Our diversity is our strength

Yup, Switzerland is cursed.

Somebody in Texas does not want to learn Spanish.

For a individual to be multilingual is a blessing, for a country to be multilingual is a curse, don't remember who said it, but it's damn sure still true.

"Diversity" can be a good thing..................

Multi-Culturalism and granting unskilled, poor, illegal immigrants rights are absurd

Dividing people up by race, ethnicity and language has been the status quo for quite a while now. And we have become more and more divided every year on a variety of race issues.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

I actually respectfully disagree. In my short lifetime alone I've seen racial tensions ease to an amazing extent. Maybe it's because I live in a tolerant place and I'm in an extremely diverse business but I feel America is becoming much more about class than race, which is a good and bad thing.

Besides giving me a wider variety of ethnic restaurants to dine at.

I can't think of a single thing that diversity has personally done for me? :cool:

Check your mitochondria and get back to us.

Dividing people up by race, ethnicity and language has been the status quo for quite a while now. And we have become more and more divided every year on a variety of race issues.

I actually respectfully disagree. In my short lifetime alone I've seen racial tensions ease to an amazing extent. Maybe it's because I live in a tolerant place and I'm in an extremely diverse business but I feel America is becoming much more about class than race, which is a good and bad thing.

We are obviously watching different things. I see one end of the political spectrum screaming "racist! racist!" at absolutely every opportunity, and making up opportunities, non-stop, every day, when anyone from the other "side" says anything about Obama, or any other liberal black. Evidently these people have convinced themselves that somehow screaming "racist" on an hourly basis is going to somehow help bring people together.

We are obviously watching different things. I see one end of the political spectrum screaming "racist! racist!" at absolutely every opportunity, and making up opportunities, non-stop, every day, when anyone from the other "side" says anything about Obama, or any other liberal black. Evidently these people have convinced themselves that somehow screaming "racist" on an hourly basis is going to somehow help bring people together.

Ah, in the end politics really don't matter. I'm talking in every day life it's getting better. My generation is conscious of race but is also conscious of respect and need for diversity. I get what you're saying, although in politics some things do come across as being racist. But it is bullshit. As I said, I'm in a very diverse business where ethnic people can play politics to get more work and more attention, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as character is what determines winners and losers. And we'll all have a beer at the end of the day together anyway. I do understand what you're saying and that element of our society is bullshit. But it's better than turning hoses on each other and burning down city blocks. We're slowly starting to get there as a peoples.

You have to go back 20 years to see anything approaching a real race riot. Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict.

Then you have to go back all the way to 1968 to see another. And back then, they were pretty regular. Watts, Chicago, Detroit...

We aren't assassinating civil rights leaders these days, either. Now we give them TV shows on 24 hour "news" channels.

No one is lynching a black man for having sex with a white woman. I know ShootSpeeders wishes he could, but still...

So race relations have MUCH improved.

Last edited:
Diversity is a good thing. We were known as the melting pot. And all segments of our society worked to get ahead. Then there came a time that the government came into play and proposed to make the field more "fair."

That hasn't turned out so well. When immgrants came with nothing but was in their suitcase and on their backs, they didn' look to the government for handouts, they worked like the devil to put food on the table and became a success because the were expected to achieve.

But when the governement picks winners and losers, we lost our identity as achievers and became the enabling state of losers and winners. The losers continue to be losers because the liberals never gave them the chance to really achieve, but gave them excuses instead.

We are "melting" trash metals in with American gold if ya ask me.... Imigrants used to want to assymilate, now they just want a hand out and a leg up.

There used to be a time when you had to prove you could support yourself before you could imigrate here. Now we advertise food stamps in Mexico...!

Diversity is perversity now.... fuck it, I dont want it anymore!

Another requirement for LEGAL immigration was the ability to speak English.

Bullshit.

The proportion of non-English-speaking immigrants peaked in 1910. In that year, nearly a third of all immigrants could not speak English (once again, excluding those born in English-speaking nations). Only 10 percent of immigrants fall in that category today, but another 20 percent report that their English skills, while existent, are poor—a category not included in the early Census enumerations.

Civic Report 59 | Measuring Immigrant Assimilation in the United States

The ability to speak English is not required until an immigrant seeks citizenship.

The reason immigrants to the United States most commonly give for not becoming citizens is the language barrier. Along with showing a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government, applicants for citizenship are required to display an ability to read, write and speak ordinary English.

http://www.uslaw.com/library/article/TNPImmigrationCol081700.html

Last edited:
Diversity is a good thing. We were known as the melting pot. And all segments of our society worked to get ahead. Then there came a time that the government came into play and proposed to make the field more "fair."

That hasn't turned out so well. When immgrants came with nothing but was in their suitcase and on their backs, they didn' look to the government for handouts, they worked like the devil to put food on the table and became a success because the were expected to achieve.

But when the governement picks winners and losers, we lost our identity as achievers and became the enabling state of losers and winners. The losers continue to be losers because the liberals never gave them the chance to really achieve, but gave them excuses instead.

We are "melting" trash metals in with American gold if ya ask me.... Imigrants used to want to assymilate, now they just want a hand out and a leg up.

There used to be a time when you had to prove you could support yourself before you could imigrate here. Now we advertise food stamps in Mexico...!

Diversity is perversity now.... fuck it, I dont want it anymore!

It still is a requirement to become a naturalized US citizen (but not a natural-born citizen).

Last edited:

You have to go back 20 years to see anything approaching a real race riot. Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict.

Then you have to go back all the way to 1968 to see another. And back then, they were pretty regular. Watts, Chicago, Detroit...

We aren't assassinating civil rights leaders these days, either. Now we give them TV shows on 24 hour "news" channels.

No one is lynching a black man for having sex with a white woman. I know ShootSpeeders wishes he could, but still...

So race relations have MUCH improved.

If Maobama is not reelected you may see your theory tested. Folks that just think they may lose benefits may get stupid. I sincerly hope I'm wrong.

Forum List

Back