People are poor because (not what the Leftists tell you).

I don't disagree with your post but there are additional reasons for poverty:
  • Being born into a poor and/or immigrant family
  • Getting seriously ill
I was born into a poor immigrant family. The 2nd one I agree but that is a tiny minority.
This is the land of opportunity and everyone has a chance to succeed, just not an equal chance. Poor families don't have the resources to place their kids in the best schools or get them any extra tutoring or other services they may need. They also don't have the means to enable their kids to start their own businesses or buy a house. Immigrant families often down know the language or culture so are at a disadvantage in supporting their kids.

Capitalists and leftists both agree that bringing in millions of uneducated immigrants who don't speak english or share our values and have no reason to participate in civil society...somehow...will make the country more prosperous.
It's always worked in the past. That's the story of my grandparents.

And should you be born to drug addicted parents?

alcoholic parents

parents with mental issues like schizophrenia?

• Getting seriously ill
I was born into a poor immigrant family. The 2nd one I agree but that is a tiny minority.
This is the land of opportunity and everyone has a chance to succeed, just not an equal chance. Poor families don't have the resources to place their kids in the best schools or get them any extra tutoring or other services they may need. They also don't have the means to enable their kids to start their own businesses or buy a house. Immigrant families often down know the language or culture so are at a disadvantage in supporting their kids.

The military is always an option. My wife did that as she came from a poor, single mom family (dad died when she was 2).

• Getting seriously ill

Capitalists and leftists both agree that bringing in millions of uneducated immigrants who don't speak english or share our values and have no reason to participate in civil society...somehow...will make the country more prosperous.
It's always worked in the past. That's the story of my grandparents.

Sans the "share our values" part. My parents learned English and accepted all the customs of America.

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class

It has nothing to do with oppression, race, religion, etc.

Follow three simple rules and you will not be poor:

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#3) Don't become a single parent.

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

I welcome all your thoughts. Even the crazy Leftist ones.

Those 40% of children are not being born to single parents. It simply means their parents are not legally married. It doesn't mean that they don't live with their parents.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

Those 40% of children are not being born to single parents. It simply means their parents are not legally married. It doesn't mean that they don't live with their parents.

In reality #3 is don't have kids before marriage. I called it single parent not the institute.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

do $10 an hour jobs become $30 an hour jobs if I graduate from high school and don't have kids?

i

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

do $10 an hour jobs become $30 an hour jobs if I graduate from high school and don't have kids?

i
It’s much easier to be a good worker without kids.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

To an extent you are correct

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace

I am under the impression that lots of low end, low paying jobs exist.

If I graduate from high school but can't afford college
so I get a job (low paying)
I'm only going to be making 8-12 an hour
for LESS than 40 hours (by todays method)

call it 36 hours at $10.per....

360 a week.....minus 60 for taxes and crap

300 X 4 = 1200 a month

rents start at 1000....
gotta eat
lights
heat
cell phone

sounds like a whole lot of no fun!

And ya still can't afford education
so you will never rise much higher than you are
which means for your whole life you'll be making less than what you need to get married and raise a family

bleak

Last edited:
Drop out of high school

Join up with a friend to make construction paper animation

Sell to network

Get pimp rich

source.gif

as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace

A short list of the more successful startup companies from the first three quarters of 2018 alone...

unicorn-q1-3-2018.png

There has never been an easier time in history to be an entrepreneur.

And with a global market of 8 Billion people ... how can you not get rich?

A short list of the more successful startup companies from the first three quarters of 2018 alone...

unicorn-q1-3-2018.png

I’m sure those trying to rise out of poverty appreciate your suggestion

• Getting seriously ill

We have always made money off of immigrants
They tend to be more motivated than native born

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

i
You’re more mobile and your expenses are lower. So you can make more and spend less.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Join the military and they pay for college

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

You do know one Billionaire is a dropout out of H.S. ... ( Richard Branson )

So as much as education is great hard work, willingness to sacrifice and not looking for a quick way is usually the way to make your way up in this world.

Do not get me wrong Education is important but the stuff they teach today is beyond worthless...

unicorn-q1-3-2018.png

I’m sure those trying to rise out of poverty appreciate your suggestion

Actually, they won't... which is why they're in poverty.

• Getting seriously ill

We have always made money off of immigrants
They tend to be more motivated than native born
Immigrants not illegals

Forum List

Back