[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

So, there is no way to change the order of posts in threads either? This is awful. Why did you do this "upgrade" if there is no upgrade. Go back to the old forum.

Correct, at this time, with this software there is no way to do it. Perhaps in the future, I know it is a requested feature -- but not at this time.

The version of VB that we were using has been discontinued for about 2 years now... maybe more.

People would complain about going from VB3 to VB4.

People would REALLY complain about going from VB4 to VB5 -- which is the new version, as VB5 is an abomination. So after we did that, we would end up on Xenforo anyway.

So we'll go with one layer of complaints (VB3 -> Xenforo) as opposed to 3 layers of complaints via the VB3 -> VB4 -> VB5 -> Xenforo route.

Indeed VB4 is bad and VB5 is worse, coming from someone that owns a legal copy of them.

Let me know if you are able to delete your conversations now please.

It works for me now as well on my primary browser w/o dropping cache or cookies.

How do we edit our posts? Cuz if we can't, that is another area of major suckage.

How do we edit our posts? Cuz if we can't, that is another area of major suckage.

Click the text that says "EDIT" on any of your posts, it's in the same column under your username, on the bottom of the post.

I, for one, like the new format. It will take some getting used to, but all the butthurt being paraded around so freely here is beyond ridiculous.

Good move, CK. Thank you for switching to this glorious new software.
Thanks! Once everyone gets settled in I think most people will be pleased with the upgrade.

Love the look. Not too sure about the functionality. People generally hate change, until they get used to the new ways...
Thanks Grump...keep poking around at all the 'new" features and settings. It will help you to understand that its not that much a departure from what you are used to (vBulletin)

I want to officially lodge the first complaint about whatever changes happen next. You heard it here first. ( insert appropriate smiley )

So I guess for me, I just have to learn where our reputation went. Mine used to outnumber my post count. Now I see Like received, Trophy Points, and Ratings.

What do those three numbers in Ratings mean?
ummm..... you joined what? Two entire months ago? I wouldn't sweat your gargantuan reputation here just yet.

The white background is really bright, especially so after typing a reply that's white lettering on a dark blue background (love that!). Until such time as the mod squad at usmb provides a more soothing skin, if you lower the brightness of your computer just a bit, it tones down the brightness of that white background making it easier on the eyes. (Fn key and the down arrow once did it for me).

Forum List

Back