PBS' "God In America"

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Have you seen Part One? What did you think?

If you missed it, here's a link....

God in America: One: A New Adam | FRONTLINE | PBS Video

I learned quite a bit, myself. I never realized there was so much dissention over an "official state religion" for the US, or that some states actually had adopted one. I also did not realize that anti-Catholic bias was an impetus for the creation of a system of public schools.

I thought the episode I watched was balanced and well-researched; I am looking forward to Episode Two.

Your thoughts?

Yes, I'm watching tonight. I thought it was very informative too.
It gave me a new perspective on Irish need not apply.
Can you picture in your head 20,000 people in the wilderness at a revival WOW!

• Banned
Very insightful about the Spanish Catholics subjugation and cultural genocide of Native Americans in the 17th Century. Apparently, the story of religion in America is the story of conflict and imposing one's will on one's fellow man.

Very insightful about the Spanish Catholics subjugation and cultural genocide of Native Americans in the 17th Century. Apparently, the story of religion in America is the story of conflict and imposing one's will on one's fellow man.

It's still like that today, just look at the creationists who want to impose their beliefs on all the school children.

It's still like that today, just look at the creationists who want to impose their beliefs on all the school children.
Or the evolutionists who force feed school children their pseudo science of evolution as a fact and not just a theory. :doubt:

So tell me O Wise Wan, how do muslims think the world, universe and man/woman were created. :popcorn:

Or the evolutionists who force feed school children their pseudo science of evolution as a fact and not just a theory. :doubt:

So tell me O Wise Wan, how do muslims think the world, universe and man/woman were created.
By the will of Allah.

Which would be known as Intelligent Design in today's culture. :cool:

Sunni Man, did you type this tongue-in-cheek?

*Hopeful look*
Evolution is just a "theory" and not a fact.

Even scientists refer to it as the Theory of Evolution. :doubt:

O dear.....why why why are so many religions determined to set themselves against science?

O well, I live with many others who believe as you do, Sunni Man. What's a few more?

I still say the series is worth watching. I dunno if the writers dealt with Islamophobia or not; the second part has not yet aired.

Liberal PBS is the work of Satan.
A crucifix in urine!

Be not tempted by those smooth talking agents of Satan.
Be strong in your faith. Turn to Fox.
Let St. Beck guide your life.

Last edited:
You mean PBS will tell Americans they are wrong for rejecting Islam's misogyny and intolerance of other faiths?

Well, o'course no history thingie is ever free of bias, but this program seems as straight forward as possible, Revere. The link in the Op leads you to Part One, and just listening to it is enough. Why not give it an ear and tell us if you thought it was leftist?

I just thought it was quality history programming on a timely subject.

You mean PBS will tell Americans they are wrong for rejecting Islam's misogyny and intolerance of other faiths?

Well, o'course no history thingie is ever free of bias, but this program seems as straight forward as possible, Revere. The link in the Op leads you to Part One, and just listening to it is enough. Why not give it an ear and tell us if you thought it was leftist?

Tell me if you reject Islam's misogyny and intolerance of other religions.

Excuse me for butting in here, but why is Madeline or any poster on a thread discussing a television show suddenly personally accountable to you for their opinion on something completely off-topic?

Sunni Man, did you type this tongue-in-cheek?

*Hopeful look*
Evolution is just a "theory" and not a fact.

Even scientists refer to it as the Theory of Evolution. :doubt:

O dear.....why why why are so many religions determined to set themselves against science?

O well, I live with many others who believe as you do, Sunni Man. What's a few more?

I still say the series is worth watching. I dunno if the writers dealt with Islamophobia or not; the second part has not yet aired.

Since when is evolution proven science?

Excuse me for butting in here, but why is Madeline or any poster on a thread discussing a television show suddenly personally accountable to you for their opinion on something completely off-topic?

Because she spits out the word "Islamophobia" (in this thread) like a bad tooth.

Because she spits out the word "Islamophobia" (in this thread) like a bad tooth.

And that has something to do with you rudely hounding her without provocation how, exactly?

Forum List

Back