PBS' "God In America"

It's still like that today, just look at the creationists who want to impose their beliefs on all the school children.
Or the evolutionists who force feed school children their pseudo science of evolution as a fact and not just a theory. :doubt:

You cant compare creationists with evolutionists, evolutionists have the backing of science and TONS OF EVIDENCE :eek: creationists have...nada! Or put another way, creationists rely on a few documents which were written by people whose technology was a stone :eusa_angel:

Look at that, Newby and Sunni Man. Who says Christians and Muslims can't get along? :eusa_angel:

FWIW, I only caught part of the show. What I saw was interesting, especially the extent of the anti-Cathlic bias. I live in a part of the country that has long been majority Catholic, so the full extent of the discrimination against Catholics was an eye-opener for me.

Excuse me for butting in here, but why is Madeline or any poster on a thread discussing a television show suddenly personally accountable to you for their opinion on something completely off-topic?

Because she spits out the word "Islamophobia" (in this thread) like a bad tooth.

And that has something to do with you rudely hounding her without provocation how, exactly?

No, she asked out loud whether the PBS show would deal with "Islamophobia."

In this thread.

I then asked if American's rejecting Islam's misogyny and religious intolerance is "Islamophobia."

Sounds fair to me.

Evolution is just a "theory" and not a fact.

Even scientists refer to it as the Theory of Evolution. :doubt:

O dear.....why why why are so many religions determined to set themselves against science?

O well, I live with many others who believe as you do, Sunni Man. What's a few more?

I still say the series is worth watching. I dunno if the writers dealt with Islamophobia or not; the second part has not yet aired.

Since when is evolution proven science?

You were probably asleep for a couple of centuries or so but in fact evolution is proven to a very great extent. No scientist worth their salt denies evolution; there is no serious challenge to the fact of evolution except by religious people whose understanding of evolution is extremely flakey...:eusa_pray:

You mean PBS will tell Americans they are wrong for rejecting Islam's misogyny and intolerance of other faiths?

Well, o'course no history thingie is ever free of bias, but this program seems as straight forward as possible, Revere. The link in the Op leads you to Part One, and just listening to it is enough. Why not give it an ear and tell us if you thought it was leftist?

I just thought it was quality history programming on a timely subject.

Tell me if you reject Islam's misogyny and intolerance of other religions.

Ask me somewhere else; this "God In America" program was discussion-worthy and I'd rather not be driven off-topic.

Because she spits out the word "Islamophobia" (in this thread) like a bad tooth.

And that has something to do with you rudely hounding her without provocation how, exactly?

In this thread.

I then asked if American's rejecting Islam's misogyny and religious intolerance is "Islamophobia."

Sounds fair to me.

Uh, no. She invited you to listen to the show using the link supplied and give your opinion on whether you thought it had a leftist bias, at which time you point blank insisted she tell you her opinion not on what she considers to be "Islamophobia", but whether she, personally, rejects YOUR personal characterization of Islam.

What, is the fate of the world riding on whether people trying to discuss a tv show in a thread specifically for that purpose on an internet message board agree with you? You might want to get a handle on that ego.

Hey...argue religion somewhere else, guys, okay?

Anyone else besides me and goldcatt see or hear the show and have a POV on it?

I am not a huge PBS fan; I watch all the "Mystery" shows, but everything else is catch-as-catch-can. I happened to see the "History of Dogs" last month and was very impressed, so when they advertised the "God In America" show, I TIVO'd it. Didn't actually see it until earlier this week, and I thought it was excellent.

pbs.jpg

In this thread.

Sounds fair to me.

Uh, no. She invited you to listen to the show using the link supplied and give your opinion on whether you thought it had a leftist bias, at which time you point blank insisted she tell you her opinion not on what she considers to be "Islamophobia", but whether she, personally, rejects YOUR personal characterization of Islam.

What, is the fate of the world riding on whether people trying to discuss a tv show in a thread specifically for that purpose on an internet message board agree with you? You might want to get a handle on that ego.

Nuh uh. She specifically called out "Islamophobia."

Most of Maddy's schtick is egging Christians on to bash Muslims. This is more of the same.

You don't consider Islam mysogynist and intolerant?

In this thread.

Sounds fair to me.

Most of Maddy's schtick is egging Christians on to bash Muslims. This is more of the same.

I wasn't aware you were such a fan of mine that you read my posts but did not dare to comment, Revere. You're certainly welcome to -- feel free to join any of the free-for-all threads where Islam is under discussion. There must be dozens on USMB by now.

THIS thread is about a history tv show which deals with religion in America. If THIS thread bores you snotless, please feel free to stop posting to it.

I wasn't aware you were such a fan of mine that you read my posts but did not dare to comment, Revere. You're certainly welcome to -- feel free to join any of the free-for-all threads where Islam is under discussion. There must be dozens on USMB by now.

THIS thread is about a history tv show which deals with religion in America. If THIS thread bores you snotless, please feel free to stop posting to it.

No, you called out Islamophobia, though the show hadn't dealt with it yet.

I asked you to define it.

You ran away.

You were probably asleep for a couple of centuries or so but in fact evolution is proven to a very great extent. No scientist worth their salt denies evolution; there is no serious challenge to the fact of evolution...........
LOL, saying that "but in fact evolution is proven to a very great extent"

Is like saying, "the woman was pregnant to a very great extent". :lol:

It's either a fact or a theory. The woman is either pregnant or not. There is no in between.

No, evolution has not ever been proven at all.

Google, Ph'D's against Evolution.

And you will find that there a plenty of scientists who don't believe in the nonsense theory of evolution. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

The Conservative element and the Republican Party have defamed PBS and NPR for years; I suspect most of the echo chamber who frequent this MB consider them MSM and left leaning and won't listen/watch their programing.
They are proudly willfully ignorant - anyting which challenges their faith is suspect and likely of communist origin.

Last edited:

In this thread.

Sounds fair to me.

I don't go for bait unless I'm looking for some fun. And trust me, you don't want to make yourself into my chew toy. But that's your call, you have fair warning.

I'm here to see what people think of a television show I caught part of and found interesting. You want to call me out for thinking you're a rude and arrogant twit for jumping into a thread and hounding a poster in it on something off-topic, go start a thread in the appropriate place and we'll dance. :D

No, you called out Islamophobia, though the show hadn't dealt with it yet.

I asked you to define it.

You ran away.

WTF? I "ran away"?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/135461-all-of-you-islamophobic-zomg-teh-sharia-law-is-coming-to-get-you-bedwetters.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/136931-more-islamaphobia.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/136729-the-usa-of-hate.html

If none of these threads suit you, Revere, start your own. Just please do not hijack this one.

Christ onna cracker...I "ran away"......I need more patience today to cope with USMB....

Now where were we?

I do have one criticism of the show. The first part apparently ends around 1800 or so, and yet it never deals with Jews or any other non-christians in America, and says nothing about the religions African slaves would have brought with them. A bit too ego-centric for me in that regard.

I want to know if Americans are Islamophobic if they reject the misogyny and intolerance of Islam.

Then start your own motherfucking thread and ASK. Now get on-topic or get the fuck off this thread, Revere. I'm not feeling well and you are chapping my ass with this bullshit.

Now where were we?

I do have one criticism of the show. The first part apparently ends around 1800 or so, and yet it never deals with Jews or any other non-christians in America, and says nothing about the religions African slaves would have brought with them. A bit too ego-centric for me in that regard.

I didn't see the whole thing, so I can't really comment on what wasn't in it. But you bring up an interesting point. Did it deal with Native American religions at all?

Forum List

Back