of course. Though the firm I work for has been laying off a bunch of people,thanks to my rather pronounced work ethic, and (at the risk of not being humble) my raw talent, I've been kept on, and am picking up the slack, which is why I haven't had as much time for posting.

Thank you Cecilie1200. It's also telling that Dogbert tells people who don't agree with him to shut up. Very typical progressive academia.

Well good for you. We have something in common then. I worked nearly full time and paid for both my undergrad and graduate degrees.

The best thing for you to do is to not think that anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. I do have more life experience than you; your histrionics won't change that. Life beyond education is quite different than working and going to school.

I don't think you're a idiot because you disagree with me. I think you're a idiot because you say stupid things.

Again, you have no idea what I've gone through or who I am. You may have more years on this earth than me, but that does not necessarily mean you've truly lived your life or seen the world for what it is all these years.

Also, you seem to group all college students into one group. I go to school with more than a few people over 25 and over 30. Heck, last semester I had a class with a guy in his 60's. This is another reason why I call you ignorant. The makeup on colleges is no longer just 18 year olds to 22 year olds. A older crowd are beginning to make their way onto college campuses to get 1st, 2nd, or graduate degrees.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, junior.

Enjoy.

Air America failed because nobody wanted to listen to it. You could have supported it if it were important to you. NPR receives government handouts and has a very liberal editorial viewpoint. It's not the right's fault that the left can't run a viable business on the radio.

You're wrong.

Yup, many on the left don't need talking points and bullshit to confirm our opinions and beliefs, we rely on facts....:ducks: :lol:

Here's a clue, little one. Embracing YOUR speech is not "embracing free speech". This is akin to me saying, "They aren't sexist. They LOVE women!" or "They aren't racist. They LOVE white people!" There's a whole 'nother side out there that you aren't on which is being suppressed.

If I can interrupt your regularly scheduled delusion with some reality for just a moment, studies show that 96% of registered voters among liberal arts professors at schools such as Harvard or Cornell are Democrats or Green Party, with 86% at large state schools like the University of Texas or Penn State. So don't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining, and don't tell us that colleges "embrace free speech" with that sort of lopsidedness.

And that's just the faculty. That doesn't even BEGIN to get into those hallmarks of "free speech" among the student body known as "college speech codes", or numerous incidents of vandalism involving the burning of college Republican newspapers, or harassment of conservative student groups.

Harassment of Republican newspapers and Conservative student groups? I think you're taking a VERY small number of incidents and turning them into the majority. There is a Republican group here at the college, they are given the same amount of right and space every beginning of each semester to show people why they should join their club.

Again, what you have is what you read in your biased papers, I live it. If you want to keep YOUR delusions, be my guest.

Colleges embrace free speech. I've taken more than a few classes already that involve politics in one way or another, and the professors never tried to impart their political ideology onto us.

So don't try and piss on me and tell me that it's rain. You have no idea what goes on college campuses, so don't try and tell me what goes on.

It's not just this board, bub.

Those of us who are not Progressives (i.e. ranging from Moderate to Conservative) are not going to be silenced by the hyper Left. Your end of the spectrum has controlled the mainstream media and academia for years - and you begrudge us having a voice.

Tough Shit.

Why are you so hostile?? Why can't you righties treat people the way you want to be treated?? You are the ones that always start shit. Always. Nobody said anything to you that would make you respond like that. Grow up.

Right, because there are no leftwing lunatics on this board. :eusa_whistle:

I reckon I could pull a good argument there are fewer leftie loonies, but there are a couple for sure...

Thank you Cecilie1200. It's also telling that Dogbert tells people who don't agree with him to shut up. Very typical progressive academia.

I don't agree with Dogbert very often on political matters, but he's never told me to shut up.

Perhaps it has less to do with your ideology than you think.

:cool:

And if you want to complain about the amount of Liberals in Academia, here's a solution:

Get more Conservative scientists and professors.

It's not that difficult. You demean those who worked hard for years in their respective areas by trying to marginalize them to one sort of viewpoint or political ideology.

Do you have any real life knowledge of the politics on University campuses?

It's very difficult for conservatives to get tenure, thus blocking them from most professorships.

that's bogus, its because academics are highly educated and open minded and not rooted in some antiquated beliefs. as people have said "reality has a liberal bias"

It would seem that of late, the population of this board has taken a rather pronounced turn to the right.

New members have typically been right-wing oriented, and the posts have taken a decidedly right-wing talking point direction, including much in the way of repetitive spam.

It seems that many of my fellow posters on the left-hand side of things, have found this unpalatable and are posting less and less..

It would be unfortunate to see USMB turn into a right-wing echo chamber, ala Townhall.com.

