Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare

o-gold.jpg

Shame Bush had to wreck the economy like that. Oh I know...y'all don't think that President Obama is cleaning up the GOP's mess fast enough, but it's kinda tough when the GOP has stated publicly that the most important issue for them is fucking over the President.

If Obama wasn't up for the job, he shouldn't have campaigned for it. Since all he's done is bitch that the job's too hard, it's time to hire someone new. And the economy didn't crash until the Pelosi and the Democrats took over Congress. You can blame Bush all you want, but the economy was chugging along fine until your team got the purse.
And tell Obama to quit whining and lead for heaven's sake. If he can't figure out how to get people to work with him, shame on him.

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare | The Weekly Standard

What will happen when more people receive welfare then work..

SSI is Federal welfare, for disabled persons who are unable to work and have not worked at least 10 years on a payroll.

Food Stamps and Medicaid aren’t ‘welfare,’ Medicaid is a state program; both Food Stamps and Medicaid are designed to assist working lower income families.

so if you're not workingyou cannot get food stamps or medicaid? Is that right? Will you provide a link to this information?

I believe more than half of those on food stamps and Medicaid are the working poor.

I didn't see Lovebear's thread but I feel sure a helpful mod will merge the threads.

Shame Bush had to wreck the economy like that. Oh I know...y'all don't think that President Obama is cleaning up the GOP's mess fast enough, but it's kinda tough when the GOP has stated publicly that the most important issue for them is fucking over the President.

If Obama wasn't up for the job, he shouldn't have campaigned for it. Since all he's done is bitch that the job's too hard, it's time to hire someone new. And the economy didn't crash until the Pelosi and the Democrats took over Congress. You can blame Bush all you want, but the economy was chugging along fine until your team got the purse.
And tell Obama to quit whining and lead for heaven's sake. If he can't figure out how to get people to work with him, shame on him.

I'm still shocked that people think like this^^^^^^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_2008–2012_global_recession

This is unbelievable. :(

2:40 PM, AUG 8, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER

welfarechart.png

"The federal government administers nearly 80 different overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs," the Senate Budget Committee notes. However, the committee states, the figures used in the chart do not include those who are only benefiting from Social Security and/or Medicare.

Knowing how the GOP use "Fuzzy Math" I wonder how many in this count "overlap?" How many children are counted more then once, for food stamps and school lunches, for example? The one thing we can be sure of is the GOP will never give an honest account of anything!!!!

Just like the Marxists want it.

Obamanation

You really ought to look at those numbers closely. According to the chart, it shows 97 million collecting some sort of welfare before Obama took office. As of now, it shows 107 million, so a 10% increase. Interesting that the increase has only been 10% at a time when millions of people lost their jobs. Obama walked into this nightmare, but you want to blame him for paying unemployment benefits to those who lost their jobs. Cry me a fucking river.

This is the kind or crap that drove me away from the Republican Party. You guys are just incapable of looking at reality.

If congress would get to work on jobs, jobs, jobs, we wouldn't have problems like this. We'd have lots of revenue and a high quality of life for all.

They'd rather focus on transcripts and birth certificates tho. I think it's going to take a revolution to get these assholes moving.

If your man mittens were to win, you might regret a couple of your positions. For instance, the part about getting people to work with him. You remember the record number of filibusters the Repugs have used againt Dem efforts? You ain't seen nothing if Mitt wins. Think that will help your guy do his thing?

And you want to blame Obama for everything. But Bush? It was all Nancy's fault. I guess you could say that Bush had a "leadership" problem as well eh? Just couldn't get Nancy to work with him. That is Bush's fault.

And somehow you think hiring a second tier candidate like a Romney is gonna fix what?
And of course, Mitt is whining already. Whining about his taxes and his HC plan.

And if you were to take a job that you worked hard to get and you found out that most of the people you work with are dedicated to your failure, would that be your fault fi you failed? Or would you share the blame?

Food stamps and Medicaid make up a large--and growing--chunk of the more than 100 million recipients.
What else are they counting?

well, it doesn't say it excludes unemployment insurances... which isn't welfare

it very weirdly does say it excludes earned income credit ... as if that was welfare in any way shape or form.

totally unrealiable nonsense... but no surprise from the misnamed o/p

This is unbelievable. :(

2:40 PM, AUG 8, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER

welfarechart.png

"The federal government administers nearly 80 different overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs," the Senate Budget Committee notes. However, the committee states, the figures used in the chart do not include those who are only benefiting from Social Security and/or Medicare.

Knowing how the GOP use "Fuzzy Math" I wonder how many in this count "overlap?" How many children are counted more then once, for food stamps and school lunches, for example? The one thing we can be sure of is the GOP will never give an honest account of anything!!!!

i got ya.....its comparable to the way the Democrats count the Illegals out here in their charts.....then say they did not.....

Just like the Marxists want it.

Obamanation

You really ought to look at those numbers closely. According to the chart, it shows 97 million collecting some sort of welfare before Obama took office. As of now, it shows 107 million, so a 10% increase. Interesting that the increase has only been 10% at a time when millions of people lost their jobs. Obama walked into this nightmare, but you want to blame him for paying unemployment benefits to those who lost their jobs. Cry me a fucking river.

This is the kind or crap that drove me away from the Republican Party. You guys are just incapable of looking at reality.
your right.....but you forgot to mention the other guys.....they are good at doing that too.....

Forum List

Back