Pennsylvania voter ID law blocked for November election

Why was my messaging or posting privileges on this thread taken away just now? I am curious big time..

And every registered voter would have been able to vote if the judge
didn't stop the voter id law...

If that were true, the Republican judge would not have stopped it.

This is the same Republican judge who originally decided in favor of the voter id law.

Then it was appealed to the majority republican state supreme court --- minus one republican judge who, as fate would have it, is currently under suspension for having her judicial staff improperly (on the state's dime) work on her 2003 and 2009 election bids. Honestly, you just can make this shit up.

The majority republican state supreme court then kicked it back down to the republican judge who originally ruled in favor of the voter id law. But this time he does a 180 and rules against it. Interesting to say the least.

My guess is, he figured there was no way Romney was going to win Pennsylvania anyway, so he decided fuck it, I'm bailing out on the shit. I don't want to be known as the judge who ruled in favor of voter suppression.

I'll bet this guy is pissed about the 180 the republican judge did.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOT1bRYdK8]Turzai: Voter ID Will Allow Romney to Win Pa. - YouTube[/ame]

I have no problem with voter ID.....However, the way they tried to rush this through for THIS election was obvious, especially considering that there are no cases of voter fraud in PA.

Don't worry GOP.....so far, it's just a stay for this election....but it buys at least a year for the poor and elderly to go out and get an ID....which as I said....I have no problem with.

561708_538231016202414_267272532_n.jpg

I have no problem with voter ID.....However, the way they tried to rush this through for THIS election was obvious, especially considering that there are no cases of voter fraud in PA.

Don't worry GOP.....so far, it's just a stay for this election....but it buys at least a year for the poor and elderly to go out and get an ID....which as I said....I have no problem with.
I agree with you. The whole problem is, this thing was rushed through, and it is obvious to anyone with a brain as to why, and no, it didn't have anything to do with voter fraud.

Republicans want to deny Americans their most fundament right.

The right to vote!
No, they want to deny identity thieves, dead people and fraud from stealing elections, and this if somehow it is that this is the case for which it has been now being accused of by the dems and the repubs, so they are just trying to make sure for all, that it isn't the case by strengthening the laws a bit more. What it did though, is raise the heads of those who may feel that they need unchecked freedom in order for fraud and stuff to then be injected somewhere somehow, because they all went to squirming like snakes when heard that America was wanting the elections to be more fair for all, and this through better requirments as needed, especially for those who are proud to be Americans, and are willing to do what is right to make these elections more honest and fair or all.

The right to vote!
No, they want to deny identity thieves, dead people and fraud from stealing elections, and this if somehow it is that this is the case for which it has been now being accused of by the dems and the repubs, so they are just trying to make sure for all, that it isn't the case by strengthening the laws a bit more. What it did though, is raise the heads of those who may feel that they need unchecked freedom in order for fraud and stuff to then be injected somewhere somehow, because they all went to squirming like snakes when heard that America was wanting the elections to be more fair for all, and this through better requirments as needed, especially for those who are proud to be Americans, and are willing to do what is right to make these elections more honest and fair or all.

Just how many elections have been "stolen"? Just curious.....you got numbers? an official impartial estimate? Educated guess? Shot in the dark?

No? Didn't think so.

The right to vote!

Yea!!!!

And that fat evil conservative douche bag Stevens too:badgrin:

Justice John Paul Stevens, in the leading opinion, stated that the burdens placed on voters are limited to a small percentage of the population, and were offset by the state's interest in reducing fraud. Stevens wrote in the majority:

"The relevant burdens here are those imposed on eligible voters who lack photo identification cards that comply with SEA 483.[2] Because Indiana’s cards are free, the inconvenience of going to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, gathering required documents, and posing for a photograph does not qualify as a substantial burden on most voters’ right to vote, or represent a significant increase over the usual burdens of voting. The severity of the somewhat heavier burden that may be placed on a limited number of persons—e.g., elderly persons born out-of-state, who may have difficulty obtaining a birth certificate—is mitigated by the fact that eligible voters without photo identification may cast provisional ballots that will be counted if they execute the required affidavit at the circuit court clerk’s office. Even assuming that the burden may not be justified as to a few voters, that conclusion is by no means sufficient to establish petitioners’ right to the relief they seek."