Perhaps folks on both sides might want to talk about this issue and express their political leanings to see if my assertion has any validity whatsoever.

I, myself, am a leftie.

If anything, many of the posts are puerile. Such an atmosphere does not lend itself to substantive intellectual debate. Immature is immature regardless of political leaning.

More ignorance. I may not work full time or pay as much taxes as someone who does, but I work. I work my ass off daily in school too, I'm rarely on here anymore because I'm taking five classes this semester.

That's over sixteen hours of classes, never mind the work outside of classes so I can become a more productive number of society.

I'm also taking the personal responsibility of taking out student loans to pay whatever my scholarships don't so my parents do not have to foot the bill.

You have no idea about me, or the many others on college campuses. You're ignorant, and that's why I consider you a idiot. The only one who is intolerant here is you, and you show it with each passing post.

I am quite well informed on life, especially since I post on USMB since September of 2008. I don't need to be 25 and with a job to know what's wrong with this world. It doesn't take a job or a college degree to see these things.

The best thing for you to do at this point is to shut your mouth for your own sake before you make a bigger fool of yourself and learn about who I am before you go sprouting off. Or would that take too much work?

Yeah, and political leanings do sometimes change when you start having to pay those big bills. Things like Home and business mortgages. Childrens educations etc. Once you get into that arena, ya' start paying a lil' more attention to what's REALLY going on, and how it affects your life.

It definitely changed mine!

Well if that sums up your "educated" opinion, then boy, you got robbed.:lol:

Fox News is no different than MSNBC, they spin their side's political agenda for ratings and advertisements. You need to catch up if you don't think that's true.

It doesn't sum up my opinion on the subject either. I'm just not going to bother and try to have a legitimate conversation with you when you don't want to have one. You just want to talk about how Fox News is "fair and balanced."

Air America failed because nobody wanted to listen to it. You could have supported it if it were important to you. NPR receives government handouts and has a very liberal editorial viewpoint. It's not the right's fault that the left can't run a viable business on the radio.

You're wrong.

Yup, many on the left don't need talking points and bullshit to confirm our opinions and beliefs, we rely on facts....:ducks: :lol:

Wrong again, on the reverse side of the argument.

You are a idiot. Plain and simple. I'm telling you to shut up about me for your own sake because you keep talking about me as if you know me.

Spoiler Alert: You don't.

Edit: I'm not even a Progressive, and college has no influence on my views. But again, more ignorance from you. The fact you think you know me and my life better than me is just plain stupidity on your part.

Here's a clue, little one. Embracing YOUR speech is not "embracing free speech". This is akin to me saying, "They aren't sexist. They LOVE women!" or "They aren't racist. They LOVE white people!" There's a whole 'nother side out there that you aren't on which is being suppressed.

If I can interrupt your regularly scheduled delusion with some reality for just a moment, studies show that 96% of registered voters among liberal arts professors at schools such as Harvard or Cornell are Democrats or Green Party, with 86% at large state schools like the University of Texas or Penn State. So don't piss on our legs and tell us it's raining, and don't tell us that colleges "embrace free speech" with that sort of lopsidedness.

And that's just the faculty. That doesn't even BEGIN to get into those hallmarks of "free speech" among the student body known as "college speech codes", or numerous incidents of vandalism involving the burning of college Republican newspapers, or harassment of conservative student groups.

Harassment of Republican newspapers and Conservative student groups? I think you're taking a VERY small number of incidents and turning them into the majority. There is a Republican group here at the college, they are given the same amount of right and space every beginning of each semester to show people why they should join their club.

Again, what you have is what you read in your biased papers, I live it. If you want to keep YOUR delusions, be my guest.

Colleges embrace free speech. I've taken more than a few classes already that involve politics in one way or another, and the professors never tried to impart their political ideology onto us.

So don't try and piss on me and tell me that it's rain. You have no idea what goes on college campuses, so don't try and tell me what goes on.

Arguing with a pissant like the Cesspit is like arguing with a brick wall, although the brick wall would make more sense..

Ask the fat-fuck, trailer trash for a link to its figures. It won't show you....trust me..

I'm getting an image of what you're like in real life.

4423152179_4d6a4682a1_o.jpg

So, whatever you say, Henery Hawk. Knock yourself out.

I don't agree with Dogbert very often on political matters, but he's never told me to shut up.

Perhaps it has less to do with your ideology than you think.

:cool:

Exactly. I don't tell people to shut up because they disagree with me. I'm telling her to shut up for her own sake because she keeps talking about me as if she knows me, where she doesn't clearly doesn't.

But she just doesn't get it Radio, but thanks for trying.

Forum List

Back