Pit bulls are safe around children!

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

When I tell people I don't want pitbulls in my area and won't allow my kids to go to a home with a pitbull they always call me ignorant and don't understand it's the people who raise the dog not the dog itself.

Then you hear of an attack and the same excuse is stated by the owner, "He never did anything like this before, he is such a nice dog and loves people."

My wife's friend had a pitbull and my wife refused to go over their. They have a little girl. The dog and her were inseparable. When man of the house was grilling steaks and brought the steaks in house, the dog was going nutz because of the smell. when the little girl went up to pet the dog, he turned and bite her on shoulder, just missing her face. He torn a muscle, dislocated the shoulder and he she has major joint problems.

Pitt bulls should be kept away from small children. I know this may seem unfair to the many Pitt bulls that harm no one. However, Pitt bulls are bred to be compact killing machines. If a beagle unpredictably snaps a attacks a child there is usually little harm that a band-aid and a hug and kiss from mom will not fix. When a Pitt bull snaps and attacks a child it can often mean death to the child.

Also, small children often do stupid things that might provoke an animal.

Finally, someone addresses the actual hazards. Thank you.

Oh, I see. It's the victim's fault. And women who get raped deserve it because of the way they dress, act, or where they go alone any time of day or night.

Yeah. Right. It is the fault of the victim.

First of all, reread what BobPlumb said. The point was not that he blamed the victim. He pointed out that the characteristics of a pitbull.

Second of all, the incidence of fatalities from dog bites is exceedingly rare. You are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be killed by a dog.

One note: I feel for the mother and it's hard to pick on her, but it wasn't too bright to leave your 4 yr old outside by himself. Even if the dogs weren't there and even worse when they were there.

I can't imagine how she is going to live with that. I feel for her.

Bears and tigers are wild animals.

Pitbulls are domesticated, and the ones that become aggressive were trained to be that way through abuse and fear from bad owners.

Definitely apples and oranges, Godboy. Pitbulls raise with love and affection are incredibly loyal, loving, sweet, playful, and smart. If you raise them well, they will love you. I love it when they tuck their little butts in and dash around to play. :D

Probably half of the attacks are by owners who treat the dog great and are loving!

There are over 300 breeds of dogs. Of the dog attacks that occur in the US and end in death, 62% are attacks by pit bulls. One breed out of 300 breeds causing 62% of all deaths. And you still believe they are a safe dog to have, especially to have around children? Most deaths that occur from dog attacks are of the elderly or children. One breed out of 300+ breeds. Think about it.

How Many Breeds of Dogs Are There in the World? | Psychology Today

Repeating nonsense does not make it true.

Please tell us the source of how many pitbulls there are in the US?? The CDC has stated that the is no reputable source for the number of dogs in general, to say nothing of that number broken down by breeds.

And please tell us what expert identified the dog as a pitbull? As has been shown numerous times, people are notoriously bad at identifying dog breeds, and the media attention to the pitbulls makes them a likely scapegoat.

You are the one repeating nonsense. Why would anyone in their right mind defend these dogs? They kill children and the elderly. They attack other adults as well. There are over 300 other breeds to choose from. Why on Earth do we need these dogs at all? They need to be eliminated. They serve no useful purpose. Only pathetic people who for some incomprehensible reason want to defend these dogs say they can't be identified. The number of pit bulls is estimated, like any other dog breed, so your argument there is ludicrous. The fact they are identifiable is obvious. It's the argument of the desperate who say they are confused with other breeds.

This is no different than those who defend the proliferation of guns in America. Every time there is a massacre, rational people say we need gun control. All the gun nuts say we don't. Every time a pit bull kills a child or elderly person, rational people say we need to get rid of pit bulls, while pit bull nuts say they are sweet and gentle animals.

I challenged the statistics presented because there is no way to know how many dogs there are in the US, let alone how many of a specific breed. If you can provide a source for the number of pitbulls in the US, the statistics you quoted might be accurate. Although you would still have to deal with the documented slant against pitbulls and the very common inaccuracies in identifying them.

