Kentucky Derby odds

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Horse Racing

Kentucky Derby odds: American Pharoah the betting favorite at 9/4

Kentucky Derby opening odds: American Pharoah the favorite at 5-2
A pair of Bob Baffert-trained horses are the opening favorites for the Kentucky Derby. Oddsmakers listed American Pharoah as the favorite at 5-2, with Dortmund next at 4-1.

by SI Wire
Email
Posted: Mon Apr. 27, 2015 Updated: Tue Apr. 28, 2015
American Pharoah is a 9/4 favorite as the 2015 Kentucky Derby approaches, according to Bovada's latest odds.

American Pharoah opened as a 5/2 favorite in the 1 1/4 mile race.

The 141st Kentucky Derby will be run on Saturday at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. Post positions will be announced on Wednesday. With all prep races finished, the Kentucky Derby 20-horse field is set, barring anyone backing out.

Last year's winner, California Chrome, entered the race as the favorite at 5/2. Last week, American Pharoah was given 2/1 odds to win the race.

Here are the complete odds, as of Tuesday, from Bovada.

American Pharoah 9/4
Dortmund 9/2
Carpe Diem 7/1
Mubtaahij 12/1
Materiality 12/1
Frosted 16/1
Firing Line 18/1
International Star 18/1
Upstart 20/1
El Kabeir 33/1
Far Right 33/1
Bolo 40/1
Danzig Moon 40/1
Itsaknockout 40/1
Keen Ice 40/1
Mr Z 40/1
Ocho Ocho Ocho 40/1
War Story 40/1
Stanford 66/1
Tencendur 66/1

Far Right to win....War Story to place....Materiality to show

$2.00 on Stanford

Far Right to win....War Story to place....Materiality to show

$2.00 on Stanford

I looked at your race today because I wanted to see how many of these owners mistreat their horses and the history of these people. I noticed that Stanford has dropped out of the race and Frammento has replaced him. The odds of Frammento winning are 50 - 1 but I liked a comment I saw about his trainer. They said his trainer was "too clean" to win a race - in other words he wasn't dirty enough. I felt that such a man should be rewarded and thought it would be nice to see the horse win...........but then........I learned that the owner of Bolo is a man who lived through Nazi takeover in Austria - went to work at age 14 - I believe he is a Jewish man - he owns some of the nicest racetracks in the United States of America and he was in the Jewish newspaper for stating he is beginning his own campaign to stop the drugging of horses in these races! I was delighted to hear it!

Then I found that he and his daughter were vilified and accused of financing ethnic cleansing because he made a large donation to the Jewish Fund in Israel helping Israelis! Then I really, really liked the man!!

I believe he became wealthy by his own hard work and good business ethics and as he is going to take on the horse race industry and fight to stop abuse of horses - drugging - driving them - he sounds like a very honorable man! On top of that, he hired a woman trainer when all the other horse owners have male trainers and he chose a jockey who worked his own way through school at a young age cleaning stables. And the jockey looks like he's a Christian!

So with all that said, I believe Bolo deserves to win. If his owner can stop the abuse of horses in horse races that will be a huge accomplishment! I personally believe that God will bless him because he blessed Israel financially by giving that donation. I see on your chart that Bolo has a 40-1 chance of winning so I believe this is the perfect horse to become the winner of the 2015 Kentucky Derby. His name is Bolo. So be on the look out, hangover.

Forum List

Back