81-year-old Ohio man charged with murder for shooting Black Uber driver

I think dear elektra is getting responses confused with the voices in her head.
If you thought, you would not be making shit up and lying
then tell me the post numbers that I said this Uber driver was killed for coming to the front door.
I quoted your post, no need for post numbers, you can and every can click on the quote and it takes you directly to the post.

This is the second time you have ignored your quotes. Proof enough, direct quotes ignored twice by you.

You keep claiming this woman was a criminal,
Keep claiming she was a criminal? I did this more than once?

You must be a mental moron, but if you think I did, go back and quote one post. I will more than happily admit that I fucked up if I wrote what you claim.

Quote! Quote! Quote!

Without a quote, you are either a filthy scum bag partisan liar, or a moron with comprehension skills. So go ahead and quote.

Either way, you are the one claiming that an old white racist man shot a random black woman out of hate

Keep claiming she was a criminal? I did this more than once?

You must be a mental moron, but if you think I did, go back and quote one post. I will more than happily admit that I fucked up if I wrote what you claim.

Quote! Quote! Quote!

Without a quote, you are either a filthy scum bag partisan liar, or a moron with comprehension skills. So go ahead and quote.

Either way, you are the one claiming that an old white racist man shot a random black woman out of hate

You said she was there to collect ransom money. If all she knew was she was there for a pickup, then the shooting can’t be justified can it?

If you thought, you would not be making shit up and lying

I quoted your post, no need for post numbers, you can and every can click on the quote and it takes you directly to the post.

This is the second time you have ignored your quotes. Proof enough, direct quotes ignored twice by you.

Yes, you quoted my post telling you that you could not shot an Uber driver for walking up to your door. Now I am waiting for my post where I said that is what this guy did.

I will be happy to wait.

This poor woman was clearly no threat to this man. She even had trouble walking.
He is rightly going to jail a long time. He made the choice to murder a woman who was clearly oblivious about what this man was responding to. She was frightened and trying to leave. She was murdered in cold blood

And the video of the woman backing away on the dashcam? Pursued by the man holding the gun?

You mean the while second worth of video? If you believe that is all of it, then you must be wondering why the news caster and her cameraman were also there and didn't do anything to stop it, too.

This poor woman was clearly no threat to this man. She even had trouble walking.
He is rightly going to jail a long time. He made the choice to murder a woman who was clearly oblivious about what this man was responding to. She was frightened and trying to leave. She was murdered in cold blood

And it was the crooks who are responsible, period.

You mean the while second worth of video? If you believe that is all of it, then you must be wondering why the news caster and her cameraman were also there and didn't do anything to stop it, too.

there was no news caster and camera man there. All the video comes from her dashcam.

and he did not shoot her just once. He shot her in the leg, which would have kept her from leaving. But that was not good enough so he shot her in the shoulder....but that was not good enough so he shot her a third time....and then called 9/11.

quoted your posts, you are ignoring them, your prerogative, everyone sees it

yes, you quoted my post telling you that you could not kill an Uber driver for knocking on your door.

Now, quote the post of me saying that is what happened here.

Let’s see if I can explain this. If you use deadly force, the cops are going to investigate. They’re going to ask you a lot of questions. You need to tell a story about the use of force, to show it was justified. The cops will compare your story with the evidence. IF you say that the baddie attacked you, there needs to be something to back it up. Defensive bruises, something. Video is good for that sort of proof.

Video is also good at poking big holes in the story.

Now, think this through. Someone threatens you over the phone, and a driver shows up. An UBER driver. You are convinced they are part of the conspiracy. But there is a problem. The driver uses her phone to show you the assignment. If you’ve never used Uber let me explain how it works.

You post for a ride or a meal or whatever. The closest drivers are given the opportunity to accept the job. They are independent after all. When one accepts the job, it pops on your screen that the driver is on the way.

Now, for this woman to be involved, she would have to arrange to be closer than other drivers, and not taking any other jobs that might interfere to accept the UBER dispatch.

Now, maybe the madman who was a shooter didn’t understand that. Maybe he was ignorant. But he wasn’t listening to her explain. I’m operating on the assumption that she was trying to explain to him what happened. Why she was there. He wasn’t listening. Because he was convinced he had a bad guy, or girl if you prefer. That coupled with the video showing him pursuing her, with his gun out, tells part of the story.

The news report tells more of the story, and we are left to connect the dots as to why he was charged.

But in the end, none of that matters as much as the reasons we as a society sanction use of force. We acknowledge and have legislated reasons that use of force are acceptable. The reason is self defense. Or defense of another. From life threatening situations. We call it the reasonable man standard. Even though that was essentially eliminated by law, it is still what we use. We just call it something else now. Would a reasonable person in your situation do the same thing?

If you use lethal force without such justification, you are facing serious criminal penalties.

I don’t know Ohio law. I know Georgia law, and let me explain what crimes were committed by this fellow under those laws. Aggravated Assault. Attempted Illegal Imprisonment. Murder. Felony Murder. In Georgia, if you are convicted of Murder, the only penalty you can face then is Life, or I suppose Death. Normally the penalty is Life, the only question left is with, or without, the possibility of parole. That can’t happen for at least thirty years, should you get the possibility wildcard.

This fellow is in a lot of trouble. It wasn’t a life or death situation in which he employed lethal force. He is going to have a hard time selling the I was afeared for my life. He was armed, she was not, and she was trying to leave.

yes, you quoted my post telling you that you could not kill an Uber driver for knocking on your door.

Now, quote the post of me saying that is what happened here.
already did, twice, not going to do it a third time, you ignored it twice, you will ignore it a third time

ignoring posts is the same as stating that you are wrong

Yes, goodbye, you refuse to address your quotes I have repeatedly asked you to. Quotes I put in posts, more than once. Posts with quotes I have referenced a dozen times.

Even now, you refuse to address your comments that I quoted.

It proves you are lying about what you have been saying throughout this entire thread.
Aw, Glamping Goober is full of shit?! The hell you say! :omg:

You can shoot somebody that's trying to break into your home.

You know, this looks to me like somebody set the Uber driver up to get shot. :(

Aw, Glamping Goober is full of shit?! The hell you say! :omg:

You can shoot somebody that's trying to break into your home.

You know, this looks to me like somebody set the Uber driver up to get shot. :(

She wasn’t trying to break in. We know that isn’t true.

Forum List

Back