Between 1979 & 1980, Great Danes were responsible for the most dog bite related fatalities. "ince 1975, dogs belonging to more than 30 breeds have been responsible for fatal attacks on people, including Dachshunds, a Yorkshire Terrier, and a Labrador Retriever.” Pit Bulls by the Numbers : StubbyDog

How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

The vast majority of pit bulls are harmless, and will not bite children.

Harmless? None are harmless! I would stay most have responsible owners, who don't allow their dogs to attack people. That is the major difference.

Certain breeds of dogs are more aggressive than others. That being said, not all dogs in the same breed exhibit all of the same tendencies. Some are gentle; some are aggressive.

Certain breeds of dogs are more aggressive than others. That being said, not all dogs in the same breed exhibit all of the same tendencies. Some are gentle; some are aggressive.

Pitbulls are not even close to the top of the list of aggressive dog breeds. They don't even make the top 10 in dog bites.

What separates the pitbull (and others in the pit group) is jaw strength and a very high pain threshold. This means when they do attack, the damages tend to be much greater.

Harmless? None are harmless! I would stay most have responsible owners, who don't allow their dogs to attack people. That is the major difference.

Certain breeds are easier to socialize than others, and require more from the owner. My daughter has a pit, and it is the most loving, docile dog I have ever known. He was once attacked at a dog park (by a greyhound-looking dog), and did not even fight back. He sustained some fairly deep cuts on his neck and ear, but he never attacked back. So much for the idea of "vicious".

I have had, and been around, numerous breeds over the years. The most difficult dog to control, that I have ever owned, was a rescued Walker coonhound. She was a sweet girl, but she certainly had her own mind and her own agenda.

Pitbulls are not even close to the top of the list of aggressive dog breeds. They don't even make the top 10 in dog bites.

What separates the pitbull (and others in the pit group) is jaw strength and a very high pain threshold. This means when they do attack, the damages tend to be much greater.

Absolute nonsense! Sixty-two percent of all deaths related to dog attacks are attributed to pit bulls. Not aggressive? You really need to be honest about this subject. Why on Earth would any reasonable human being defend these dogs? It boggles the mind.

Certain breeds are easier to socialize than others, and require more from the owner. My daughter has a pit, and it is the most loving, docile dog I have ever known. He was once attacked at a dog park (by a greyhound-looking dog), and did not even fight back. He sustained some fairly deep cuts on his neck and ear, but he never attacked back. So much for the idea of "vicious".

I have had, and been around, numerous breeds over the years. The most difficult dog to control, that I have ever owned, was a rescued Walker coonhound. She was a sweet girl, but she certainly had her own mind and her own agenda.

You will be singing another turn when it, for no reason, goes berserk one day and tears off the face of one of your grandchildren.

Absolute nonsense! Sixty-two percent of all deaths related to dog attacks are attributed to pit bulls. Not aggressive? You really need to be honest about this subject. Why on Earth would any reasonable human being defend these dogs? It boggles the mind.

I would love to see the source of your numbers. Any identification of a dog as a pit is suspect due to the media's slanted views. This has been documented.

I am really honest about the subject. You are the one quoting statistics that claim to know how many pitbulls there are in the US. And yet the CDC says there is no way to know that.

You also have no documentation concerning the training of the pits involved in the fatal attacks. Unless you can show that a significant portion of them were NOT involved or related with dog fighting and trained aggression, the numbers mean little.

Here is more actual evidence:
from: Dog Bite-Related Fatalities | Canine Research Council

"Family dogs were rarely involved

76.2% of the DBRFs in this study involved dogs that were not kept as family pets; rather they were only resident on the property. The distinction between a resident dog and a family dog[2] was first proposed years ago by NCRC Founder Karen Delise. Dogs are predisposed to form attachments with people, to become dependent on people, and to rely upon their guidance in unfamiliar situations. While it is extremely rare that dogs living as either resident dogs or as family pets ever inflict serious injuries on humans, dogs not afforded the opportunity for regular, positive interaction with people may be more likely, in situations they perceive as stressful or threatening, to behave in ways primarily to protect themselves.

