Pelosi Comments of William Jefferson

funny...

RSR does this shit day in and day out but it only becomes a pissing contest when someone hands him a bowl of his own shit...

indeed, and not at all transparent.

Now we know why Cold Cash had to get to his house so quickly during Katrina relief efforts

Amid Katrina Chaos, Congressman Used National Guard to Visit Home
Two Heavy Trucks, Helicopter Were Involved in Lawmaker's Trip at Height of Crisis
By JAKE TAPPER
Sept. 13, 2005

Amid the chaos and confusion that engulfed New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina struck, a congressman used National Guard troops to check on his property and rescue his personal belongings -- even while New Orleans residents were trying to get rescued from rooftops, ABC News has learned.

On Sept. 2 -- five days after Katrina hit the Gulf Coast -- Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., who represents New Orleans and is a senior member of the powerful Ways and Means Committee, was allowed through the military blockades set up around the city to reach the Superdome, where thousands of evacuees had been taken.

Military sources tells ABC News that Jefferson, an eight-term Democratic congressman, asked the National Guard that night to take him on a tour of the flooded portions of his congressional district. A five-ton military truck and a half dozen military police were dispatched.

Lt. Col. Pete Schneider of the Louisiana National Guard tells ABC News that during the tour, Jefferson asked that the truck take him to his home on Marengo Street, in the affluent uptown neighborhood in his congressional district. According to Schneider, this was not part of Jefferson's initial request.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/HurricaneKatrina/story?id=1123495

Your point?

Cunningham was no where to be found after his tearful press conference admitting what he did

Can you list any Republicans trying to defend him - unlike some Dems who have been defending Cold Cash

my point: you claimed quite succinctly that When Republcians are busted they are tossed out - no excuses made

I showed you, in your own link, where cunningham proclaimed his innocence just like Jefferson did, he was NOT tossed when he was busted, but only "tossed" after he was convicted, and the house rules "do not allow members convicted of felonies to vote or participate in committee work pending an investigation by the Ethics Committee."

nothing about tossing anyone the minute they are busted.... they have to be convicted....
so you are a liar. period. case closed.

my point: you claimed quite succinctly that When Republcians are busted they are tossed out - no excuses made

I showed you, in your own link, where cunningham proclaimed his innocence just like Jefferson did, he was NOT tossed when he was busted, but only "tossed" after he was convicted, and the house rules "do not allow members convicted of felonies to vote or participate in committee work pending an investigation by the Ethics Committee."

nothing about tossing anyone the minute they are busted.... they have to be convicted....
so you are a liar. period. case closed.

Only in the world of MM do facts mean nothing and the DNC talking points rule

I quoted you directly. AND I highlighted your very own cut and paste that proved you wrong. no spinning, twisting or distorting was necessary.

busted.... and not even man enough to admit it.

weak.:eusa_dance:

funny...

RSR does this shit day in and day out but it only becomes a pissing contest when someone hands him a bowl of his own shit...

indeed, and not at all transparent.

Was I not clear? It's this simple ... the two of you have a pissing contest running across 3-4 threads ... the SAME pissing contest. I didn't point a finger at either of you specifically.

The only difference is that you seem to think you're going to question my decision, while RSR has not. Let it go and move on.

I quoted you directly. AND I highlighted your very own cut and paste that proved you wrong. no spinning, twisting or distorting was necessary.

busted.... and not even man enough to admit it.

weak.:eusa_dance:

Cunningham said he was going to step down during the grand jury (and weeks after the Feds radied his house)

He did not wait for the charges to be placed - as Cold Cash did

Republicans did not defend him and they cut him loose

Perhaps Dems should have did the same

however true that is, these people were elected by the people and we the people should demand better ethics of our elected leaders no matter the political affiliation.

Are you politically active in your area? Do you go out in public and help campaign for ethics reform in government?

Do you go to DC and try and speak with your congresspeople?

Everyone says "we should do this" and "we should do that" but at the end of the day, American Idol is just a little more important.

It's a piece of cake to get 50 million Americans to call in and vote for an AI contestant, but god forbid even 1% of those people got out and got active politically to try and help bring a change about in this country.

Are you politically active in your area? Do you go out in public and help campaign for ethics reform in government?

Do you go to DC and try and speak with your congresspeople?

Everyone says "we should do this" and "we should do that" but at the end of the day, American Idol is just a little more important.

It's a piece of cake to get 50 million Americans to call in and vote for an AI contestant, but god forbid even 1% of those people got out and got active politically to try and help bring a change about in this country.

I thought San Fran Nan was going to clean up Congress and "drain the swamp"

I thought San Fran Nan was going to clean up Congress and "drain the swamp"

RSR, with all due respect, you are way too deep in the paradigm of left/right.

I couldn't give 2 shits about what Pelosi says.

The only thing she seems to be sticking to is Impeachment being "off the table". I would think that would make you giddy with glee.

What did that even have to do with my post, anyway?

RSR, with all due respect, you are way too deep in the paradigm of left/right.

I couldn't give 2 shits about what Pelosi says.

The only thing she seems to be sticking to is Impeachment being "off the table". I would think that would make you giddy with glee.

What did that even have to do with my post, anyway?

I am pointing out how the Bems and the liberal media have a double standard in the reporting of wrong doing

If it is a Republican it is non stop 24/7 coverage

If it is a Dems - it is a blip on the radar screen

I was hoping the impeachment would be one of the promises Dems would keep - Pres Bush's approval numbers would go up and Dems would sink even lower then they are now

I gotta run, but we'll continue this discussion later. I enjoy this stuff.

Cunningham said he was going to step down during the grand jury (and weeks after the Feds radied his house)

He did not wait for the charges to be placed - as Cold Cash did

Republicans did not defend him and they cut him loose

Perhaps Dems should have did the same

the record is clear. your own link proves my case. Cunningham spent a significant period of time proclaiming his innocence and the republicans NEVER "tossed" him as you claimed they ALWAYS do.

Live with the fact that you misspoke and I caught you at it.

the record is clear. your own link proves my case. Cunningham spent a significant period of time proclaiming his innocence and the republicans NEVER "tossed" him as you claimed they ALWAYS do.

Live with the fact that you misspoke and I caught you at it.

When it became clear he was guilty - he was tossed

Unlike Cold Cash, where even after the $90,000 is found in his freezer, the Dems still defended him

When it became clear he was guilty - he was tossed

no. he was never "tossed"...he resigned..and he didn't do that until after he had plead guilty and the case was disposed of. Prior to that he had proclaimed his innocence. your own link detailed it.

just admit you got owned.:rofl:

no. he was never "tossed"...he resigned..and he didn't do that until after he had plead guilty and the case was disposed of. Prior to that he had proclaimed his innocence. your own link detailed it.

just admit you got owned.:rofl:

Republican dumped him

Admit you are lying to try and save little credibility your party has

Forum List

Back