Crawford v. Marion County Election Board - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes:

A registered voter could show up at the polls and be turned away if no photo ID, if the law had stood. Another GOP plan gone bad....

(R) Admits Voter ID Laws About Helping Romney Win Election - YouTube

It's already been shown that illegals vote in California with voracity.

But illegal is not bad to you if it gets you what you want.

The rule of man is better than the rule of law according to you bastards.

GFY

With voracity? Oh, please do show this voracity again.

The law, by the GOP's leaders own statements, was designed specifically for voter suppression. The theory is that the liberal voters are too lazy or stupid to get the ID. By the posting of the 'Conservatives' on this board, I tend to think that law might well backfire on them.

LMAO suppression...such a drama queen..people need to get off their ass and get a ID...It isn't that hard or expensive.

I disagree on the expensive part. No one who is a citizen of the United States should have to pay for the right to vote. Ever. I don't care if it is one cent.

There is no voter suppression involved. But it's still not going to win PA for Obama. Coal workers dont really appreciate Obama targetting their jobs.

There is no voter suppression involved. But it's still not going to win PA for Obama. Coal workers dont really appreciate Obama targetting their jobs.

RCP has Obama up 8 points in PA.

You've got to be the most delusional motherfucker on the board, it's no shock at all that you're a religious nut as well.

The problem with suppressing people's right to vote is that those people remember who is trying to suppress their vote.

I actually wonder if the Republican Party will be around in 10 years.

It's already been shown that illegals vote in California with voracity.

But illegal is not bad to you if it gets you what you want.

The rule of man is better than the rule of law according to you bastards.

GFY

Yes, the GOP did have a firm illegally registering voters. Knowing how bad that would make them look, they fired them.:clap2:

Republicans fire voter registration firm owned by Romney consultant | The Raw Story

Please, California is firmly in the Obama camp and has been for some time. Illegals have nothing to do with it...Now Pennsylvania will join Ohio and Florida and....wow:eek:

Ah yes,

The ignorant speak.

California has been registering illegals for decades. Has nothing to do with Obama. It does affect local elections.

Still waiting for your proof of this happening with "voracity".

LMAO suppression...such a drama queen..people need to get off their ass and get a ID...It isn't that hard or expensive.

I disagree on the expensive part. No one who is a citizen of the United States should have to pay for the right to vote. Ever. I don't care if it is one cent.

Where are they paying for it? You pay for and ID or DL to drive,buy ciggs and beer,vote,get into certain places,buy a car etc etc...

Where are they paying for it? You pay for and ID or DL to drive,buy ciggs and beer,vote,get into certain places,buy a car etc etc...

Do you need to show a photo ID to go to church? Voting is a right of citizens, not a privilege.

What part of this don't you get?

Last edited:
The law was upheld. The judge found that there wasn't enough time between now and the election for it to apply in this election but it will in all subsequent election.

Do you need to show a photo ID to go to church? Voting is a right of citizens, not a privilege.

What part of this don't you get?

So is driving a right then as well? Buying beer and ciggs without ID? Hmmm ya know some one could buy beer with no id and then drive with no id and then kill someone...yet those are rights just like voting where dead people can and have voted...there are several videos of people showing how dead people voted in New Hampshire this year...I don't care if its 1 or 100 we need to make sure only valid citizens who are alive vote. I am poor but I manage to have an ID and I have absolutely no problem showing my ID so they can make sure I am who I say I am. Again this is not about suppression its about making sure those that are allowed to vote can do so without having someone steal their name just to vote...

Forum List

Back