Breed was not one of the factors identified

The authors report that the breed of the dog or dogs could not be reliably identified in more than 80% of cases. News accounts disagreed with each other and/or with animal control reports in a significant number of incidents, casting doubt on the reliability of breed attributions and more generally for using media reports as a primary source of data for scientific studies. In only 45 (18%) of the cases in this study could these researchers make a valid determination that the animal was a member of a distinct, recognized breed. Twenty different breeds, along with two known mixes, were identified in connection with those 45 incidents."

You will be singing another turn when it, for no reason, goes berserk one day and tears off the face of one of your grandchildren.

When? not 'If'? lmao

There are an average of 12 fatal dog attacks per year.

By comparison: CPSC Warns: Pools Are Not the Only Drowning Danger at Home for Kids - Data Show Other Hazards Cause More than 100 Residential Child Drowning Deaths Annually | CPSC.gov

"Young children are irresistibly drawn to water, and tragically, about 350 children under age 5 drown in swimming pools each year. But even if you don't have a pool, your young children may not be safe from drowning. At next month's World Congress on Drowning, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) presented data showing that about one-third as many children (an average of about 115 annually) drown from other hazards around the home as do in pools. CPSC has received reports of 459 young children who drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, hot tubs and other containers of water in a 4-year period between 1996 and 1999."

Almost 10 times as many children drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, ect, as the total number of adults and children who died from dog attacks.

But you want to murder an entire breed because of a dozen individuals? lol

When they break bad...the group can injure. Still if I had my choice about what to attack me....I would prefer any number of breeds to a pit bull. A fort, Madrid, or German shepherd would scare me much more than a pit bull.

When they break bad...the group can injure. Still if I had my choice about what to attack me....I would prefer any number of breeds to a pit bull. A fort, Madrid, or German shepherd would scare me much more than a pit bull.

Agreed.

I've lived with pitbulls and, if they're raised with love, they are the most loving animals out there.

They're not evil, but misunderstood. It is the owner who abuses the dogs that is to blame here.

Same ol BULLSHIT...this woman was out for a jog when a "big baby" Pit lit into her....

Joggerattackedbypitbulls_zps97b8d844.jpg

This is the REALITY of Pitbulls. Start charging the owners with felonious assault when this happens. :doubt:

COWARDS own pitbulls....simple as that. They talk the talk but want a weapon on a leash to back it up.

I've had 3 pitbulls, two I raised as pups, male and female, both mild mannered. One male adopted from a friend who moved to apartment, no dogs allowed, so I knew the dog's temperament. This pit got along fine with my other male and all children and guests. I've also had two dobermans, one male, one female. The female dobie seemed a little aggressive and a guard dog trainer I knew wanted her for her instincts so I gave her up. This all over a period of almost forty years. All my dogs were good with children and all that although the pit's aggressiveness is usually towards other dogs and sometimes cats. I didn't have that problem. I've even seen pitbulls walk with neighbor kids to school. Just my experience anyway.

The only problem with pits is that if you are a uneducated or bad owner you will be exposed as such. Anyone that thinks owning a pit bull is for cowards just exposed themselves as being a coward. In my estimation pitbulls are the best dogs to get for children. They were once known as the nanny dogs. I wonder how they got that title if the breed is dangerous?

Last edited:
The only problem with pits is that if you are a uneducated or bad owner you will be exposed as such. Anyone that thinks owning a pit bull is for cowards just exposed themselves as being a coward.

The gutless little wigger bitch shows up mouthing off, backing up nothing. :eusa_whistle:

Apparently you appear to be the gutless one. Let me guess. I bet you believe pits can lock their jaws? :lol:

Forum List

Back