Pelosi Comments of William Jefferson

Resignation
Cunningham announced that he would resign from the House at a press conference just after entering his plea. He submitted his official resignation letter to the Clerk of the House and to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on December 6.[34]

Had Cunningham declined to resign, his role in Congress would have been very limited, as House rules do not allow members convicted of felonies to vote or participate in committee work pending an investigation by the Ethics Committee.[35] It is very likely that he would have been expelled from the House, as happened with Democrat James Traficant three years earlier. Under Republican caucus rules, he would have [not DID lose ]lost his subcommittee chairmanship.[36]

In marked contrast to his defiant stand earlier in the year, Cunningham was very contrite, sullen and overcome by emotion when he read his prepared statement announcing that he was stepping down:

"When I announced several months ago that I would not seek re-election, I publicly declared my innocence because I was not strong enough to face the truth. So, I misled my family, staff, friends, colleagues, the public—even myself. For all of this, I am deeply sorry. The truth is—I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, and most importantly, the trust of my friends and family. ... In my life, I have known great joy and great sorrow. And now I know great shame. I learned in Viet Nam that the true measure of a man is how he responds to adversity. I cannot undo what I have done. But I can atone. I am now almost 65 years old and, as I enter the twilight of my life, I intend to use the remaining time that God grants me to make amends."[37]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_%22Duke"_Cunningham

no "tossing" by republicans at all. Your post...not mine.

owned.

your claim was not that republicans did not defend cunningham...your claim was that they tossed him the minute he got busted.

quit spinning. you got owned by your own post.

They did toss him. They had nothing to do do with him and did not lift a finger to help him

Unlike Dems and Cold Cash

they did NOT toss him when he was busted as you claimed. He tossed himself when he was CONVICTED.

owned:eusa_clap:

Sure they did. They did nothing to help him and not one defended him

To bad the Dems did not do the same thing with Cold Cash

Dems even played the race card in their attempts to protect him

wow... you get kicked to the curb and while you are laying in the gutter, you proclaim how you kicked the other guy's ass. priceless.:clap2:

You have a long history of trying to convince people you won long after you lost the fight

whatever... the record here is clear.

spin away all you want.

proclaim victory all you want.

you said what you said...you cut and pasted what you did, and it proved you wrong.

sucks to be you.

whatever... the record here is clear.

spin away all you want.

proclaim victory all you want.

you said what you said...you cut and pasted what you did, and it proved you wrong.

sucks to be you.

Given how you have stepped in it over the last several weeks - it sucks tio be a loyal ass kissing Dem like you

Nothing is going your way and the news keep getting worse

Given how you have stepped in it over the last several weeks - it sucks tio be a loyal ass kissing Dem like you

Nothing is going your way and the news keep getting worse

I know of nothing I have "stepped in" over the last several weeks.

I know that I kiss no one's ass.... and that I speak my mind in my party all the time - and I know that at the county committee level, I am listened to. That is what is important to me.

I know that congressional democrats continue to be held in higher regard by the public than congressional republicans... a fact you continue to squirm away from.

I know that you continue to run away from the fact that your very own link disproved your stupid suggestion that democrats wait for convictions while republicans toss their bad boys as soon as they are busted.

I know that you have this incredible penchant to continue to proclaim victory even while lying bloody and prone from the curb-kicking you routinely get from me and most others who take the time to "debate" you.

I know of nothing I have "stepped in" over the last several weeks.

I know that I kiss no one's ass.... and that I speak my mind in my party all the time - and I know that at the county committee level, I am listened to. That is what is important to me.

I know that congressional democrats continue to be held in higher regard by the public than congressional republicans... a fact you continue to squirm away from.

I know that you continue to run away from the fact that your very own link disproved your stupid suggestion that democrats wait for convictions while republicans toss their bad boys as soon as they are busted.

I know that you have this incredible penchant to continue to proclaim victory even while lying bloody and prone from the curb-kicking you routinely get from me and most others who take the time to "debate" you.

Cold Cash is not the only Dem with ethics problems - yet it does not seem to bother you

Being Dems they will always get a pass from you

Poll numbers for Dems have been going south since Jan - no sign of a rebound yet

Dems continue to be on the wrong side of the issuses - they have to be to appease their far left base

Keep thinking you are winning MM - arrogrance and delusion are your stronger traits

Forum List

Back