OMG Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Stimulates the Economy

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
I have no words except heaven help us.::eusa_pray: What a freaking economic policy!!!

White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett has adopted a stance on unemployment that is sure to infuriate many, arguing that it stimulates the economy because people who receive unemployment checks are going out and spending them, reports The Weekly Standard.

Here's another gem

“People who receive that unemployment check go out and spend it and help stimulate the economy, so that’s healthy as well,”

Valerie Jarrett: 'People Who Receive that Unemployment Check Go Out and Spend It and Help Stimulate the Economy' | The Weekly Standard

It does "stimulate" the economy more than giving more money to already rich people.

Neither one really stimulates the economy though.

I have no words except heaven help us.::eusa_pray: What a freaking economic policy!!!

White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett has adopted a stance on unemployment that is sure to infuriate many, arguing that it stimulates the economy because people who receive unemployment checks are going out and spending them, reports The Weekly Standard.

Here's another gem

“People who receive that unemployment check go out and spend it and help stimulate the economy, so that’s healthy as well,”

Valerie Jarrett: 'People Who Receive that Unemployment Check Go Out and Spend It and Help Stimulate the Economy' | The Weekly Standard

She is the same Bitch that did everything she could to avoid getting Bin laden.

Thank you again Leon.......

It does "stimulate" the economy more than giving more money to already rich people.

Neither one really stimulates the economy though.

How much liberal crack do you smoke per day? Seriously?

On a basic level it's true that giving people money will stimulate the economy as people will go out and spend that money. The problem is that by paying people not to work, you're not creating any wealth. You're just redistributing it by taking away from the people who work and giving that money to the people who don't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Yeh...Princess Nancy thought having so many people collecting unemployment checks really wasn't
a bad thing.She was saying every dollar spent on unemployment benefits brought twice that amount back into the economy.She had a big ass smile on her face when she said it too,like she was so proud of this
President and his handling of the economy.

She said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, which is self-evident. What is interesting is the degree to which it is so (table 5, http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/Policy-Prescriptions-20110826.pdf). They have a multiplier of 1.55, nearly the highest. Among the lowest? A pathetic multiplier of .32 (not 1.32) for corporate tax cuts.

So will a decrease in unemployment hurt the economy and cause an increase in unemployment?

No. There is a certain cyclical nature to unemployment, so that periods of high unemployment tend to follow periods of low unemployment, but I wouldn't characterize that as causal.

She said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, which is self-evident. What is interesting is the degree to which it is so (*removed URL since I can't post with it in*). They have a multiplier of 1.55, nearly the highest. The lowest? A pathetic multiplier of .32 (not 1.32) for corporate tax cuts.

If I produce a dollar that didn't exist before, give it to you and you go out and spend it, you've stimulated the economy. If I take away a dollar from someone else who would have spent it, give that dollar to you and you go out and spend it, then nothing has changed, as all I've changed is who spends that dollar. The economy is no better off as no new wealth has been generated.

She said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, which is self-evident. What is interesting is the degree to which it is so (*removed URL since I can't post with it in*). They have a multiplier of 1.55, nearly the highest. The lowest? A pathetic multiplier of .32 (not 1.32) for corporate tax cuts.

If I produce a dollar that didn't exist before, give it to you and you go out and spend it, you've stimulated the economy. If I take away a dollar from someone else who would have spent it, give that dollar to you and you go out and spend it, then nothing has changed, as all I've changed is who spends that dollar. The economy is no better off as no new wealth has been generated.

I couldn't disagree more. According to the Moody's analysis I cited, if I take a dollar out of the Bush tax cuts and put it into unemployment benefits, the net increase in the economy is $1.23.

One can argue about whether a particular transfer payment will stimulate the economy and to what degree, but I think it is clear that transfer payments in general can grow (or shrink) the economy.

Obama can present Progressive the most absurd, contradictory, mutually exclusive premises and they will accept it without thought or question.

When in your adult life have you ever heard the stupid, asinine statement that "Unemployment stimulates the economy"?

It's Obama's offering for his Fluffers, and they eat it up like it was candy

She said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, which is self-evident. What is interesting is the degree to which it is so (table 5, http://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/Policy-Prescriptions-20110826.pdf). They have a multiplier of 1.55, nearly the highest. Among the lowest? A pathetic multiplier of .32 (not 1.32) for corporate tax cuts.

So will a decrease in unemployment hurt the economy and cause an increase in unemployment?

No. There is a certain cyclical nature to unemployment, so that periods of high unemployment tend to follow periods of low unemployment, but I wouldn't characterize that as causal.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about

Holy shit we should just cue twilight zone music because people are defending her economic philosophy.

This is a level of insanity we've not witnessed before. :lol: Worse yet, Jarrett is Obama's right hand "man" so to speak.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back