OMG Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Stimulates the Economy

Backing off the "Unemployment stimulates the economy" claim so soon?

"...to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them...Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink"
No one has ever claimed that "unemployment" stimulates the economy. I can't back off of a claim I hsven't made.

Quit talking about unemployment when the claim was unemployment insurance.

mincing words wont make you correct
Who minced words, other than you right wingers...

YOU are the ones mincing words....YOU left out unemployment insurance, you LEFT OUT Unemployment compensation, YOU left out the 2 words that were highlighted......and just use the minced version on "unemployment" ....so, WHY is that? Why do YOU mince the words said? Just to give more Obama HATE drama?

The latest Democratic doublespeak is that "unemployment (insurance) stimulates the economy". So under this bizzarroland economic theory the best economy would be one with a 100% unemployment rate.

Moreove why is Obama bragging about "lowering" unemployment to 8.3%, isn't a decrease bad? Wont it lead to higher unemployment?
Verses what? No unemployment compensation given for those laid off?

OF COURSE paying out unemployment compensation to those that have been laid off stimulates the economy MORE than if those unemployed were given NOTHING in compensation.

Are you really THAT much of a silly goose to Not see this....?

I am stunned when I realize how ASSbackwards liberal policies are.

It frightens me that they are this brain dead that they believe that Bank ATMs hurt the economy but unemployment stimulates the economy

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them...Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

No one has ever claimed that "unemployment" stimulates the economy. I can't back off of a claim I hsven't made.

YOU are the ones mincing words....YOU left out unemployment insurance, you LEFT OUT Unemployment compensation, YOU left out the 2 words that were highlighted......and just use the minced version on "unemployment" ....so, WHY is that? Why do YOU mince the words said? Just to give more Obama HATE drama?

Obama Hate?

OMFG

You people are scaring me! Do you have any of your old thinking self left anywhere deep inside?

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them... Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

Verses what? No unemployment compensation given for those laid off?

OF COURSE paying out unemployment compensation to those that have been laid off stimulates the economy MORE than if those unemployed were given NOTHING in compensation.

Are you really THAT much of a silly goose to Not see this....?

I can see it. But that ain't very good as a selling point IMHO.
True.

thats not the point imho, its a safety net, a temporary payment to help maintain base sustenance, we pay or that is the co. we work for pays into a state pool for UE insurance.

the fed. kicks in too, it has not nor ever has been classified as an economic driver and anyone who is classifying it this way deserves all the derision that they get, becasue they are mischaracterizing the payments to fit a political slant.

anything is always better than nothing when ti comes to money, we know this.

BUT it is a transfer payment and those funds in the state UE bucket have been exhausted long ago, meaning its being funded via present tax dollars taken in ( and raising UE tax on biz) , which means something else is going without OR they are borrowing it.....thats why Transfer payments are a net loss and always have been to the economy at large.

Nahh... no matter how you spin it, folks on unemployment ANYTHING dont stimulate the economy.... they are barely getting by. They dont eat out.... they dont buy new cars.... they dont buy new homes.... and they dont pay taxes!

Nahh... no matter how you spin it, folks on unemployment ANYTHING dont stimulate the economy.... they are barely getting by. They dont eat out.... they dont buy new cars.... they dont buy new homes.... and they dont pay taxes!

Umm unemployment benefits ARE taxed.
and all those benefits roll right back into the economy unlike letting the already wealthy keep more of their "gambling" gains.

so you think paying taxes stimulates the economy? (make note)

unemployment compensation is used to pay rent, pay the electric, pay the heating oil, pay for food, pay your car insurance bill, pay for gasoline for the hunt for a job etc etc etc....OF COURSE it adds to the economy, and much more so than if the unemployed were not compensated at all....

seriously, how could you think otherwise Infidel?

Following the democrat line of reasoning, the most stimulating to the economy is the common street thief. He steals money from one person (thereby depriving them of spending their own money) and spends it creating consumerism. What democrats object to, is that instead of spending, a person may choose to save it. Maybe he wants a car, or a house, or a new washer/dryer. That's not his choice to make, it is the choice of the thief, no matter whether that thief is in a dark alley or a government office.

and all those benefits roll right back into the economy unlike letting the already wealthy keep more of their "gambling" gains.

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them... Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

If crusaderfrank has a degree in finance he hides it well. If he does my perception of him as one of the dumbest and foolish member of the echo chamber may be wrong - he simply may suffer from a mental illness. But, I digress.

Those collecting unemployment had been employed. It is not paid to those who never worked, nor to those not seeking employment. Because of the fiscal mismanagement of the Congress and the failure of the executive branch to regulate, our economy tanked in Oct. 2008. Too many Americans through no fault of their own suffered a devastating economic crisis.

Fools and liars (Hi Frank) continue the drum beat of ain't it awful the sky is falling and it's all Obama's fault. Fools and liars hope to restore the same incompetence next November which exacerbated years of fiscal mismanagement under GWB and a Congress which saw no limit on spending while cutting taxes.

Following the democrat line of reasoning, the most stimulating to the economy is the common street thief. He steals money from one person (thereby depriving them of spending their own money) and spends it creating consumerism. What democrats object to, is that instead of spending, a person may choose to save it. Maybe he wants a car, or a house, or a new washer/dryer. That's not his choice to make, it is the choice of the thief, no matter whether that thief is in a dark alley or a government office.

:clap2:

Huh? Do you have these lapses of reality often?

If crusaderfrank has a degree in finance he hides it well. If he does my perception of him as one of the dumbest and foolish member of the echo chamber may be wrong - he simply may suffer from a mental illness. But, I digress.

Those collecting unemployment had been employed. It is not paid to those who never worked, nor to those not seeking employment. Because of the fiscal mismanagement of the Congress and the failure of the executive branch to regulate, our economy tanked in Oct. 2008. Too many Americans through no fault of their own suffered a devastating economic crisis.

Fools and liars (Hi Frank) continue the drum beat of ain't it awful the sky is falling and it's all Obama's fault. Fools and liars hope to restore the same incompetence next November which exacerbated years of fiscal mismanagement under GWB and a Congress which saw no limit on spending while cutting taxes.

Your side believes that bank ATM's and airport kiosks hurt the economy and unemployment stimulates the economy. It's not just wrong, it's insane

You really gotta marvel at the USMB Right Wing Nut Brigade's ability put up a crooked frame and insist it's level and then when someone actually levels it, retilt it and pretend nothing happened.

You really gotta marvel at the USMB Right Wing Nut Brigade's ability put up a crooked frame and insist it's level and then when someone actually levels it, retilt it and pretend nothing happened.

Do bank ATM's hurt the economy?

Does unemployment stimulate the economy?

can you explain? I have not the foggiest idea what you are talking about..:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back