Pit bulls are safe around children!

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

The pitbull is a favorite of gang bangers, drug dealers, outlaw bikers, etc. They like the breed and intentionally make them aggressive and encourage it. They will, for example, throw a cat in their yard and encourage the dog to kill, which is one of the problems of the breed's reputation. And like I said, the breed was bred to be aggressive toward other dogs.

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

The pitbull is a favorite of gang bangers, drug dealers, outlaw bikers, etc. They like the breed and intentionally make them aggressive and encourage it. They will, for example, throw a cat in their yard and encourage the dog to kill, which is one of the problems of the breed's reputation. And like I said, the breed was bred to be aggressive toward other dogs.

Most people do not know that pits were specifically bred to be people friendly due to the rival dogs owner needing to check the dog for poisons on the fur prior to a fight. Matter of fact the breed is not suggested to be a guard dog because they are so people friendly.

Certain breeds are easier to socialize than others, and require more from the owner. My daughter has a pit, and it is the most loving, docile dog I have ever known. He was once attacked at a dog park (by a greyhound-looking dog), and did not even fight back. He sustained some fairly deep cuts on his neck and ear, but he never attacked back. So much for the idea of "vicious".

I have had, and been around, numerous breeds over the years. The most difficult dog to control, that I have ever owned, was a rescued Walker coonhound. She was a sweet girl, but she certainly had her own mind and her own agenda.

You will be singing another turn when it, for no reason, goes berserk one day and tears off the face of one of your grandchildren.

When? not 'If'? lmao

There are an average of 12 fatal dog attacks per year.

By comparison: CPSC Warns: Pools Are Not the Only Drowning Danger at Home for Kids - Data Show Other Hazards Cause More than 100 Residential Child Drowning Deaths Annually | CPSC.gov

"Young children are irresistibly drawn to water, and tragically, about 350 children under age 5 drown in swimming pools each year. But even if you don't have a pool, your young children may not be safe from drowning. At next month's World Congress on Drowning, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) presented data showing that about one-third as many children (an average of about 115 annually) drown from other hazards around the home as do in pools. CPSC has received reports of 459 young children who drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, hot tubs and other containers of water in a 4-year period between 1996 and 1999."

Almost 10 times as many children drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, ect, as the total number of adults and children who died from dog attacks.

But you want to murder an entire breed because of a dozen individuals? lol

This is something like the stupidist argument I ever heard. The parent has complete ability to oversee and insure that his or her child will not be harmed by water: all you have to do is supervise them. The water is not going to strike out and kill your child. When a dog attacks your child, you have little to no ability help your child. Why would a responsible parent kept a potentially deadly weapon in the house, one that can go off without warning and kill the child? A swimming pool is not going to attack your child. A dog may well do so.

I don't want to murder the dogs. I want every single one to be sterilized and any further breeding stopped. It won't take long for them to become extinct. They are already banned in several countries.

Last edited:
You will be singing another turn when it, for no reason, goes berserk one day and tears off the face of one of your grandchildren.

When? not 'If'? lmao

There are an average of 12 fatal dog attacks per year.

By comparison: CPSC Warns: Pools Are Not the Only Drowning Danger at Home for Kids - Data Show Other Hazards Cause More than 100 Residential Child Drowning Deaths Annually | CPSC.gov

"Young children are irresistibly drawn to water, and tragically, about 350 children under age 5 drown in swimming pools each year. But even if you don't have a pool, your young children may not be safe from drowning. At next month's World Congress on Drowning, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) presented data showing that about one-third as many children (an average of about 115 annually) drown from other hazards around the home as do in pools. CPSC has received reports of 459 young children who drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, hot tubs and other containers of water in a 4-year period between 1996 and 1999."

Almost 10 times as many children drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, ect, as the total number of adults and children who died from dog attacks.

But you want to murder an entire breed because of a dozen individuals? lol

This is something like the stupidist argument I ever heard. The parent has complete ability to oversee and insure that his or her child will not be harmed by water: all you have to do is supervise them. The water is not going to strike out and kill your child. When a dog attacks your child, you have little to no ability help your child. Why would a responsible parent kept a potentially deadly weapon in the house, one that can go off without warning and kill the child? A swimming pool is not going to attack your child. A dog may well do so.

I don't want to murder the dogs. I want every single one to be sterilized and any further breeding stopped. It won't take long for them to become extinct. They are already banned in several countries.

You quote a statistic that would require knowing how many pitbulls live in the US, and ignore that there is no way to know this, and you have the gall to call my comments stupid?

Perhaps YOU would shy away if a dog attacked your child, but I assure you that I would not.

Considering the obvious difficulty in identifying pits, what you want to happen would result in the extinction of several breeds. And all because of media induced hysteria, bad information, and an inability to identify a breed of dog. Nice. lol

I would hazard a guess, less pits than other breeds as so many places ban them now.
There are over 300 breeds of dogs. Of the dog attacks that occur in the US and end in death, 62% are attacks by pit bulls. One breed out of 300 breeds causing 62% of all deaths. And you still believe they are a safe dog to have, especially to have around children? Most deaths that occur from dog attacks are of the elderly or children. One breed out of 300+ breeds. Think about it.

