Worst #5 Pick in NFL Draft History......

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
WOW!!!!!# After two seasons without a First Round Pick the Washington Redskins new GM, Scot McCloughan chooses a college OT who I'd likely to be moved to GUARD!!!! We're not talking about a franchise Left Tackle. We're talking someone who will likely be playing g Right Guard.

As a Redskins fan I'm disgusted. I was physically I'll when I heard the pick. Hopefully Scherrf gets injured and cannot play. It would serve the Redskins and McCloughan right.

Maybe not having a First Round pick is a better option for Washington.

No Huggy. This is a team with significant skill position needs at CB, Rush LB, and S. If nobody worth the #5 Pick was available at those positions then you TRADE DOWN. If they took Scherff at #12 or the Tackle the NYG took at #9 because the Giants took Scherff, I'd be fine with it. NO linenan who is not a surefire stud OT is worth the #5 pick. Especially not one who is widely projected to be a GUARD, not a Tackle.

No Huggy. This is a team with significant skill position needs at CB, Rush LB, and S. If nobody worth the #5 Pick was available at those positions then you TRADE DOWN. If they took Scherff at #12 or the Tackle the NYG took at #9 because the Giants took Scherff, I'd be fine with it. NO linenan who is not a surefire stud OT is worth the #5 pick. Especially not one who is widely projected to be a GUARD, not a Tackle.

In the long term the GM is the most important player on a team. In the short term #1 picks rarely make a difference regardless of the position. Our GM Schneider trades away #1 picks with a startling frequency and still has he NFL's highest number of starters taken from round 3 and later. Damn near the whole Legion of Boom were late round picks including the departed Maxwell and Browner.

I wouldn't sweat a number 1 pick. They almost always end up costing more than they are worth anyway. The REAL values are in 3rd round or later players. Seattle has been paying a franchise QB around half a million a season for three years which has been a huge reason we have been able to keep the core of Schneider's picks.

I actually heard that pick predicted several days in advance. They were pretty high on him and don't you have a Sack prob.....not enough time to throw.

WOW!!!!!# After two seasons without a First Round Pick the Washington Redskins new GM, Scot McCloughan chooses a college OT who I'd likely to be moved to GUARD!!!! We're not talking about a franchise Left Tackle. We're talking someone who will likely be playing g Right Guard.

As a Redskins fan I'm disgusted. I was physically I'll when I heard the pick. Hopefully Scherrf gets injured and cannot play. It would serve the Redskins and McCloughan right.

Its not so much that they took Scherff but that they passed on Leonard Williams to get him

Williams was supposed to be the stud of the draft. May haunt the Skins for the next ten years

Maybe this is RobbyThreeGee's year! :lol: Not!

You gize need to get a QB ..for seriously.

Cousins could have taken the Skinz to the NFC Championship in 2012. Playing Robert in "that" game against the Hawks was the dumbest thing Shenanigans could have done. It was ALL downhill after that. The team never recovered.

Did you see the Redskins "trolled" Skip Bayless on twitter?

Thanks to Twitter Redskins troll the outspoken Skip Bayless Comcast SportsNet Washington

IMO they're in no position to be trolling anybody.

Cousins could have taken the Skinz to the NFC Championship in 2012. Playing Robert in "that" game against the Hawks was the dumbest thing Shenanigans could have done. It was ALL downhill after that. The team never recovered.
Peyton Manning himself couldn't have taken us to the NFC Championship. We'd have had his neck snapped and his career over in 3 games.

As a Redskins fan myself, I'd have to agree. It's disappointing. Maybe the rest of the draft will be better.

I actually heard that pick predicted several days in advance. They were pretty high on him and don't you have a Sack prob.....not enough time to throw.

So you are willing to pay 50% more for things than their worth just because someone might buy the one you want and you'll be stuck with o e that's 90% of that one for two thirds of the price.

RG3 is not the answer but neither were any of the QB's available in this year's draft. Not even the top two picks. After our next 3-13 season we will address it next year.

Cousins would have been a better answer if he'd been given the chance to develop. He's past that point now.

[As a Redskins fan myself, I'd have to agree. It's disappointing. Maybe the rest of the draft will be better.

One more shot at it. Anything after mid - second round is a crap shoot at best and Russian Roulette with a 1911 at worst.

So you are willing to pay 50% more for things than their worth just because someone might buy the one you want and you'll be stuck with o e that's 90% of that one for two thirds of the price.
What good does another receiver do you if you don't have time to throw. BTW your rushing TDs were anemic

[As a Redskins fan myself, I'd have to agree. It's disappointing. Maybe the rest of the draft will be better.

One more shot at it. Anything after mid - second round is a crap shoot at best and Russian Roulette with a 1911 at worst.

Middle rounds are where you build your team. Drop vets past their prime and replace them with mid round rookies

I can't co-sign your anxiety. The Seahawks take guys all the time and switch em all over the place. JR Sweezy was a DE and NOW he is an interior Offensive lineman and not half bad at that and getting better. Red Bryant, now with another team, had his career resurrected here when he was yanked out of the D line and made a DE. Same for Michael Bennett. Richard Sherman was a WR at Stanford and now an all pro corner with the most interceptions in the NFL for the last three years. We have college QBs now RBs.. Stop panicking! Trust in the coaches to see what they see and make the most of it.

What good does another receiver do you if you don't have time to throw. BTW your rushing TDs were anemic

Who said a urging about a WR? They need another DE so they can cut former Cowscum DE Jason Hatcher. They need at least one CB and another Safety. You can't live if you opponent can't score.

The worst picks in this draft will be Jameis Winston, seriously you take a pic with crab legs. I love Lovie Smith and still root for the guy, it's a shame his future relies on a douche bag like Winston.

Three best players in the draft: Leonard Williams - he is going to be a stud; Danny Shelton - Ditto, but not as good; and Kevin White - will be the next great WR!

Works for the Seahawks. Name a first rounder better than Jimmy Graham. What you can do with trading away your #1 pick is pick up a PROVEN NFL Superstar... and a #31 Pick at that.

What you NEED is a GM that really gets on the phone and does his damned job. You don't snag a Jimmy Graham unless your GM is always on the phone and just happen to be on the phone when a team like the Saints has a brain fart.

Forum List

Back