[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Regardless, clicking a link to a post, copied from a post #, should take you to that post no matter what device or browser you are using.
You linked it wrong. No matter what device your on that link will not take you to Regents posts. My example above is the proper way to do that

@cereal_killer
So what is the proper way to link for bookmarking? I've been clicking on the post number, copying the URL that shows up in the box, then replace current URL with copied URL, then I click on Bookmark and on add bookmark, I then click on "add" - (only after I've made sure I was in the right Bookmark folder and typed in a name for this new bookmark).

Sometimes it takes me directly to the bookmarked post, and other times it just takes me to the page where the bookmarked post is located. Is there a different/better way to bookmark?

Exactly the way you just did it Mertex BUT make sure to edit the bookmark before saving it so that it reflects the proper URL.

It won't bookmark the post when you do it your way. It bookmarks the page. You have to copy and past it into the actual bookmark. Make sense?

It won't bookmark the post when you do it your way. It bookmarks the page. You have to copy and past it into the actual bookmark. Make sense?

Okay.....I'll try that next time. I guess sometimes the post I was bookmarking might have been at the top of page, why it took me straight to it, and I thought it was only working some of the time.

Okay.....I'll try that next time. I guess sometimes the post I was bookmarking might have been at the top of page, why it took me straight to it, and I thought it was only working some of the time.
Yes, whatever link is sitting in your post/bookmark is what is going to direct users to the proper spot. If it doesn't then the link is wrong

Regardless, clicking a link to a post, copied from a post #, should take you to that post no matter what device or browser you are using.
You linked it wrong. No matter what device your on that link will not take you to Regents posts. My example above is the proper way to do that
Linked it wrong? Fairly impossible. I put the cursor over the post number, right-clicked, and chose "Copy Link Location".

I just did it again for your post that I am now replying to:

OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE Help and Bug Thread Page 18 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The only difference is this one was done on Firefox and the previous one on Chrome.

I just went back to #1711:

OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE Help and Bug Thread Page 18 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

and clicked the link again, and it takes me straight to regent's post. Here's that link, although I've added an asterisk right before page-5, so that the forum software doesn't parse the string:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/ken-burns-roosevelt-documentary.377212/*page-5#post-9864899

Note that it ends in a post number, like it should.

When I click on your link above ....page-5#post-9864899 it takes me to this (with or without the asterisk.)

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum - Error

Forum List

Back