People are poor because (not what the Leftists tell you).

Three Simple Rules Poor Teens Should Follow to Join the Middle Class

It has nothing to do with oppression, race, religion, etc.

Follow three simple rules and you will not be poor:

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

#3) Don't become a single parent.

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

I welcome all your thoughts. Even the crazy Leftist ones.
To an extent you are correct

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace
Join the military and they pay for college
Many, many poor people join the military
Most end up in their old neighborhood with no job prospects when they get out

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

This is from the LEFT leaning Brookings Institute. One way to pay down debt and improve our budget is to reduce entitlements such as welfare and this is a start.

Today, more than 40% of American children, including more than 70% of black children and 50% of Hispanic children, are born outside marriage.

The above is ridiculous. I would even consider paying young women NOT to have kids until marriage or they can afford it to make sure they don't get on welfare and continue this cycle.

But your prospects of escaping poverty have decreased in recent decades as the compensation for HS Graduates has decreased as have career advancement opportunities in the workplace

I'm guessing that you just made that up, based on nothing but the fact it gave you a chance to put down the military and America.

Poor people are poor because asshole Dem's tax and fee and toll them to death. No I'm not done...while at the same time killing high paying jobs because (insert some stupid shit climate change 'green' liberal idiocy)

Goddamn right, that was a Dem beatdown. Now you know I hold back and exercise restraint most days. :04:
God, what a stupid post

Poor people are poor because they are taxed too much?
You can’t make this shit up

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

I'm guessing that you just made that up, based on nothing but the fact it gave you a chance to put down the military and America.
Sad, but true
The jobs and careers are not there for ex military

They used to be

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

National Coalition for Homeless Veterans

Who are homeless veterans?

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) states that the nation’s homeless veterans are predominantly male, with roughly 9% being female. The majority are single; live in urban areas; and suffer from mental illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. About 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) states that the nation’s homeless veterans are predominantly male, with roughly 9% being female. The majority are single; live in urban areas; and suffer from mental illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. About 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Naw, man... you see, funny thing.

Ideal time for a chick to have a baby is before she's 30. After 30, you end up scraping the bottom of the ovary and get Down Syndrome Tards.

So. Stay in HS until you are 18.
Stay in College until you are 22.
Spend the next few years establishing yourself in a job and a career and paying down those massive student loans.
View attachment 293036
and OH MY GOD, THE BIOLOGICAL CLOCK IS TICKING!!!!!

Now, you are young, you don't remember what a middle class looked like. It looked like Dad having a good paying union job, mom staying home until the last kid was in school... If you graduated HS, you could still get a good middle class job by joining the union...

Now we have these kids, work hard to get through college, end up with a bunch of debt, end up working at Starbucks as a Barista.... and you wonder why they listen to Commie Bernie.
Wtf are you talking about? Don’t hijack the thread. No wonder you’re childless.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Sad, but true

They used to be

Really? Cause the ex-military I know, are doing pretty well for themselves. And the number of times that it would have benefited me, to have those points....

You are just assuming what you said, because it fits with your general negativity about America, did you not?

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Inane sophistry – as naïve as it is ridiculous.

Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – a fact rightwing simpletons clearly don’t understand.
Except the Brookings Institute is Left leaning. Dumbass.

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
abortion was never meant to be used as birth control.

It's far easier and safer to take steps to not become pregnant in the first place
That’s true, but no birth control is 100% effective.

So she uses contraception and he uses contraception

And then what are the odds of getting pregnant?
Haha. Good luck trusting the guy on that.

LOL....you think a guy in the ghetto wants to be tied down with a kid and have child payments for those kids?
You're a fuken dumbass.
You are pretty dumb if you think most guys are paying those child payments. If that was the case we'd have a lot less unwed mothers.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

I'm sorry

but following those rules will NOT guarantee achieving "middle class"

you need a DECENT paying job

which you won't get if you don't have good training and education

and if EVERYONE in the country followed those rules we would STILL NEED LOW PAID employees for the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of law paying jobs that exist.

If EVERYONE in the country had an MBA or a PHD we'd have a LOT of mcdonalds workers with MBAs and PHDs....making $11.50 an hour.

we can't ALL be CEO's

somebody has to do the damned work
You are sorry and this was an actual study but you know more? Do tell.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

War is hell. You don’t have to go to war to be in the military.

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Your own link admits it is hard to count them.

abortion was never meant to be used as birth control.

It's far easier and safer to take steps to not become pregnant in the first place
That’s true, but no birth control is 100% effective.

So she uses contraception and he uses contraception

And then what are the odds of getting pregnant?
Haha. Good luck trusting the guy on that.

LOL....you think a guy in the ghetto wants to be tied down with a kid and have child payments for those kids?
You're a fuken dumbass.
You are pretty dumb if you think most guys are paying those child payments. If that was the case we'd have a lot less unwed mothers.
You mean a lot fewer?

Sad, but true

They used to be

Really? Cause the ex-military I know, are doing pretty well for themselves. And the number of times that it would have benefited me, to have those points....

You are just assuming what you said, because it fits with your general negativity about America, did you not?

Veterans Struggle to Find the Right Fit in a Tight Job Market

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

Inane sophistry – as naïve as it is ridiculous.

Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – a fact rightwing simpletons clearly don’t understand.

"Poverty is a complex issue, its causes diverse and multifaceted, with no easy solutions – "

agreed

but

however

I contend....

ONE reason we have so much poverty is because we have so many jobs BELOW the poverty level!

If you are a CEO

but all the CEO jobs are taken

and they have their buddies in all the top level exec positions so there is no place for you...

so you go to an employment agency and find the only jobs available are delivering pizzas or car parts.....

hello poverty!

#1) Graduate High School

#2) Get a job

And so the right pushes to ban abortions... states with strongest anti abortion laws have most unwed mothers. Ouch.
That would not surprise me a bit. Is it true? Would not feel pissed or slighted with a yes or no from somebody, but would rather have citation or link.

Forum List

Back