[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

did anyone else notice a gateway error 502 earlier today?

Yes, they did a software upgrade. The site was on 502 for a few minutes and then the upgrade page came up and then about ten minutes later the site was back up.

The one thing you should all be p*ssed-off about is the fact that us OPs can't Edit our openers or, more importantly, our Thread Titles, two-three hours after posting! This should be changed simply because Breaking News stories change whilst threads are on the forum and we need to be able to show such changes to news stories in our titles — sometimes 24 hours later...

I didn't get much support for my idea last time, however it was probably a busy day for many of you so I'll see if anyone concurs today...

supporting members are suppose to have 5 hours to edit - as mentioned before that does not work either, and if you notice after posting the amount of time indicated from when posted increases exponentially where if you posted 5 minutes ago the site says it was an hour + ....

Edit: time 5:05 - we'll see if I can edit later this evening - should be good till 10:05.
^ Today at 5:04 PM

Edit: time 5:05 - we'll see if I can edit later this evening - should be good till 10:05.

it's 9:07 and not allowed to edit the previous post - no 5 hrs. - if it matters to anyone.

Poor Synth.... Just doesn't get the guys he wants to leave.... to leave.
Oh, I wouldn't want you to leave permanently, Ropey.

But could you go plant trees in Israel for a few months?

I can do both.

While you can complain about me being here and there. I'm ok with you being here and don't need you to leave.

Tough luck synth. You just don't seem to get what you want... but if you try sometime, you may just get what you need.

:cool:

mick_jagger.jpg

- Apologies to Mick.

How come the link works for you and me, but not for House?

The link works fine for me, as in taking me to the topic. However, since it appears to be a link directly to a post, that bit is broken.

Me neither. It takes me to a post by PoliticalChic....and I scrolled down and didn't see a post by regent.
Thats because it's not linked to a post. The link below will take you directly to regents post:

Ken Burns Roosevelt Documentary Page 27 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Regardless, clicking a link to a post, copied from a post #, should take you to that post no matter what device or browser you are using.
You linked it wrong. No matter what device your on that link will not take you to Regents posts. My example above is the proper way to do that

The one thing you should all be p*ssed-off about is the fact that us OPs can't Edit our openers or, more importantly, our Thread Titles, two-three hours after posting! This should be changed simply because Breaking News stories change whilst threads are on the forum and we need to be able to show such changes to news stories in our titles — sometimes 24 hours later...

I didn't get much support for my idea last time, however it was probably a busy day for many of you so I'll see if anyone concurs today...

supporting members are suppose to have 5 hours to edit - as mentioned before that does not work either, and if you notice after posting the amount of time indicated from when posted increases exponentially where if you posted 5 minutes ago the site says it was an hour + ....

^ Today at 5:04 PM

it's 9:07 and not allowed to edit the previous post - no 5 hrs. - if it matters to anyone.

@BreezeWood its been fixed....thanks for the heads up

Just got a new tablet. Tried to log in with it but my username and/or password got rejected. Tried several times, ensuring I had them right. Then logged in with a laptop, same username, same password, and got in OK. The tablet DID get a header pushing "Tapatalk" - is that somehow REQUIRED to use the board on a tablet? Any other ideas?

Forum List

Back