Pit bulls are safe around children!

The chumps who own these murderous beasts never get what they got coming when one goes off on somebody. Earlier I showed a pic of a pretty woman attacked and permanently disfigured by a Pit "who'd never displayed any aggression". The owner wasn't charged with a crime. Do that to a woman jogging past your house with a chainsaw and you'll let life in the Big House. All I say is if these tiny-dick COWARDS want to house and feed such an animal, let them be criminally responsible for what it does if it gets loose.

Yes, owners should be held criminally responsible for vicious dog attacks.

When? not 'If'? lmao

There are an average of 12 fatal dog attacks per year.

By comparison: CPSC Warns: Pools Are Not the Only Drowning Danger at Home for Kids - Data Show Other Hazards Cause More than 100 Residential Child Drowning Deaths Annually | CPSC.gov

"Young children are irresistibly drawn to water, and tragically, about 350 children under age 5 drown in swimming pools each year. But even if you don't have a pool, your young children may not be safe from drowning. At next month's World Congress on Drowning, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) presented data showing that about one-third as many children (an average of about 115 annually) drown from other hazards around the home as do in pools. CPSC has received reports of 459 young children who drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, hot tubs and other containers of water in a 4-year period between 1996 and 1999."

Almost 10 times as many children drowned in bathtubs, buckets, toilets, spas, ect, as the total number of adults and children who died from dog attacks.

But you want to murder an entire breed because of a dozen individuals? lol

This is something like the stupidist argument I ever heard. The parent has complete ability to oversee and insure that his or her child will not be harmed by water: all you have to do is supervise them. The water is not going to strike out and kill your child. When a dog attacks your child, you have little to no ability help your child. Why would a responsible parent kept a potentially deadly weapon in the house, one that can go off without warning and kill the child? A swimming pool is not going to attack your child. A dog may well do so.

I don't want to murder the dogs. I want every single one to be sterilized and any further breeding stopped. It won't take long for them to become extinct. They are already banned in several countries.

You quote a statistic that would require knowing how many pitbulls live in the US, and ignore that there is no way to know this, and you have the gall to call my comments stupid?

Perhaps YOU would shy away if a dog attacked your child, but I assure you that I would not.

Considering the obvious difficulty in identifying pits, what you want to happen would result in the extinction of several breeds. And all because of media induced hysteria, bad information, and an inability to identify a breed of dog. Nice. lol

There is no way to know how many of any dog there is in the US. It is an estimate that is made about all dog breeds, all cats, all cattle, etc. Stop trying to pretend it is stupid to quote the statiistic. You are intellectually dishonest.

Genetic testing can be done. Every dog that is identified as a pit bull would then be sterilzed. To hide your pit bull from authorities would be a crime. They need to be made extinct. You can defend them until your last breath: it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of dog attacks that end in death are done by pit bulls. It doesn't change the fact they are vicious and deadly.

Last edited:
I could easily post more showing attacks. We will have to agree to disagree on this topic. The breed is volatile. And for anyone to have it around children is not thinking of the children. And as I said before in this thread, I hope you never have to live to see yourself or anyone you know attacked.

Any dog can be volatile. You can post as much as you want to but you cant prove the dogs are pit bulls. You dont have to hope. Ive raised 3 kids with pit bulls. 1 has saved my oldest from serious injury from another dog breed and another nailed someone breaking into my home when I was not there. The thing is that all of them would give their lives to protect my children.

In looking at fatal dog attacks, I found mention in a few places (no link) of a dachshund killing an infant. I know that dachshunds show far more aggression than pits do.

Also, the CDC recommends that infants and small children never be left alone with any breed.

So what? You've seen the statistics and the percentage of which breed is involved in the majority of fatal attacks. Nobody is denying other breeds are also dangerous. I was on a L.R.R.P. team in the RVN. We took a K9 on certain ops to silence the odd sentry. I doubt anybody in this thread has seen a fatal dog attack. I've seen 3 or 4 and there is nothing cool about it....a 110 pound German Shepherd hitting a 130 pound Vietnamese in the throat is ugly. And quick. Fact of the matter is, the Pit ENJOYS fighting....they wag their tails while they're attacking. You can disavow what they can become in the blink of an eye all day long...it means nothing to those attacked and those who've had to bury a loved one for no reason other than some punk wanted to intimidate those around him. I'd agree with sterilizing every adult Pit in the world to wipe them out....but it will never happen.

