Pacquiao Believes God for Victory over Mayweather

I always wondered how people claimed god wanted them to beat the crap out of another person and expected others to believe it?

I have nothing to do with boxing and do not know much about it. I do not watch Sports events. But I would think it isn't any different from a football game in which the teams have helmets on and mouthpieces in their mouths - and crash into each other. Right? Can a football player be a Christian? If he can? Then a Boxer could be a Christian too I would suppose. Wouldn't you? If he is going to build a church in the Philippines with his own money, I find that commendable. It would be wonderful if he could build an outdoor church and that way he could put more money into meeting the physical needs of the poor there - like food, clothing, shelter needs. An outdoor church - thatched roof, open air services - simple seating arrangements - would save a great deal of money!

I always wondered how people claimed god wanted them to beat the crap out of another person and expected others to believe it?

The very idea that anyone knows what god wants is ludicrous.

I have not any idea what God would want concerning boxing - but I most certainly know what God wants from mankind! To know Him! To choose a relationship with Him instead of this world that is getting worse by the second! To live a life that glorifies Him! To receive His free gift of Salvation so that we do not have to perish in hell! To share that good news with others! That is what God wants, Luddly! Are you ready yet?

I didnt care either way but the way the Pac camp is playing up the good vs evil angle I am hoping Mayweather knocks Pac out in the first 20 seconds.
I'm still rooting for Pacquaio but yes, the good vs. evil angle is ridiculous. I really don't like Mayweather but I expect him to win.

TheOWL said that Mayweather has a record of beating up women. I would consider that by his own actions he is an evil man in need of repentance and salvation. Yes, OldSchool. There is such a thing as evil. Living a life independent of Jesus Christ is evil.

I have nothing to do with boxing and do not know much about it. I do not watch Sports events. But I would think it isn't any different from a football game in which the teams have helmets on and mouthpieces in their mouths - and crash into each other. Right? Can a football player be a Christian? If he can? Then a Boxer could be a Christian too I would suppose. Wouldn't you? If he is going to build a church in the Philippines with his own money, I find that commendable. It would be wonderful if he could build an outdoor church and that way he could put more money into meeting the physical needs of the poor there - like food, clothing, shelter needs. An outdoor church - thatched roof, open air services - simple seating arrangements - would save a great deal of money!
I dont have a problem with them claiming they are a christian. I just said it always amused me they thought god was telling them to hurt someone physically in order to win something.

I dont have a problem with them claiming they are a christian. I just said it always amused me they thought god was telling them to hurt someone physically in order to win something.

I think what he meant was that he is believing for God to give him victory over his opponent. There is a type of precedent for that in battle. In battle, Joshua believed God for the victory. Jehoshaphat believed God for the victory. King David believed God for the victory. The Battles they faced were far more bloody than any boxing match one would view with a referee overseeing everything that happens, Asceplias.

"Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy". Once again, Lud is no critic of Christianity or its uses. He is a militant atheist, so we know where from he is coming.

Also very dishonest,or can't follow his own post for more than 5 min .

Another dumb ass grade school drop out who thinks that if one is here a lot, they "have no life" but if they don't sit here all day, they're "running away".

:rolleyes:
You wanna decode that jumble of nonsense? maybe a hint of its relevance ?

xFem4Fj.jpg

I found this news article this morning and found it to be quite interesting. Turns out that TheOwl was right! This man Pacquiao who is called Pacman by some is not only a famous boxer. He's a born again Christian! He is believing God for the victory in his boxing match against Mayweather. Here's the story:

Pacquiao sees fist of God delivering win over Mayweather - Yahoo News

Manila (AFP) - Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao is confident he can beat American arch-rival Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas on Saturday with the power of God, after abandoning a life he said was packed with sin condemning him to hell.

Pacquiao is in top form both in mind and spirit after he traded his boozing, gambling and womanising ways for a devout life of prayer, his spiritual adviser, Jeric Soriano, told AFP in a recent Manila interview.

"Manny is a God-fearing man. Inside his heart of hearts he really loved God. Except the world got to him," Soriano said of Pacquiao's party-boy lifestyle before he became born-again in 2012.

Pacquiao now dreams of becoming a pastor and is building a 6,000-square metre (1.5-acre) "worship house" in his southern Philippine hometown of General Santos as a monument to his spiritual rebirth, Soriano said.

Pacman is gonna kick his ass......

