Pennsylvania voter ID law blocked for November election

Zoom... as for your mom, I am sure they make accommodations for people with a handicap or injury...

Delaying this does what good? The only persons it would do good for is those who either are not eligible to vote and who are going to the polls, or activists....

My parents are (freakin' finally!) moving into a retirement place this Thursday. My mom found out that they were going to provide the means to get a photo ID there, which is terrific. I just told her she doesn't have to worry about it this time around.

I don't understand why registering to vote (at least in PA) requires nothing more than filling out a few lines on a form and mailing it in, no requirement to prove you are who you say you are. I'd like to see in-person, photo ID voter registration. Wouldn't that curb more fraud than simply presenting an ID at the voting booth?

Cool.. wish my grandmother would make that decision for herself

I too would like to see photo id voter registration...

it makes sure non citizens will vote this year. great going democrats.

Really? To vote one must be registered. County Clerks are required to verify registrations.

You're welcome, I hope you appreciate my never ending efforts to disabuse you of your many ignorant beliefs.

what prevents an illegal from registering? and what tools do country clerks use to verify?

That's what I just asked ... how do you know a person says they are who they claim to be when all they have to do is fill out a form and mail it in?

It seems to me that showing a photo-ID in person when registering to vote would stop more types of voter fraud than just showing an ID when voting.

Zoom... as for your mom, I am sure they make accommodations for people with a handicap or injury...

Delaying this does what good? The only persons it would do good for is those who either are not eligible to vote and who are going to the polls, or activists....

My parents are (freakin' finally!) moving into a retirement place this Thursday. My mom found out that they were going to provide the means to get a photo ID there, which is terrific. I just told her she doesn't have to worry about it this time around.

I don't understand why registering to vote (at least in PA) requires nothing more than filling out a few lines on a form and mailing it in, no requirement to prove you are who you say you are. I'd like to see in-person, photo ID voter registration. Wouldn't that curb more fraud than simply presenting an ID at the voting booth?

What do they ask you on the registration forms in your state? Mine I'm required to give my name, address, SS number or my DL number.

Oh, well if DiamondDave is "sure" of it then that's all the reassurance anyone needs. NEvermind what the law says.

And the people who are elgiible to vote who have no ID, but hey, we already know you and your rightie buddies don't want those folks to vote.

I can only speak from exp here in MD where they do make accommodations for those with handicaps.. and I have seen that in PA too for a person in a wheelchair as well as when my ex-wife was pregnant and transferring her license and registrations at that time

No.. I want every citizen to vote.. and to show they are who they say they are, live where they say they live, and are to be voting where they are voting... and if you have no ID, go and get one.. you know, like the one you use when you are cashing your welfare check

Oh, well if DiamondDave is "sure" of it then that's all the reassurance anyone needs. NEvermind what the law says.

And the people who are elgiible to vote who have no ID, but hey, we already know you and your rightie buddies don't want those folks to vote.

I can only speak from exp here in MD where they do make accommodations for those with handicaps..

Wow. You were actually offering someone advice for their handicapped mom based on a law written in a sifferent state.

That's fucked.
No.. I want every citizen to vote..
Bullshit.

and to show they are who they say they are, live where they say they live, and are to be voting where they are voting... and if you have no ID, go and get one.. you know, like the one you use when you are cashing your welfare check

And if my wallet is stolen on the way to the polls - you don't want me to vote.

Cool.. wish my grandmother would make that decision for herself

I too would like to see photo id voter registration...

About a retirement home? My mom had wanted and needed to go for the past 10 years. My dad is stubborn but finally realized that at 84 and 89 their health problems had gotten to the place where they simply can not remain in the house they've been in for the past 48 years. Took him several years to get one of those electric stair chairs put in. It took a lot of coaxing from all of us and some health scares to finally get him to realize that they need to move. The next few days are gonna be long! Good luck with your grandmom. Often times the situation takes care of itself. My aunt needed to be gone from her home long, long ago and refused. Health issues forced a hospital stay which lead to her going into a nursing home.

What do they ask you on the registration forms in your state? Mine I'm required to give my name, address, SS number or my DL number.

Same but just the last four of SS#.

What if someone stole a SS# and filled in the rest of the info (no pic required)? Wouldn't they get a voter registration and without any photo ID anywhere along the line they could fraudulently vote.

I can only speak from exp here in MD where they do make accommodations for those with handicaps..

