OMG Valerie Jarrett: Unemployment Stimulates the Economy

The latest Democratic doublespeak is that "unemployment (insurance) stimulates the economy". So under this bizzarroland economic theory the best economy would be one with a 100% unemployment rate.

Moreove why is Obama bragging about "lowering" unemployment to 8.3%, isn't a decrease bad? Wont it lead to higher unemployment?

See, just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's wrong or nonsensical. So I'll explain using small words.

If someone is unemployed, they have no income. If they have no income, they can't spend it, which means other businesses and people don't get income which means more people get laid off. No it's not really that simple, but that's the basics.
But if the unemployed receive UI bfnefits, it not only helps them, but also puts money into the economy.
Obviously that's not a good idea in the long run, but as a short run minimization it certainly works.

wft are drooling about? unemployment is paid for by peeps who are still working and shrinking exp while we play Keynesian failed policies.

just crab the ankles and talk out of your orificesssss. try a butttrumpit extension.
Can you try that again, in English, Russian, French, or German? Or perhaps just full sentences with complete ideas.

The latest Democratic doublespeak is that "unemployment (insurance) stimulates the economy". So under this bizzarroland economic theory the best economy would be one with a 100% unemployment rate.

Moreove why is Obama bragging about "lowering" unemployment to 8.3%, isn't a decrease bad? Wont it lead to higher unemployment?

See, just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's wrong or nonsensical. So I'll explain using small words.

If someone is unemployed, they have no income. If they have no income, they can't spend it, which means other businesses and people don't get income which means more people get laid off. No it's not really that simple, but that's the basics.
But if the unemployed receive UI bfnefits, it not only helps them, but also puts money into the economy.
Obviously that's not a good idea in the long run, but as a short run minimization it certainly works.

So would you say that the USA had a hyperstimulated economy from 1933 until Hitlers conquest of France in 1940 where unemployment never dipped below 14% and averaged a tick under 20%?

Doublethink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Slippery Slope Fallacy
This logical fallacy is the argument that a position is not consistent or tenable because accepting the position means that the extreme of the position must also be accepted. But moderate positions do not necessarily lead down the slippery slope to the extreme.

source

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself -- that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink"

Please tell me you are not serious.

Bleach is used in hospitals to kill germs. So when you have the flu, you should drink a cup of bleach. It will kill the flu germs.

You believe that unemployment stimulates the economy?

"...to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them"

So would you say that the USA had a hyperstimulated economy from 1933 until Hitlers conquest of France in 1940 where unemployment never dipped below 14% and averaged a tick under 20%?

No I would not say that, nor could it be reasonably inferred from what I said.

Backing off the "Unemployment stimulates the economy" claim so soon?

"...to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them...Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink"

"...to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them...Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink"
No one has ever claimed that "unemployment" stimulates the economy. I can't back off of a claim I hsven't made.

Quit talking about unemployment when the claim was unemployment insurance.

No one has ever claimed that "unemployment" stimulates the economy. I can't back off of a claim I hsven't made.

The Obama Administration and Speaker Pelosi both made that claim

Verses what? No unemployment compensation given for those laid off?

OF COURSE paying out unemployment compensation to those that have been laid off stimulates the economy MORE than if those unemployed were given NOTHING in compensation.

Are you really THAT much of a silly goose to Not see this....?

OF COURSE paying out unemployment compensation to those that have been laid off stimulates the economy MORE than if those unemployed were given NOTHING in compensation.

I can see it. But that ain't very good as a selling point IMHO.

True.

I am stunned when I realize how ASSbackwards liberal policies are.

True.

No offense intended Care4all.... it just makes no sense to me.

mincing words wont make you correct

EffectsOfPolicyOptionsonEmployment.png

I am stunned when I realize how ASSbackwards liberal policies are.
What's so ass backwards about it?

Unemployment compensation given to those that are laid off, puts more in to the economy than giving them NO U/E compensation, near every dollar of the compensation goes in to the economy....

I don't see what's ass backwards on that....? Can you go in to detail on what you meant by your comment? Pretty please...

Care

The Obama Administration and Speaker Pelosi both made that claim

No, they didn't. They were talking about Unemployment INSURANCE.

Yes, I'm a silly goose. Must be. How did I spend my entire adult life and not realize that people collecting unemployment stimulated the economy? I'm going to ask for a refund for my Finance Degree and hand money back to Stephen M Ross for hiring me as his first financial analyst.

"To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them.... Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

You Democrats are Zombies, mindless Zombies

Forum List

Back