Pelosi Comments of William Jefferson

Speaker Pelosi on Jefferson’s indictments:
“The charges in the indictment against Congressman Jefferson are extremely serious. While Mr. Jefferson, just as any other citizen, must be considered innocent until proven guilty, if these charges are proven true, they constitute an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power. As we have demonstrated in implementing tough ethics reforms and passing tough lobbying reforms already this year, Democrats are committed to upholding a high ethical standard and eliminating corruption and unethical behavior from the Congress.”

more empty promises from Sna Fran Nan

just because she is not swinging a noose at him like you want to see....

It will not last long as the Dems continue to push for higher taxes, have government run health care, surrender to terrorists, spend more money on government programs, attack US corporations, and have the government oversee CEO pay

that is your opinion. thanks for sharing. Why do you avoid answering the FACT that democrats are held in higher regard than republicans?

Speaker Pelosi on Jefferson’s indictments:
“The charges in the indictment against Congressman Jefferson are extremely serious. While Mr. Jefferson, just as any other citizen, must be considered innocent until proven guilty, if these charges are proven true, they constitute an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power. As we have demonstrated in implementing tough ethics reforms and passing tough lobbying reforms already this year, Democrats are committed to upholding a high ethical standard and eliminating corruption and unethical behavior from the Congress.”

more empty promises from Sna Fran Nan

you can only call them empty promises if she fails to deliver on them if and after Jefferson is found guilty.

that is your opinion. thanks for sharing. Why do you avoid answering the FACT that democrats are held in higher regard than republicans?

It is nice to see the double standard Dems have when one of their own is caught

It is nice to see the double standard Dems have when one of their own is caught

what part of "if these charges are proven true, they constitute an egregious and unacceptable abuse of public trust and power" doesnt seem to be part of your Speak and Spell toy?

180px-TI_SpeakSpell_no_shadow.jpg

seems to me that republicans who were crying about DeLay's innocence and who now condemn Jefferson without a verdict are exhibiting a double standard.

Dems were calling for Delay to leave Congress BEFORE he was charged

As far as Cold Cash Jefferson, they only have him on video taking the money, and found $90,00 in MARKED bills in his freezer

Oh for fuck's sake, there is always a double standard when it's one of their own, Democrat or Republican. For either party to argue that they are better than the other is asinine.

Oh for fuck's sake, there is always a double standard when it's one of their own, Democrat or Republican. For either party to argue that they are better than the other is asinine.

Dems have made it part of their daily lives

When Republcians are busted they are tossed out - no excuses made

bullshit. duke cunningham was not tossed when he was busted. he resigned after his guilty plea.

RSR busted!:eusa_dance:

He did even show up for work MM. House rules would not permit him to participate in committee work

I do not recall any Republicans trying to defend him (as some Dems are doing with Cold Cash)

the point is...he was not tossed from congress by the republican majority...

you claimed that When Republcians are busted they are tossed out - no excuses made

that is a flat out lie. just admit it.

the point is...he was not tossed from congress by the republican majority...

you claimed that When Republcians are busted they are tossed out - no excuses made

that is a flat out lie. just admit it.

He was tossed on the sidelines, and I do not even think he showed up in DC after the story broke

He fessed up to the charges before the story broke on ABC

show me where the republican majority leaders of the house took disciplinary action against cunningham before his guilty plea.

he was not "tossed" by anyone. he chose to stay away because HE was ashamed.

show me where the republican majority leaders of the house took disciplinary action against cunningham before his guilty plea.

he was not "tossed" by anyone. he chose to stay away because HE was ashamed.

Resignation
Cunningham announced that he would resign from the House at a press conference just after entering his plea. He submitted his official resignation letter to the Clerk of the House and to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on December 6.[34]

Had Cunningham declined to resign, his role in Congress would have been very limited, as House rules do not allow members convicted of felonies to vote or participate in committee work pending an investigation by the Ethics Committee.[35] It is very likely that he would have been expelled from the House, as happened with Democrat James Traficant three years earlier. Under Republican caucus rules, he would have lost his subcommittee chairmanship.[36]

In marked contrast to his defiant stand earlier in the year, Cunningham was very contrite, sullen and overcome by emotion when he read his prepared statement announcing that he was stepping down:

"When I announced several months ago that I would not seek re-election, I publicly declared my innocence because I was not strong enough to face the truth. So, I misled my family, staff, friends, colleagues, the public—even myself. For all of this, I am deeply sorry. The truth is—I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, and most importantly, the trust of my friends and family. ... In my life, I have known great joy and great sorrow. And now I know great shame. I learned in Viet Nam that the true measure of a man is how he responds to adversity. I cannot undo what I have done. But I can atone. I am now almost 65 years old and, as I enter the twilight of my life, I intend to use the remaining time that God grants me to make amends."[37]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_"Duke"_Cunningham

Resignation
Cunningham announced that he would resign from the House at a press conference just after entering his plea. He submitted his official resignation letter to the Clerk of the House and to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on December 6.[34]

Had Cunningham declined to resign, his role in Congress would have been very limited, as House rules do not allow members convicted of felonies to vote or participate in committee work pending an investigation by the Ethics Committee.[35] It is very likely that he would have been expelled from the House, as happened with Democrat James Traficant three years earlier. Under Republican caucus rules, he would have lost his subcommittee chairmanship.[36]

In marked contrast to his defiant stand earlier in the year, Cunningham was very contrite, sullen and overcome by emotion when he read his prepared statement announcing that he was stepping down:

"When I announced several months ago that I would not seek re-election, I publicly declared my innocence because I was not strong enough to face the truth. So, I misled my family, staff, friends, colleagues, the public—even myself. For all of this, I am deeply sorry. The truth is—I broke the law, concealed my conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, and most importantly, the trust of my friends and family. ... In my life, I have known great joy and great sorrow. And now I know great shame. I learned in Viet Nam that the true measure of a man is how he responds to adversity. I cannot undo what I have done. But I can atone. I am now almost 65 years old and, as I enter the twilight of my life, I intend to use the remaining time that God grants me to make amends."[37]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_%22Duke"_Cunningham

can you fucking READ?

can you fucking READ?

Your point?

Cunningham was no where to be found after his tearful press conference admitting what he did

Can you list any Republicans trying to defend him - unlike some Dems who have been defending Cold Cash

Forum List

Back