Pit bulls are safe around children!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Godboy, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,339
    How many times are we going to see these stories of people being mauled by pit bulls? You always hear the same thing from pit bull enthusiasts, "it depends on how they are raised. My pit bull is as gentle as can be!". Its funny how the owners of the pit bulls that attack people always say "I cant believe it, my pit bulls played with my children." Well guess what, this kid was around these pit bulls before without incident, then suddenly one day these "peaceful" dogs killed a child and mauled his pregnant mother.

These dogs are ticking time bombs, therefore they aren't fit for domestication. They should be outlawed!

Police identify boy, 4, killed in dog attack

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,484
    I'll be glad when our dog is dead. He's a mutt with just enough Chow to give him that attitude.

Pit Bulls are an abomination of canine cross-breading.

3. Silhouette

Silhouette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,502
    I think the breed originated as war dogs, bred to attack and kill humans. Certainly the Germans developed a couple of those breeds as did many other cultures. My friend had a doberman who are unpredictable in the same way. The family praised the creature, a female who basically was easy going if weird. Then one day for no apparent reason the dog up and viciously attacked my friend. They had to give it away or put it down. If forget. It was a long time ago.

4. Wake

Wake Easygoing Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    I've lived with pitbulls and, if they're raised with love, they are the most loving animals out there.

They're not evil, but misunderstood. It is the owner who abuses the dogs that is to blame here.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,339
    You cant claim abuse, with zero evidence to support the claim.

This is exactly what im talking about. This post is what every owner says before his dog mauls someone, then when they attack they are so shocked, despite the fact that they are notorious for doing so.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. Wake

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    Have you owned pitbulls, Godboy?

I have a lot of experience and knowledge about them, and am interested in breeding purebreds in the future. I can certainly claim abuse, and the way some of these dogs are raised. Did you know that some people put very heavy weights around their necks in order to toughen them up? Or that they get treated badly by some so that they become aggressive and good guard dogs?

There's a difference between a loving puppy raised well, and a dog that's been trained to be vicious. Personally I don't think you know know enough about pitbulls in order to really discuss the issue. I don't mean that as an insult. Having spent most of my life around the dogs, and also knowing those that were trained to be aggressive, I find it very naive of you to say they're something they aren't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,339
    Remember that guy who thought bears were safe? He was playing with them out in the wild, until one of them killed him. Ive seen people who owned tigers, but that doesn't mean it should be allowed either. Pit bulls, much like tigers and bears, are dangerous animals. Sure they might be capable of showing love for a human that raises them, but it also might fucking snap one day and kill someone, perhaps even its owner. People like you make this world more dangerous with your naïve talk about how safe pit bulls are.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  8. Wake

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,034
    Bears and tigers are wild animals.

Pitbulls are domesticated, and the ones that become aggressive were trained to be that way through abuse and fear from bad owners.

Definitely apples and oranges, Godboy. Pitbulls raise with love and affection are incredibly loyal, loving, sweet, playful, and smart. If you raise them well, they will love you. I love it when they tuck their little butts in and dash around to play. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Godboy

Godboy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,339
    If they are so safe, why is it that every time we hear about a toddler being mauled to death, a pit bull is always involved?

10. Synthaholic

Synthaholic Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Kicking PoliticalChic's ass up & down the forum
    Ratings:
    +10,468
    True dat!

• Agree Agree x 2