This is something like the stupidist argument I ever heard. The parent has complete ability to oversee and insure that his or her child will not be harmed by water: all you have to do is supervise them. The water is not going to strike out and kill your child. When a dog attacks your child, you have little to no ability help your child. Why would a responsible parent kept a potentially deadly weapon in the house, one that can go off without warning and kill the child? A swimming pool is not going to attack your child. A dog may well do so.

I don't want to murder the dogs. I want every single one to be sterilized and any further breeding stopped. It won't take long for them to become extinct. They are already banned in several countries.

You quote a statistic that would require knowing how many pitbulls live in the US, and ignore that there is no way to know this, and you have the gall to call my comments stupid?

Perhaps YOU would shy away if a dog attacked your child, but I assure you that I would not.

Considering the obvious difficulty in identifying pits, what you want to happen would result in the extinction of several breeds. And all because of media induced hysteria, bad information, and an inability to identify a breed of dog. Nice. lol

There is no way to know how many of any dog there is in the US. It is an estimate that is made about all dog breeds, all cats, all cattle, etc. Stop trying to pretend it is stupid to quote the statiistic. You are intellectually dishonest.

Genetic testing can be done. Every dog that is identified as a pit bull would then be sterilzed. To hide your pit bull from authorities would be a crime. They need to be made extinct. You can defend them until your last breath: it doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of dog attacks that end in death are done by pit bulls. It doesn't change the fact they are vicious and deadly.

Yes, it is an estimation concerning how many dogs and how many of those are a certain breed. And given how common it is for pits to be blamed for the actions of other breeds, that guess is ridiculous.

You posted the statistic as fact, when there is no way to determine how many pits there are in the US or even how many dogs there are. THAT is intellectually dishonest.

Someone posted an article with the headline proclaiming that a pit killed a child. But within their own article the news people ignored the fact that an American Staffordshire lived there. That provides far more evidence towards my point than your "guesstimated" statistics do. And the fact that you continue to defend those stats shows even more intellectual dishonesty.

So what? You've seen the statistics and the percentage of which breed is involved in the majority of fatal attacks. Nobody is denying other breeds are also dangerous. I was on a L.R.R.P. team in the RVN. We took a K9 on certain ops to silence the odd sentry. I doubt anybody in this thread has seen a fatal dog attack. I've seen 3 or 4 and there is nothing cool about it....a 110 pound German Shepherd hitting a 130 pound Vietnamese in the throat is ugly. And quick. Fact of the matter is, the Pit ENJOYS fighting....they wag their tails while they're attacking. You can disavow what they can become in the blink of an eye all day long...it means nothing to those attacked and those who've had to bury a loved one for no reason other than some punk wanted to intimidate those around him. I'd agree with sterilizing every adult Pit in the world to wipe them out....but it will never happen.

Youre and idiot as well as a liar. Pull you head out of your ass chump. The majority of Pits like fighting other dogs not killing humans. From what I've seen they only like to fight once they get into one. After that they will look to fight. German Shepherds, though originally bred for sheep herding, are guard dogs. They and certain other dogs are meant to attack humans. Your story would be more believable if the police used pits instead of other breeds of dogs.

Last edited:

Considering how often the dogs identified as pits turn out to be other breeds, no I am not going to join in the frenzy based on bad science and poor research.

I have seen statistics that could only be accurate if the indentification was solid and there was some way to know how many dogs (and how many are pits) live in the US.

But if we allow "guesses" for numbers, I would hazard a guess that there are tens of thousands of pitbulls in the US. Shall we say 50,000? This would, of course, include the many, many pits that have been trained to fight.

And yet there are between 12 and 16 fatal dog attacks annually. If there are 50k pits in the US and all the fatal dog attacks were by pits, then between 0.032% and 0.024% of pits have been involved in a fatality. Wow, what horrific numbers.

