Do you agree with Sessions policy decision on the war on drugs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Sessions on Drug Enforcement:

The war on drugs is a failure, it created a huge black market and criminal gangs, something our Pols should have known given the impact and example of alcohol prohibition.

Now the Attorney General wants to double down on MJ enforcement.

I voted No, primarily because :

The cost deficit of enforcement - arrest, detention, trial, attorney fees, prison or probation - far out paces the tax revenue which a state could use to provide treatment rather than punishment for drug and alcohol addicts.

I think the war on drugs is unconstitutional and regressive. The law needs to be changed.
However, we cant have the LEOs of this country picking and choosing what laws to follow.
I dont understand how people can support that bullshit. Well, they do until a law gets ignored that they support...

The war on drugs is a failure, it created a huge black market and criminal gangs, something our Pols should have known given the impact and example of alcohol prohibition.

The cost deficit of enforcement - arrest, detention, trial, attorney fees, prison or probation - far out paces the tax revenue which a state could use to provide treatment rather than punishment for drug and alcohol addicts.

See how the far left continue to rerun their debunked religious narratives?

The War on poverty is a failure as well, that is why you far left drones support the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer..

The far left could not survive in a world where people can think for themselves and be independent of the government.

You hit the nail on the head, plus the fact that the drug trade funds the criminal underground so legalization takes kids off the street and opens up legit employment while defunding the gangs. People are going to use drugs regardless, its about time we stop wasting time and money by criminalizing them and start regulating it while funding education and support. Sessions is going backwards

The War on poverty is a failure as well, that is why you far left drones support the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer..

The far left could not survive in a world where people can think for themselves and be independent of the government.
Wow, going for the deflection on the first post, thats Ballsy! How about you address the OP before you try and change the subject?

You hit the nail on the head, plus the fact that the drug trade funds the criminal underground so legalization takes kids off the street and opens up legit employment while defunding the gangs. People are going to use drugs regardless, its about time we stop wasting time and money by criminalizing them and start regulating it while funding education and support. Sessions is going backwards
So you support our LEOs picking and choosing what laws to follow?
I understand your point, and i agree, but people shouldnt decide what laws to enforce.
Get rid of the laws.

"mr officer, this person just robbed my home. I have their hands tied for you"
"sorry sir. I dont like laws against robbery. Let them go or i will arrest you for kidnapping"
:eusa_dance:

Wow, going for the deflection on the first post, thats Ballsy! How about you address the OP before you try and change the subject?

See how the far left reacts when you point out that their "wars" are failures?

The far left will always bash anything Trump. So why address someone that is a part of the far left religion and does not care about living in reality?

The far left is here to push their failed religious agenda and nothing else.

WTF? Religious narrative? What religious narrative?
WC is asking where you want your tax dollars to go: to continue a failed war on drugs or to what other advanced societies do: put the money into treatment centers which will also go hand in hand to reducing crimes that are committed in order to obtain drugs. Besides, marijuana isn't nearly as dangerous as alcohol. And alcohol is legal.

I voted yes and I think he should start with the State run cartels. He should seize the property of the growers and sellers and all taxes collected by the States. We are a nation of laws selective enforcement is not an option. You don't like a law get your congresscritters to change it.

WC is asking where you want your tax dollars to go: to continue a failed war on drugs or to what other advanced societies do: put the money into treatment centers which will also go hand in hand to reducing crimes that are committed in order to obtain drugs. Besides, marijuana isn't nearly as dangerous as alcohol. And alcohol is legal.

And the far left drone proves my point, they show they are more dangerous than ISIS.

The far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet as you prove my comments!

I think the war on drugs is unconstitutional and regressive. The law needs to be changed.
However, we cant have the LEOs of this country picking and choosing what laws to follow.
I dont understand how people can support that bullshit. Well, they do until a law gets ignored that they support...

There is no federal law on the illegality of MJ, per se; it is a regulation.

The people supported the legality of MJ in several states, first for medical needs and now for recreational use. Sessions' biases aside, LE in the many states have not enforced simple possession of MJ for years.

In fact when I first got my badge, White middle and upper class U. and college students where getting arrested for simple possession; the uproar from influential parents was loud and the legislature in CA. passed 1000 PC, drug diversion. This allowed anyone arrested for simple possession to attend a drug diversion program and have the record expunged - it also saved the parents of enormous attorney fees and the counties from expensive jury trials.

Last edited:

There is no law on the illegality of MJ, per se; it is a regulation.

The people supported the legality of MJ in several states, first for medical needs and now for recreational use. Sessions' biases aside, LE in the many states have not enforced simple possession of MJ for years.

In fact when I first got my badge, White middle and upper class U. and college students where getting arrested for simple possession; the uproar from influential parents was loud and the legislature in CA. passed 1000 PC, drug diversion. This allowed anyone arrested for simple possession to attend a drug diversion program and have the record expunged - it also saved the parents of enormous attorney fees and the counties from expensive jury trials.
Its a statute. They need to remove it from the schedule drug list. You know what i meant.
But as i said, i cant support picking and choosing what laws to enforce. Thats some tyrannical bullshit.

I understand your point, and i agree, but people shouldnt decide what laws to enforce.
Get rid of the laws.
How does states rights work if they can't make their own laws? Is it they can only make laws that are in addition to and in accordance to Federal law? That's a big can your wanting to open.

See how the far left reacts when you point out that their "wars" are failures?

The far left will always bash anything Trump. So why address someone that is a part of the far left religion and does not care about living in reality?

The far left is here to push their failed religious agenda and nothing else.
There's diversion number 2... You ever going to address the OP or are you just on a random derail and distract campaign?

Get rid of the laws.
How does states rights work if they can't make their own laws? Is it they can only make laws that are in addition to and in accordance to Federal law? That's a big can your wanting to open.
Federal law takes precedence over state law.
Im not opening a can, you are. You are sitting there openly supporting law enforcement CHOOSE what laws they should enforce.

I voted yes and I think he should start with the State run cartels. He should seize the property of the growers and sellers and all taxes collected by the States. We are a nation of laws selective enforcement is not an option. You don't like a law get your congresscritters to change it.

We are also a Republic with states rights. Thats part of our law

And the far left drone proves my point, they show they are more dangerous than ISIS.

The far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet as you prove my comments!
Diversion #3.... You're on a roll #Dupe

Get rid of the laws.
Im not opening a can, you are. You are sitting there openly supporting law enforcement CHOOSE what laws they should enforce.
Im not supporting law enforcement choosing i'm support States Rights and the MJ laws were legislated and voted on by the people. You're comparison to an officer deciding what is law is not at all an honest comparison.

Get rid of the laws.
Im not supporting law enforcement choosing i'm support States Rights and the MJ laws were legislated and voted on by the people. You're comparison to an officer deciding what is law is not at all an honest comparison.
Pot is ILLEGAL
States rights dont matter when it is FEDERAL LAW. Your argument is redundant.
I have CLEARLY stated they should do away with it. I just dont support selective enforcement of our laws like you.

Forum List

Back