Pathetic: 80-year-old black man shoots black would-be burgler

Not in Chicago, you're not. You might hurt your burglar's/rapist's/murderer's feelings.

No, the moral action is to be robbed/raped/murdered. Undoubtedly.

Right, bleeding heart USMB lefties?

Wright was charged with one felony count of unlawful use of a weapon after police discovered he had two prior weapons convictions from 1968 and 1994, officials said. Records show Wright also was convicted of theft in 1990. Wright turned his gun over to detectives.

Do you suppose the reasons why he was charged have anything to do with self defense ???
He used a weapon in self-defense.

In Liberal Land, that's a baaaaad thing.

So, you have evidence of Liberals saying this man in Chicago was bad for defending himself and his home? Link of that, please.

Oh look....

This is what he was charged with. Not murder.

I'll lay odds the DA refuses to prosecute. "Unlawful use of a weapon" could mean something as simple as violating some law against firing a handgun in city limits. He was not charged with assault or attempted murder. He also shot the burglar in the leg once, he didn't murder him.

The whole idea of the thread is a lame, and false attempt at trying to establish some equivalency to justify their own bigotry, because we're hoppin' mad at the double standards of justice shown in Florida. This makes the thread a huge FAIL!
Yet you seem to have no problem with the double standard of Sharpton, Jackson, the media et al ignoring black-on-black crime while they stir up race hate with Hispanic-on-black crime.

Nope. You have no problem at all with that double standard.

There is no double standard. In Chicago, the cops did their job....in Florida, the cops did not do their job. In Chicago, that man defended himself and his home. In Florida, that man went AFTER someone walking home from the 7-11.

Of course.....we don't expect YOU to see the difference. In fact, it's actually amusing watching the OP try to shoehorn an different case into a comparison with the Florida case in an attempt to accuse Liberals of racial hypocrisy......and what does he do? Pick an example based on......wait for it.........race.

Last edited:
There is no double standard. In Chicago, the cops did their job....in Florida, the cops did not do their job. In Chicago, that man defended himself and his home. In Florida, that man went AFTER someone walking home from the 7-11.

Of course.....we don't expect YOU to see the difference. In fact, it's actually amusing watching the OP try to shoehorn an different case into a comparison with the Florida case in an attempt to accuse Liberals of racial hypocrisy......and what does he do? Pick an example based on......wait for it.........race.

Yeah, obviously if a man were to go rob a 7/11, and shot the storekeeper after a struggle, that would also be the same thing as killing a burglar in the process of breaking into your home.

After all, the shopkeeper was trying to fight the man committing the hold-up. Obviously a case of self defense.

Yeah, obviously if a man were to go rob a 7/11, and shot the storekeeper after a struggle, that would also be the same thing as killing a burglar in the process of breaking into your home.

After all, the shopkeeper was trying to fight the man committing the hold-up. Obviously a case of self defense.

Yes, that is correct.

Oh look....

This is what he was charged with. Not murder.

I'll lay odds the DA refuses to prosecute. "Unlawful use of a weapon" could mean something as simple as violating some law against firing a handgun in city limits. He was not charged with assault or attempted murder. He also shot the burglar in the leg once, he didn't murder him.

The whole idea of the thread is a lame, and false attempt at trying to establish some equivalency to justify their own bigotry, because we're hoppin' mad at the double standards of justice shown in Florida. This makes the thread a huge FAIL!
Yet you seem to have no problem with the double standard of Sharpton, Jackson, the media et al ignoring black-on-black crime while they stir up race hate with Hispanic-on-black crime.

As usual your premise is bullshit. They've often commented on black-on-black crime. If you stopped watching FOX every now and then, you'd know this. But their day job is to see that blacks aren't discriminated against. That's what they do. Too bad you consider those working for social justice, race baiting poverty pimps. Why do you hate social justice?

Do you suppose the reasons why he was charged have anything to do with self defense ???
He used a weapon in self-defense.

In Liberal Land, that's a baaaaad thing.

So, you have evidence of Liberals saying this man in Chicago was bad for defending himself and his home? Link of that, please.
How about IL State's Attorney Anita Alvarez?

She doesn't believe ANYONE should own guns. Even battered women.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEyzWI9oLck]Anita Alvarez says no one should own guns. - YouTube[/ame]

How do you know the cops in FL didn't do their job?

Oh, yes...you were told so by people with an agenda.

And don't you DARE question it.

As usual your premise is bullshit. They've often commented on black-on-black crime.
Links.
If you stopped watching FOX every now and then, you'd know this.
I don't watch Fox. But I understand that since you need to be programmed daily, you feel others do too.

Such is not the case among people who can think for themselves.
But their day job is to see that blacks aren't discriminated against. That's what they do.
Even if they have to make up the discrimination. SEE Tawana Brawley, the Duke Lacrosse Team.
Too bad you consider those working for social justice, race baiting poverty pimps.
I do only because they are.
Why do you hate social justice?
"Social justice" means "Taking stuff away from people who earned it and giving it to people who don't".