Wow. You were actually offering someone advice for their handicapped mom based on a law written in a sifferent state.

That's fucked.
No.. I want every citizen to vote..
Bullshit.

and to show they are who they say they are, live where they say they live, and are to be voting where they are voting... and if you have no ID, go and get one.. you know, like the one you use when you are cashing your welfare check

Wrong, per usual

I was a PA citizen and homeowner while in the military and for 4 years after the military.. and there were special lines/queues for handicapped persons and they made accommodation for my pregnant wife at the time

Yes.. I do want every citizen to vote, with them proving they are who they say they are, live where they say they live, and are to be voting where they are voting

And idiot.. if your wallet is stolen, that is WHY YOU HAVE A FUCKING PROVISIONAL BALLOT for such weird things happening

That's fucked.
Bullshit.

Wrong, per usual

I was a PA citizen and homeowner while in the military and for 4 years after the military.. and there were special lines/queues for handicapped persons and they made accommodation for my pregnant wife at the time

And what the fuck does that even have to do with whether or not Pennsylvania grants exceptions to the voter id law based on handicap?

Yes.. I do want every citizen to vote, with them proving they are who they say they are, live where they say they live, and are to be voting where they are voting

Do I need to prove who I say am I every time I engage in free speech, as well, or will you let me talk without having to show ID?

And idiot.. if your wallet is stolen, that is WHY YOU HAVE A FUCKING PROVISIONAL BALLOT for such weird things happening

And what's to stop an illegal voter from lying and saying their wallet was stolen and casting a provisional ballot?

As written, the law said voters who do not bring proper photo ID on Election Day can cast a provisional ballot. They would then have six days to bring in the required photo ID for their votes to count.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20121002_Pa__Court_rules_voters_can_cast_ballots_without_ID.html

Six days? And if I happen to be one of the thousands without a birth certificate and other required documentation needed to get a photo ID, and happen to be born in another state where it might takes weeks to get said birth record - you don't want me to vote.

Last edited:
it makes sure non citizens will vote this year. great going democrats.

Really? To vote one must be registered. County Clerks are required to verify registrations.

You're welcome, I hope you appreciate my never ending efforts to disabuse you of your many ignorant beliefs.

what prevents an illegal from registering? and what tools do country clerks use to verify?

Nothing prevents anyone from registering.

See: Provisional Voting - Elections & Voter Information - California Secretary of State

Form the above: "First-time voters. Under federal law, a person who is voting for the first time in a federal election is required to provide proof of identification, even if their name is on the polling place roster. If the voter cannot provide proof of identification, the voter will be asked to cast a provisional ballot. The elections official will verify the voter's eligibility by comparing their signature on the provisional ballot envelope with the signature on their voter registration form and if the signatures match, then the ballot will be counted. (Elections Code sections 14310(c), 15350, and 3019.)"

"No provisional ballot is counted or precluded from being counted until the elections official goes through the detailed process to determine whether a voter's provisional ballot should be counted. (Elections Code sections 14310-14311, 15350, and 15100-15112.)" Go to this link and see "Elections Code" for more detail.

Of course this is California law and no effort to suppress the vote has been attempted here. In too many states the effort has been made by the GOP on the local level to suppress the vote of minorities and others they suspect who will vote for The President.

Last edited:
Yes. Every registered voter gets to vote if they want to. What a pisser.

Last edited:
Yes. Every registered voter gets to vote if they want to. What a pisser.

Horrifying, ain't it.

This is the way every single case of voter suppression should be handled.

I'm all in favor of an investigation and, if warranted, changes. But, pubpots made it very clear they were after D voters and THAT is unConstitutional.

Is there already a thread on the huge scandal of REPUBLICAN voter fraud that has just been outed?

That is SO typical of the pubpots - accuse the other guy of what YOU the doing. Make lots of noise to deflect attention away from your own criminal activities.

And every registered voter would have been able to vote if the judge
didn't stop the voter id law...

If that were true, the Republican judge would not have stopped it.

If someone had the correct ID would they have been allowed to vote?
I have no idea where this voter suppression idea came from.
Folks had plenty of time to get their ID's.

A registered voter could show up at the polls and be turned away if no photo ID, if the law had stood. Another GOP plan gone bad....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o32tF-S6K60](R) Admits Voter ID Laws About Helping Romney Win Election - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back