The World Canine Organization is best known by its French title Fédération Cynologique Internationale which is abbreviated FCI. It is the largest registry of dog breeds that is internationally accepted. At the time of this writing the FCI recognizes 339 breeds of dogs which are divided into 10 groups based upon the dog’s purpose or function or upon its appearance or size.
How Many Breeds of Dogs Are There in the World? | Psychology Today

Repeating nonsense does not make it true.

Please tell us the source of how many pitbulls there are in the US?? The CDC has stated that the is no reputable source for the number of dogs in general, to say nothing of that number broken down by breeds.

And please tell us what expert identified the dog as a pitbull? As has been shown numerous times, people are notoriously bad at identifying dog breeds, and the media attention to the pitbulls makes them a likely scapegoat.

Last edited:
The only problem with pits is that if you are a uneducated or bad owner you will be exposed as such. Anyone that thinks owning a pit bull is for cowards just exposed themselves as being a coward. In my estimation pitbulls are the best dogs to get for children. They were once known as the nanny dogs. I wonder how they got that title if the breed is dangerous?

Wow, you are a fucking idiot! I cant believe even your stupid ass would say such a moronic thing. :lol:

Having a friend that rescues and is active, even goes around setting up no cage shelters, had always believed it was the owner that caused problems with pitts. Even did radio shows proclaiming such. Had a friend in the same line of work. Dog pure bred, raised from 6 wks, would come to visit. Ended up attacking her one day out of the blue. She loves dogs more than people. She changed her tune after 60 stitches to her leg.

Having a friend that rescues and is active, even goes around setting up no cage shelters, had always believed it was the owner that caused problems with pitts. Even did radio shows proclaiming such. Had a friend in the same line of work. Dog pure bred, raised from 6 wks, would come to visit. Ended up attacking her one day out of the blue. She loves dogs more than people. She changed her tune after 60 stitches to her leg.

That was her first mistake or she did not take that train of thought far enough. Dogs have whats called a temperament. This temperament is usually kept in check by breeding dogs with good temperament to each other and culling the bad ones. If a dog is born with a bad temperament then that dog is mentally unstable. Due to the popularity of the breed many people are breeding the dogs without checking temperament. No dog attacks you out of the blue. Something set it off. Just because you dont know what it was only points to the fact you should not be working with dogs if you dont know enough about them

The TRUTH About Pit Bulls: The Nanny Dog Myth Revealed

this website dispels that myth, going back to the 18th century in literature that shows the pit was known for its ferocity. Has books, page numbers, etc. Listed.

Most people do not know that pits were specifically bred to be people friendly due to the rival dogs owner needing to check the dog for poisons on the fur prior to a fight. Matter of fact the breed is not suggested to be a guard dog because they are so people friendly.

That was her first mistake or she did not take that train of thought far enough. Dogs have whats called a temperament. This temperament is usually kept in check by breeding dogs with good temperament to each other and culling the bad ones. If a dog is born with a bad temperament then that dog is mentally unstable. Due to the popularity of the breed many people are breeding the dogs without checking temperament. No dog attacks you out of the blue. Something set it off. Just because you dont know what it was only points to the fact you should not be working with dogs if you dont know enough about them
She walked from her house half way to her vehicle, that was it. And she has a great working knowledge of dogs, even if you don't think so. I hope and pray you don't have to one day eat your words. And most importantly, a loved one doesn't have to.

Not a dog person myself so I'll only wade in far enough to give 2 cents on what I know about pit bulls. The ones I've been around made me pretty nervous. Very unpredictable. Don't know enough to know if that's natural or if that's down to how they're raised, but these 2 were very restless. Always moving.

A*pit bull*attacked and*killed*a 7-month-old baby boy Sunday in Dayton, Ohio, police said.
Police: Dog attacks, kills baby in Ohio | www.whio.com
and another

From your link:

"Records at the Montgomery County Animal Resource Center show an American Staffordshire Terrier, which resembles a pit bull, is registered at the address."

So it was NOT a pitbull. The news media has no problem reporting it as such, even when their own article clarifies that it was not a pitbull.

This actually adds proof to my point about errors in identifying dog breeds.

The chumps who own these murderous beasts never get what they got coming when one goes off on somebody. Earlier I showed a pic of a pretty woman attacked and permanently disfigured by a Pit "who'd never displayed any aggression". The owner wasn't charged with a crime. Do that to a woman jogging past your house with a chainsaw and you'll get life in the Big House. All I say is if these tiny-dick COWARDS want to house and feed such an animal, let them be criminally responsible for what it does if it gets loose.

Last edited:
I could easily post more showing attacks. We will have to agree to disagree on this topic. The breed is volatile. And for anyone to have it around children is not thinking of the children. And as I said before in this thread, I hope you never have to live to see yourself or anyone you know attacked.

Forum List

Back