No infant or toddler should EVER be left alone with a dog. There is not a breed out there that is incapable of attacking, if the proper stimulus is applied.

Prosecute those who train pits to fight and prosecute parents who leave their children alone with dogs.

Last edited:

So says the person who wants invented statistics to count.

Uh huh.....we're all in a CONSPIRACY to deprive you of your killer on a leash, right? :cuckoo: The figures are in. Responsible communities are saying enough is enough and demanding the breed be banned. I'm not for banning anything because I disagree with it. That's why I'm no "progressive". And I know banning something always results in a black market for it. And not all Pits are vicious, but each one can be and that's the issue. They're a breed you simply can't trust. There are other breeds like that....most of the German breeds in particular. I wouldn't trust a Rotty around a stranger...or a Dobie. Why do folks want these breeds around? Hell, buy a pistol and train with it. That way in the law's eyes you've taken responsibility for your safety instead of the coward's way out.

Youre and idiot as well as a liar. Pull you head out of your ass chump. The majority of Pits like fighting other dogs not killing humans. From what I've seen they only like to fight once they get into one. After that they will look to fight. German Shepherds, though originally bred for sheep herding, are guard dogs. They and certain other dogs are meant to attack humans. Your story would be more believable if the police used pits instead of other breeds of dogs.

Ah, the ugly white boy pops up again with his usual bullshit on every topic discussed in USMB....no time for you today, Snowflake. Go pretend you're a brotha someplace else....this thread is for real people.

Ah, the ugly white boy pops up again with his usual bullshit on every topic discussed in USMB....no time for you today, Snowflake. Go pretend you're a brotha someplace else....this thread is for real people.

Why don't the police and military use Pits if they are so ferocious? Cant answer that can you?

You are pathetic.

Uh huh.....we're all in a CONSPIRACY to deprive you of your killer on a leash, right? :cuckoo: The figures are in. Responsible communities are saying enough is enough and demanding the breed be banned. I'm not for banning anything because I disagree with it. That's why I'm no "progressive". And I know banning something always results in a black market for it. And not all Pits are vicious, but each one can be and that's the issue. They're a breed you simply can't trust. There are other breeds like that....most of the German breeds in particular. I wouldn't trust a Rotty around a stranger...or a Dobie. Why do folks want these breeds around? Hell, buy a pistol and train with it. That way in the law's eyes you've taken responsibility for your safety instead of the coward's way out.

What figures?? The ones reported by the media? Even the CDC has said those are unreliable.

Pick the Pit - Can you find the Pitbull?

There is some actual information that stays away from the emotional frenzy.

And I have never expected a dog to provide for my household's safety. I do that. Having them as an alarm system works well, and even for keeping coyote away (when I lived in a very rural setting).

What figures?? The ones reported by the media? Even the CDC has said those are unreliable.

And I have never expected a dog to provide for my household's safety. I do that. Having them as an alarm system works well, and even for keeping coyote away (when I lived in a very rural setting).

I'm retired from ADT...you got the alarm system part right except Bruiser can't call the cops or fire dept. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

I'm retired from ADT...you got the alarm system part right except Bruiser can't call the cops or fire dept. :eusa_angel:

As long as they let me know, I will handle the rest.

I agree. It's like saying you can keep a bomb in your house and as long as you treat it properly, there is no problem, but if something goes wrong k-boom and someone is dead or seriously injured. The love of pitbulls is completely irrational. The breed needs to be made extinct.

I don't agree. You cannot get rid of an entire breed simply because the dog MIGHT attack. You are tarring the entire breed with the same brush. You cannot do that people, so why is it okay to do it to animals?

Because they are not people. You can't 'reason' with them. They are a very dangerous breed. The numbers don't lie.

I got it on the first pick, mainly because I used to watch The Dog Whisper. Caesar has a pitt bull that he uses to help dogs socialize with other dogs.

Bruiser wont need to. His only job is to alert and let the 12 gauge do the rest if there is anything left.

Forum List

Back