You want to assuage your white liberal guilt, fine. But keep your hands out of my wallet. I've never owned a slave, and I've never oppressed anybody.

And no, disagreeing with leftists is NOT oppression.

As usual your premise is bullshit. They've often commented on black-on-black crime.
Links.

Damn you're lazy.

Sharpton decries black-on-black violence

"We must be outraged when people who look like us, live with us and claim to be us, kill us," said Sharpton, who was accompanied by ministers, Nation of Islam organizers and Yamma Brown, an activist and daughter of Sharpton's mentor, the late James Brown.

Jesse Jackson

GATES: But what do we do about it?

Jackson: One must challenge that violent culture. One must challenge those stereotypes. At least you must know, as a professor, that there's a competition for the minds of our children. You teach four, five, ten, twelve, twenty students. And mass media is teaching by the tens of thousands.

GATES: Right.

JACKSON: And it's winning. And not only is it conditioning our youth toward recycling violence; it's also immunizing them away from the pain of drugs as a threat to their lives. It is immunizing them from the pain of even death, where many of our young people now who are planning their funerals, what kind of funeral they're going to have. That is a mindset. And the more you focus on sex without love, and drugs and violence, lifestyle of intimidation and recycling, the less energy you spend on opening up the big tent.

Ready to admit you were wrong and uninformed?

Too bad you consider those working for social justice, race baiting poverty pimps.
"Social justice" means "Taking stuff away from people who earned it and giving it to people who don't".

You want to assuage your white liberal guilt, fine. But keep your hands out of my wallet. I've never owned a slave, and I've never oppressed anybody.

You sound like a deranged parrot. I won't explain to you the difference between social justice and economic justice, it would be like pissing in a fan, and I don't think you have the level of intelligence to discuss it without going back to your talking point dogma. If someone here, on the right, who shows an ounce of intelligence wish to discuss why social and economic justice isn't wealth redistribution, I'd be happy to. You're just too lazy, shiftless, and ignorant.

Links.

Damn you're lazy.

Jesse Jackson

I was indeed wrong, and good for them.

Too bad they erase all the good they do with articles like that by race-baiting.

Wouldn't you say?

You sound like a deranged parrot. I won't explain to you the difference between social justice and economic justice, it would be like pissing in a fan, and I don't think you have the level of intelligence to discuss it without going back to your talking point dogma. If someone here, on the right, who shows an ounce of intelligence wish to discuss why social and economic justice isn't wealth redistribution, I'd be happy to. You're just too lazy, shiftless, and ignorant.
Sooo...you got nothin', and it's MY fault.

The day a leftist takes personal responsible for something is the day...hell, even I don't have that much imagination. :lol:

Since the heading of your linked news article did not mention the race of the shooter, nor the burglar, why did you feel it was necessary to mention their races in your thread title?

The obvious other side of the coin.

Are we allowed to defend ourselves or not.

*THIS* Note how some gravitate toward RACE?

They unmask themselves, don't they?

Damn you're lazy.

Jesse Jackson

I was indeed wrong, and good for them.

Too bad they erase all the good they do with articles like that by race-baiting.

Wouldn't you say?

Tell me when you've walked a mile in their shoes. Were you willing to put your ass on the line, be beaten, imprisoned, nearly assassinated, just so you got the right to vote? Yeah, they made some bad calls, but they did so to ensure that justice was being done. It's because of people of their courage that there's less racial prejudice in the public square, but only fool would believe it's not still worth fighting against.

If there's any "race-baiting" it's from those who want to hide themselves from reality, and believe we've come to some color blind mountaintop. Pretending injustice doesn't exist doesn't make it go away.

Sooo...you got nothin', and it's MY fault.

The day a leftist takes personal responsible for something is the day...hell, even I don't have that much imagination. :lol:

I've taken personal responsibility my whole life. I've made my own bed, for better or for worse. Luckily, I didn't lose the game of ovarian bingo, and have to jump through extra hoops because of my skin color.

Daveman, you know me. You know I'll fight, with links and logic. I just won't do it with you in any serious way. You've never shown the willingness to be honest in debate, or shown that you're willing to put in the time to support your position. Over the many years we've posted together, all I've seen from you is your kneejerk reactionary flames and a complete lack of intellectual integrity.

Woonder how long it will take Sharpton and Jackson to hotfoot it to Chicago??

That's too boring. You need a white description of a person, doesn't matter if they're hispanic, black, green, martian, just as long as you have a white descriptor perpetrator against a black person, then Jesse and the boys will RIDE.

Since the heading of your linked news article did not mention the race of the shooter, nor the burglar, why did you feel it was necessary to mention their races in your thread title?

The obvious other side of the coin.

Are we allowed to defend ourselves or not.
Not in Chicago, you're not. You might hurt your burglar's/rapist's/murderer's feelings.

No, the moral action is to be robbed/raped/murdered. Undoubtedly.

Right, bleeding heart USMB lefties?

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

Forum List

Back