Trump and his new lawyer are not on the same page about judge’s recusal

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Donald Trump blared Sunday morning that his legal team would be “immediately asking for recusal” of U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan from his latest criminal case, proclaiming (but not revealing) “very powerful grounds” for the demand.

Hours later, his attorney John Lauro would publicly walk back that plan, saying Trump was speaking with a “layman’s political sense” and reacting primarily because Chutkan was nominated to the bench by a Democrat. (She was confirmed 95-0 by the Senate in 2014 after Barack Obama nominated her).

“We haven’t made a final decision on that issue at all,” Lauro said on a podcast hosted by Florida defense attorney David Markus. “I think as lawyers we have to be very careful of those issues and handle them with the utmost delicacy.”

“I have a responsibility, certainly, as an officer of the court to conduct the proceedings in a dignified manner, and I will do that at all times,” Lauro added. “To the extent that I can make any appropriate suggestions to a client, I do. But as we know, David, sometimes clients follow our suggestions, sometimes they don’t.”

Poor lawyer. Not only does he have a losing case but a loose cannon for a client. Hope he got his fees paid upfront.

Donald Trump blared Sunday morning that his legal team would be “immediately asking for recusal” of U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan from his latest criminal case, proclaiming (but not revealing) “very powerful grounds” for the demand.

Hours later, his attorney John Lauro would publicly walk back that plan, saying Trump was speaking with a “layman’s political sense” and reacting primarily because Chutkan was nominated to the bench by a Democrat. (She was confirmed 95-0 by the Senate in 2014 after Barack Obama nominated her).

“We haven’t made a final decision on that issue at all,” Lauro said on a podcast hosted by Florida defense attorney David Markus. “I think as lawyers we have to be very careful of those issues and handle them with the utmost delicacy.”

“I have a responsibility, certainly, as an officer of the court to conduct the proceedings in a dignified manner, and I will do that at all times,” Lauro added. “To the extent that I can make any appropriate suggestions to a client, I do. But as we know, David, sometimes clients follow our suggestions, sometimes they don’t.”

Poor lawyer. Not only does he have a losing case but a loose cannon for a client. Hope he got his fees paid upfront.
Yeah, poor lawyer making millions to research and speak and will collect many more high profile clients just for having his name out there. If the trial is televised, he probably make tens of millions more over his career.

Any Dem nominated judge should be automatically disqualified.
‘Even before Trump’s latest comments, Trump’s hack-and-slash attacks at adversaries — real and perceived — seemed guaranteed to create headaches for his legal team. His broad Friday night Truth Social post, vowing “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!,” prompted prosecutors to alert Chutkan to a potentially ominous threat. Trump later denied he was referencing anyone connected to his criminal cases.’ ibid

Trump is his own worst enemy; Trump has only himself to blame.

Loose cannon? It's worse than that. This is what dementia looks like.

Great news - thanks for sharing. :)

Sounds like Trump has a fine, sober lawyer defending him against this vicious Nazi-like witch hunt by the psychopathic Democrats.

YES, it is.

Donald Trump Trump Empire Deodorant Stick for Men 2.5 oz

https://www.walmart.com › ... › Mens Bath and Body

View attachment 812655
Donald Trump Trump Empire Deodorant Stick for Men 2.5 oz. USD$7.99. You save $0.00. (5.0) ...

Teabaggers are SO gullible.
The white race in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland and the United States is gullible. not for dignity of other people in the world, but for many of their own selling them out for pure power and riches. And when the times comes, to reduce the population as global suffering increases due to it.

Forum List

Back