Pennsylvania voter ID law blocked for November election

Where are they paying for it? You pay for and ID or DL to drive,buy ciggs and beer,vote,get into certain places,buy a car etc etc...

Do you need to show a photo ID to go to church? Voting is a right of citizens, not a privilege.

What part of this don't you get?

So is driving a right then as well? Buying beer and ciggs without ID? Hmmm ya know some one could buy beer with no id and then drive with no id and then kill someone...yet those are rights just like voting where dead people can and have voted...there are several videos of people showing how dead people voted in New Hampshire this year...I don't care if its 1 or 100 we need to make sure only valid citizens who are alive vote. I am poor but I manage to have an ID and I have absolutely no problem showing my ID so they can make sure I am who I say I am. Again this is not about suppression its about making sure those that are allowed to vote can do so without having someone steal their name just to vote...

No, driving is a privilege which can be revoked for just about any reason. Buying cigs and a beer is not a right. At least I don't see that in the constitution. Voting is a right, with constitutional protection. I suggest you go back and reread the 14th, 15th, and especially the 24th Amendments. Nothing in our Constitution says anything about requiring a state sanctioned ID for a US Citizen to cast a ballot.

Why do you piss on the Constitution?

LMAO suppression...such a drama queen..people need to get off their ass and get a ID...It isn't that hard or expensive.

Exactly.. lefties seem flummoxed by the simplest shit... who the hell gets all uptight over an ID? The fact that getting an ID is such a big deal should tell you something is amiss.

I don't piss on it. How do YOU suggest we stop dead people and illegals and other people who aren't allowed to vote from doing it? I see nothing at all wrong with asking for ID. I can walk into any polling place in a state that doesn't ask for ID and vote even though I don't even live there and I could use someone else's name.They would never know it was me!

Oh neat, ACORN can now bring boxes of ballots to the Philadelphia prisons again ... :thup:

Voter suppression? You are such a loser! Requiring IDENTIFICATION to vote and purging the books of deceased and ineligible voters is suppression. Again you truly are a loser!

Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Ruling: Judge Halts Enforcement Of Law For Election

I don't know why the rw's are celebrating the passage of a voter suppression law because I've been hearing the opposite all day. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/240633-judge-upholds-tough-pa-voter-id-law.html

I disagree on the expensive part. No one who is a citizen of the United States should have to pay for the right to vote. Ever. I don't care if it is one cent.

Where are they paying for it? You pay for and ID or DL to drive,buy ciggs and beer,vote,get into certain places,buy a car etc etc...

Do you need to show a photo ID to go to church? Voting is a right of citizens, not a privilege.

It is a right with certain limitations, age being one for example, or conviction of a felony. The key is to apply said restriction equally. You are already asked to attest that you are who you say you are at the polling place, and sign a ledger, another restriction. Adding a requirement for a photo ID issued by a certain agency is inline with the same requirement to sign your name.

You also have to register, or if not registered, register at the time of voting, and vote with a conditonal ballot, waiting on verification of your registration.

All of these are restrictions, and legal ones.

LMAO suppression...such a drama queen..people need to get off their ass and get a ID...It isn't that hard or expensive.

Exactly.. lefties seem flummoxed by the simplest shit... who the hell gets all uptight over an ID? The fact that getting an ID is such a big deal should tell you something is amiss.

The issue isn't about identification. Many states, and even car rental agencies, accept things like utility bills. The issue is about demanding a new form of identification that a significant number of American Citizens don't currently have.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

It is a right with certain limitations, age being one for example, or conviction of a felony. The key is to apply said restriction equally. You are already asked to attest that you are who you say you are at the polling place, and sign a ledger, another restriction. Adding a requirement for a photo ID issued by a certain agency is inline with the same requirement to sign your name.

You also have to register, or if not registered, register at the time of voting, and vote with a conditonal ballot, waiting on verification of your registration.

It is an Unconstitutional limitation when it becomes a defacto poll tax. Didn't the Roberts decision regarding the healthcare mandate make clear enough for you that a mandated fee is still a tax?

As for legal restrictions, are you willing to just up and admit that the poor, the elderly, and the disabled should be treated as if they're felons?

It is an Unconstitutional limitation when it becomes a defacto poll tax. Didn't the Roberts decision regarding the healthcare mandate make clear enough for you that a mandated fee is still a tax?

As for legal restrictions, are you willing to just up and admit that the poor, the elderly, and the disabled should be treated as if they're felons?

Where is the cost that would equate a poll tax? it seems pretty easy to get one to me.

Pa. simplifies process to getting voter ID - Philly.com

The issue isn't about identification. Many states, and even car rental agencies, accept things like utility bills. The issue is about demanding a new form of identification that a significant number of American Citizens don't currently have.

Are you really this fucking stupid?

No, are you so fucking stupid that you think a significant number of Americans don't have an ID? How does one function without an ID? You can't cash a check, check out a library book, check into a hotel or drive without one.

It's a fucking asinine argument...

Where is the cost that would equate a poll tax? it seems pretty easy to get one to me.