I found this news article this morning and found it to be quite interesting. Turns out that TheOwl was right! This man Pacquiao who is called Pacman by some is not only a famous boxer. He's a born again Christian! He is believing God for the victory in his boxing match against Mayweather. Here's the story:

Manila (AFP) - Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao is confident he can beat American arch-rival Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas on Saturday with the power of God, after abandoning a life he said was packed with sin condemning him to hell.

Pacquiao is in top form both in mind and spirit after he traded his boozing, gambling and womanising ways for a devout life of prayer, his spiritual adviser, Jeric Soriano, told AFP in a recent Manila interview.

"Manny is a God-fearing man. Inside his heart of hearts he really loved God. Except the world got to him," Soriano said of Pacquiao's party-boy lifestyle before he became born-again in 2012.

Pacquiao now dreams of becoming a pastor and is building a 6,000-square metre (1.5-acre) "worship house" in his southern Philippine hometown of General Santos as a monument to his spiritual rebirth, Soriano said.

Because he been granted wisdom, Gracie. The truth is Christians should fear God. To the extent a person fears God - they will not fear man or the opinion of man. If they do not fear God? They will fear man. If they fear the LORD? They will not fear man.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

Mayweather by decision. He will stick and move, and Manny will never catch him.

Both of these guys are well past their prime, and are living on past reputation.m

I don't fear God. I love Him. He loves me. What's to fear? I don't fear man either.

Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy. Why not just go back to pitting lions against "christians"?

Being knocked out is a concussion. Damage to one's brain.

I can't quite imagine Jesus sitting in an audience, applauding while two men tried to cause permanent brain damage in the other in order to put money in the pockets of a very few.

Couple things. . . Number one, Pacquiao and Mayweather are splitting a $200mil pot for this fight, which I'd say disqualifies them from the label of poor pawns for the rich.

Now, you can call boxing anti-Christian and I could find christians who agree, but comparing it to tossing people to lions? People have died in the ring, granted, but compared to the roughly 100 percent death rate of people thrown to the lions, boxing isn't nearly as lethal. More importantly, nobody forces anybody into the ring. There isn't a professional fighter alive who doesn't love their support despite the risks, which are now common knowledge.

Believe it or not, physical dominance of male rivals is an instinctive form of posturing that virtually every species of mammal engages in, and humans share this trait. Winning a physical contest against another male is fulfilling on that same primal, emotional level as sexual release. In my experience, those who object to sports in general, fight sports included, tend to be those who had largely negative experiences with physical competitions growing up. The love of victory literally has to be programmed out of you to be lost.

Last edited:
Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy. Why not just go back to pitting lions against "christians"?.
you are a fucking idiot, who is using people of color?...um... who is making people box?

Luddly, if there were a situation where a person of color was being forced to box in order to feed their family - I would say that was exploiting the poor but I was under the impression that these men were ready for retirement and were both professionals who were representing the Sport of Boxing. If I am mistaken in that - my apologies. I certainly would agree it is very unchristian to exploit the poor and especially to pit them against each other to fight for money - and to force them into it? Would be the act of someone without a conscience.

Boxing is the very UN-christian use of poor people (of color) as pawns for the wealthy. Why not just go back to pitting lions against "christians"?

Being knocked out is a concussion. Damage to one's brain.

I can't quite imagine Jesus sitting in an audience, applauding while two men tried to cause permanent brain damage in the other in order to put money in the pockets of a very few.

Couple things. . . Number one, Pacquiao and Mayweather are splitting a $200mil pot for this fight, which I'd say disqualifies them from the label of poor pawns for the rich.

Now, you can call boxing anti-Christian and I could find christians who agree, but comparing it to tossing people to lions? People have died in the ring, granted, but compared to the roughly 100 percent death rate of people thrown to the lions, boxing isn't nearly as lethal. More importantly, nobody forces anybody into the ring. There isn't a professional fighter alive who doesn't love their support despite the risks, which are now common knowledge.

Believe it or not, physical dominance of male rivals is an instinctive form of posturing that virtually every species of mammal engages in, and humans share this trait. Winning a physical contest against another male is fulfilling on that same primal, emotional level as sexual release. In my experience, those who object to sports in general, fight sports included, tend to be those who had largely negative experiences with physical competitions growing up. The love of victory literally has to be programmed out of you to be lost.

Points taken and thanks for the civil and courteous education. If there's that much for them to split, it gives a good indication of the total amount at stake for backers, etc.

My original point was that god probably wouldn't be a boxing fan and that god having anything to do with which of them wins is just beyond ridiculous.

And you are right about "negative experiences with physical competitions growing up". Having had the shit beat out of me every day as a child, and worse, I can't even stand to watch the commercials.

Forum List

Back