Pathetic: 80-year-old black man shoots black would-be burgler

Since the heading of your linked news article did not mention the race of the shooter, nor the burglar, why did you feel it was necessary to mention their races in your thread title?

The obvious other side of the coin.

Are we allowed to defend ourselves or not.

IMHO, by stating "black man shoots black intruder", the OP had no intention of discussing our rights to defend ourselves...

You dont know that. He left it wide open for discussion. I seen the obvious parallel, right off.

But then, I follow Gun issues.

Oh look....
Wright was charged with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon after police discovered he had two prior weapons convictions from 1968 and 1994, officials said. Records show Wright also was convicted of theft in 1990. Wright turned his gun over to detectives.

This is what he was charged with. Not murder.

Woonder how long it will take Sharpton and Jackson to hotfoot it to Chicago??
Black-on-black crime? Pffft. There's no money to be made off that.

Besides, it just points out the black community's leaders' failures. No way they're going to highlight that.

I know. I was being facesious/
owl-nowai.jpg

Sharpton and Jackson are media whores and the only black deaths they are interested in are anybody but a black killing a black.

God know hundeds of blacks are killed by other blacks every year. Sharpton and Jackson have no interest in those deaths because they can't scream racism.
Exactly. No money or political hay to be made, so it's like it never happened.

Since the heading of your linked news article did not mention the race of the shooter, nor the burglar, why did you feel it was necessary to mention their races in your thread title?

A better question would be, why wasn't sharpton or jackson or obama there to stir up outrage on why there is so much black on black crime in the inner cities?
Oh....that's right...it just doesn't fit the racist narrative.

Seems the cops did the right thing in this case. Arrested the guy..and let Justice run it course.

Kindly explain the similarities between this incident and the one in Florida....particularly in the following sticking points.

1. did the 80 year old man call 911?

2. was the 80 year old man following the "burglar" outside his own house/property?

3. was the 80 year old man told by the police dispatcher to not follow the "burgler" and he did it anyways?

4. was the "burglar" walking in an open area?

5. did he had the dreaded hoodie on?

6. was he packing skittles?

7. did the police do nothing after a cursery investigation?

8. are the parents of the "burglar" asking why nothing is being done by the police dept 3 weeks later?

You're the only one trying to link the two, the OP said nothing about Florida in this thread. Assume much?

I'm the only one? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You sure you want to go with that?

IMHO, by stating "black man shoots black intruder", the OP had no intention of discussing our rights to defend ourselves...

Oh fuck off...

....and I am STILL waiting to hear your reasoning for mentioning the shooter was black and the burglar was black in your thread title. What purpose did it serve for you to type extra words that were not even part of the original newspaper article?

I'm just showing readers that black on black crime exists...

This old man (regardless of race) got arrested for protecting his property....

IMO the old black guy is a hero...

Lets see if Jesse or Al will stomp feet on his behalf...

Not in Chicago, you're not. You might hurt your burglar's/rapist's/murderer's feelings.

No, the moral action is to be robbed/raped/murdered. Undoubtedly.

Right, bleeding heart USMB lefties?

Wright was charged with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon after police discovered he had two prior weapons convictions from 1968 and 1994, officials said. Records show Wright also was convicted of theft in 1990. Wright turned his gun over to detectives.

Do you suppose the reasons why he was charged have anything to do with self defense ???

The 80 year old man was denied the protection of a good Stand Your Ground law. Without such lawsd you end up with nonsense like this.

Oh fuck off...

....and I am STILL waiting to hear your reasoning for mentioning the shooter was black and the burglar was black in your thread title. What purpose did it serve for you to type extra words that were not even part of the original newspaper article?

So....then....your post is twofold? To 1) show that black on black crime exists? Umm, duh!?
and 2) that gun owners DO have the right to own guns, but don't get to go around killing people without consequences? Duh!?

Thank GOD, you are here, man. I truly don't know what I would have done without this eye opening experience...

Oh look....

I'll lay odds the DA refuses to prosecute. "Unlawful use of a weapon" could mean something as simple as violating some law against firing a handgun in city limits. He was not charged with assault or attempted murder. He also shot the burglar in the leg once, he didn't murder him.

The whole idea of the thread is a lame, and false attempt at trying to establish some equivalency to justify their own bigotry, because we're hoppin' mad at the double standards of justice shown in Florida. This makes the thread a huge FAIL!

He should have aimed at his chest and blown the purp to hell. As for Chicago, what the F$%^K do you expect ?

Oh fuck off...

Get back to us if this guy gets convicted of something he isn't guilty of....you know, trial and all. Sounds like the Chicago cops did what the Sanford cops SHOULD HAVE done.

BTW....in case some here didn't know it.....Illinois laws are different than Florida laws.

Not in Chicago, you're not. You might hurt your burglar's/rapist's/murderer's feelings.

Do you suppose the reasons why he was charged have anything to do with self defense ???

I wouldnt know one way or the other, but considering his geographic area of residence, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. That is the location they have confiscated many legal firearms over horse shit regs.

I wouldnt know one way or the other, but considering his geographic area of residence, I would give him the benefit of the doubt. That is the location they have confiscated many legal firearms over horse shit regs.

Al Capone would be takin heads.

A better question would be, why wasn't sharpton or jackson or obama there to stir up outrage on why there is so much black on black crime in the inner cities?
Oh....that's right...it just doesn't fit the racist narrative.

Seems the cops did the right thing in this case. Arrested the guy..and let Justice run it course.

You've clearly never been arrested or involved in the criminal justice system.

Oh look....

I'll lay odds the DA refuses to prosecute. "Unlawful use of a weapon" could mean something as simple as violating some law against firing a handgun in city limits. He was not charged with assault or attempted murder. He also shot the burglar in the leg once, he didn't murder him.

The whole idea of the thread is a lame, and false attempt at trying to establish some equivalency to justify their own bigotry, because we're hoppin' mad at the double standards of justice shown in Florida. This makes the thread a huge FAIL!
But, this is what we've come to expect from Mr Nick, eh?

Forum List

Back