Pa. simplifies process to getting voter ID - Philly.com

That's the argument of an abject retard... using his twisted ass logic, having to pay your own transportation cost to get to the polling place would be a poll tax.

How fucking helpless are these leftist dimwits? They can't get ID's, they can't work voting machines, they can't get health insurance, they can't live within their means, the can't pay back their student loans....

What a miserable existence.

Wow. You were actually offering someone advice for their handicapped mom based on a law written in a sifferent state.

That's fucked.
Bullshit.

And if my wallet is stolen on the way to the polls - you don't want me to vote.

Wrong, per usual

I was a PA citizen and homeowner while in the military and for 4 years after the military.. and there were special lines/queues for handicapped persons and they made accommodation for my pregnant wife at the time

And what the fuck does that even have to do with whether or not Pennsylvania grants exceptions to the voter id law based on handicap?

Do I need to prove who I say am I every time I engage in free speech, as well, or will you let me talk without having to show ID?

And idiot.. if your wallet is stolen, that is WHY YOU HAVE A FUCKING PROVISIONAL BALLOT for such weird things happening

And what's to stop an illegal voter from lying and saying their wallet was stolen and casting a provisional ballot?

As written, the law said voters who do not bring proper photo ID on Election Day can cast a provisional ballot. They would then have six days to bring in the required photo ID for their votes to count.
Pa. court rules voters can cast regular ballots without ID

Six days? And if I happen to be one of the thousands without a birth certificate and other required documentation needed to get a photo ID, and happen to be born in another state where it might takes weeks to get said birth record - you don't want me to vote.

1) Idiot, it was about his mother waiting in line for the ID
2) You don't need to prove who you are to pursue happiness either.. or to take a shit... but ONLY CITIZENS OF ADULT AGE ARE ALLOWED THE RIGHT TO VOTE... and with such a REQUIREMENT, it is not wrong to obtain or provide PROOF that you meet those requirements
3) A provisional ballot does not just get counted.. you have to follow thru with the requirements to show that you had the right to even cast that ballot
4) There is nothing preventing you from getting ID, except you... Without a birth cert, I guess you don't cash checks, work, get any govt assistance, drive, rent a place, buy anything on credit, have credit, enter a DEM convention, buy alcohol, go to a club, enroll in school, etc... and funny, my new wife had to get a birth cert expedited for our wedding from California.. TOOK 3 FUCKING DAYS INCLUDING DELIVERY CROSS COUNTRY

How fucking helpless are these leftist dimwits? They can't get ID's, they can't work voting machines, they can't get health insurance, they can't live within their means, the can't pay back their student loans....

I have no problem getting a photo ID, operating a voting machine, getting health insurance, and my student loans have long been paid back. It's not about me or other Democrats, it's about disenfranchising those Americans who are poor, elderly, and disabled who do have these sorts of problems. That's something a selfish little prick like you wouldn't understand, i.e. standing up for those who are having problems like this.

I have no problem getting a photo ID, operating a voting machine, getting health insurance, and my student loans have long been paid back. It's not about me or other Democrats, it's about disenfranchising those Americans who are poor, elderly, and disabled who do have these sorts of problems. That's something a selfish little prick like you wouldn't understand, i.e. standing up for those who are having problems like this.

Then go out there and drive them to get the ID, help them fill the form out. There is NOTHING unconsitutional about making sure a person is legally able to vote, or to use something as simple as a photo ID to verify it.

I'm glad they threw it out, I live in NJ, work in PA and will be voting once in NJ, several times in PA.... :thup:

And according to Ba-rock they need help getting dressed and setting their alarms clocks too.

Impaired leftist are impaired.

And it’s incumbent upon the state when attempting to limit a fundamental right, such as voting, to produce documented evidence justifying that limitation.

That a potential voter is at least 18 years of age can be documented, for example; or that a citizen has a felony conviction can be documented via court records.

There is no such evidence with regard to voter ‘fraud,’ however; no evidence that ‘fraud’ is occurring in such a manner or frequency as to change the outcome of a given election.

What has been documented is the virtual non-existence of voter ‘fraud.’

And it’s incumbent upon the state when attempting to limit a fundamental right, such as voting, to produce documented evidence justifying that limitation.

That a potential voter is at least 18 years of age can be documented, for example; or that a citizen has a felony conviction can be documented via court records.

There is no such evidence with regard to voter ‘fraud,’ however; no evidence that ‘fraud’ is occurring in such a manner or frequency as to change the outcome of a given election.

What has been documented is the virtual non-existence of voter ‘fraud.’

Then if there is no fraud, this will prove it, and you will be able to point it out that you were right. Until you can prevent someone from writing down an address in one town, and an address in another, and then vote twice, you will never really know if there is an issue or not.

Again, as long as the state provides a method of getting said ID for free, then the poll tax limitation is averted, and this is not really an impediment to voting.

Just remember a person can still vote using an absentee ballot, which allows the state to do a far more thourough review of elegibility as they dont have to do it in real-time.

Forum List

Back