On-line dating

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
Just out of curiosity, has anyone here tried it?

Personally, I have not but have been noticing a lot more people that I know have been having a lot of fun with people they have met at plenty-of-fish etc.

It depends, just don't feel too secure because it's not that different from picking up anonymous people at bars. There's a "results may vary" clause to it like all forms.

I like the forum at plenty of fish, they're kind of funny to read sometimes. It's almost always the same 'we were getting along so well when all of a sudden I didn't hear from him and then 6 months later he e-mails me.......should I give him another chance?' :lol:

I've never experienced online dating but talking to others that have -- they say watch out because people lie about their age, exaggerate about their height, and lowball on their weight. Now isn't that a nice way to start a relationship.

I've never experienced online dating but talking to others that have -- they say watch out because people lie about their age, exaggerate about their height, and lowball on their weight. Now isn't that a nice way to start a relationship.

What a bunch of idiots, I only lie about my income.

What a bunch of idiots, I only lie about my income.

Do you say you make more or less?

Personally, I have not but have been noticing a lot more people that I know have been having a lot of fun with people they have met at plenty-of-fish etc.
Well, for years I always said I would never do it, how depressing to have to stoop to that. Then...............
:lol::redface:, I did Yahoo Personals 2 summers ago when my fiancee (now ex) and I broke up.

I met some nice guys from there. I would always talk to them first on the computer, then the phone, then if no alarms or bells went off, would meet them for a drink in a public place. I would NEVER let them know where I lived btw.

Anyway, they always turned out to be what they said they were, and looked how their pic looked too. I guess I got lucky. I dated some for 4-5 dates, then I got back with my fiancee.

Now I'm single again, but not interested in the online thing again. But if you want to try it, I say "Go for it!"

Well, for years I always said I would never do it, how depressing to have to stoop to that. Then...............
:lol::redface:, I did Yahoo Personals 2 summers ago when my fiancee (now ex) and I broke up.

I met some nice guys from there. I would always talk to them first on the computer, then the phone, then if no alarms or bells went off, would meet them for a drink in a public place. I would NEVER let them know where I lived btw.

Anyway, they always turned out to be what they said they were, and looked how their pic looked too. I guess I got lucky. I dated some for 4-5 dates, then I got back with my fiancee.

Now I'm single again, but not interested in the online thing again. But if you want to try it, I say "Go for it!"

I don't think there's any stigma attached to online dating. People's lives are so freakin' busy that for many this is only choice. But it's great that you take precautions.

Supposedly even millionaires have trouble finding mates according to "The Millionaire Matchmaker." :lol:

Your story is what i've been hearing a lot. A few of my friends met some decent people they remained friends with, later. Even though I don't really think there is anything wrong with it, I'm not really thinking about trying it. I was just curious about what others thought of it.

Fine, be that way.
I won't make you lucky.

ok-wink.gif

Forum List

Back