Pacquiao Believes God for Victory over Mayweather

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I found this news article this morning and found it to be quite interesting. Turns out that TheOwl was right! This man Pacquiao who is called Pacman by some is not only a famous boxer. He's a born again Christian! He is believing God for the victory in his boxing match against Mayweather. Here's the story:

Pacquiao sees fist of God delivering win over Mayweather - Yahoo News

Manila (AFP) - Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao is confident he can beat American arch-rival Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas on Saturday with the power of God, after abandoning a life he said was packed with sin condemning him to hell.

Pacquiao is in top form both in mind and spirit after he traded his boozing, gambling and womanising ways for a devout life of prayer, his spiritual adviser, Jeric Soriano, told AFP in a recent Manila interview.

"Manny is a God-fearing man. Inside his heart of hearts he really loved God. Except the world got to him," Soriano said of Pacquiao's party-boy lifestyle before he became born-again in 2012.

Pacquiao now dreams of becoming a pastor and is building a 6,000-square metre (1.5-acre) "worship house" in his southern Philippine hometown of General Santos as a monument to his spiritual rebirth, Soriano said.

Last edited:
Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy. Why not just go back to pitting lions against "christians"?

Being knocked out is a concussion. Damage to one's brain.

I can't quite imagine Jesus sitting in an audience, applauding while two men tried to cause permanent brain damage in the other in order to put money in the pockets of a very few.

I am believing Pac will win but not because God wants him to win. Lud, you are not recognized as a moral authority on Christianity. Trot along.

I asked my husband if a Boxer can be a Christian, Luddly. He said, yes. It is a Sport. Can a baseball player be a Christian? Can a football player be a Christian? I believe they can be Christians and give God the glory for their victories. Sure. Why not?

I asked my husband if a Boxer can be a Christian, Luddly. He said, yes. It is a Sport. Can a baseball player be a Christian? Can a football player be a Christian? I believe they can be Christians and give God the glory for their victories. Sure. Why not?

Where did I say a boxer can't be a christian?

I didn't.

I didn't even hint at anything like that.

There is no "glory" in boxing or in beating the brains out of another person for the fun and profit of their owners. Ultimately, boxing is very sad. The god/Jesus I learned about would turn away from it.

About using (what you believe to be) god's creations to hurt other of his creations - Does cockfighting or dog fighting also give glory to god? Many of the owners of those animals would say they are christian. Do those blood sports give glory to your god?

BTW, did you see the link I left for you in the animal photo thread in Photography?

"Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy". Once again, Lud is no critic of Christianity or its uses. He is a militant atheist, so we know where from he is coming.

Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy. Why not just go back to pitting lions against "christians"?

I can't quite imagine Jesus sitting in an audience, applauding while two men tried to cause permanent brain damage in the other in order to put money in the pockets of a very few.

Typical sissified Western attitude.

"Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy". Once again, Lud is no critic of Christianity or its uses. He is a militant atheist, so we know where from he is coming.

Also very dishonest,or can't follow his own post for more than 5 min .

i'm definitely going to watch this fight, and i'm rooting for pacquiao all the way :thup:

Domestic violence remains dark cloud hanging over Floyd Mayweather s legacy - Yahoo Sports

pacquiao-manny-011415-getty-ftrjpg_1x8f5gp3ssxy71qe4hyo4gognq.jpg

Also very dishonest,or can't follow his own post for more than 5 min .

Another dumb ass grade school drop out who thinks that if one is here a lot, they "have no life" but if they don't sit here all day, they're "running away".

:rolleyes:

I'm rooting for Pacquiao but I Think Mayweather is going to win.

I don't gamble and I don't watch boxing......Unless it's foxy boxing....Jello wrestling....and such, I don't enjoy men that much....

Forum List

Back