[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

cereal_killer
I've occasionally been seeing empty posts. Sometimes quoting someone else that only contain the original content. This one is from Harry Dresden. Even using the BB code editor in the reply box shows no image code. Could you check this out? (firefox/Linux)
Harry! Did you write something here? All I see is dweeb's post in italics.
what post number?....
it was a photo.....this one.....hope it works for you Ernie...
Nope. Not seeing code for it in the reply box either
It's probably because you're an idiot!

Just kidding, Ernie. That's often the standard answer.

He has not made many friends here.

Ernie, what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness... does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ernie, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it. There. Now we can be friends again.

kilmer.png

I love that movie!

He has not made many friends here.

Ernie, what an ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness... does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ernie, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it. There. Now we can be friends again.

kilmer.png

I love that movie!
I love it too. That, along with a couple lines said by Mr Killmer in the flick is the reason I named the bar Doc Holliday's
Tombstone plays 4 or 5 times a week on the blue ray.

And I was not talking to you in that remark, Synthia.

Tonight I tried to post 2 pictures. I went and grabbed the Image address, came back and posted it, did a preview and it was great. Went back up to the internet to get another picture, and when I came back, my comment was there but my first picture was gone. So, I posted the second picture, came out great, went back up to retrieve the address for the first picture, came back to my thread, and again my comment was there, but my second picture was gone! What is going on? I know some people have posted more than one picture in one of their posts. I even saved the draft by using the button to the right of the left arrow (4th item from the last one on the menu above) but still could only have one picture.

What is the proper procedure to use when you are posting and go up to the internet to grab an article or picture? When I come back my comment is gone, but if I hit "show the previous page arrow on my computer menu line" and go down to where one posts, I then have to click on more options and then my comments appear. Why do they disappear when I come back and I have to go looking for them? Also, they then appear sometimes when I'm responding to someone else???:dunno::crybaby:

I must be doing it wrong?

cereal_killer

Tonight I tried to post 2 pictures. I went and grabbed the Image address, came back and posted it, did a preview and it was great. Went back up to the internet to get another picture, and when I came back, my comment was there but my first picture was gone. So, I posted the second picture, came out great, went back up to retrieve the address for the first picture, came back to my thread, and again my comment was there, but my second picture was gone! What is going on? I know some people have posted more than one picture in one of their posts. I even saved the draft by using the button to the right of the left arrow (4th item from the last one on the menu above) but still could only have one picture.

What is the proper procedure to use when you are posting and go up to the internet to grab an article or picture? When I come back my comment is gone, but if I hit "show the previous page arrow on my computer menu line" and go down to where one posts, I then have to click on more options and then my comments appear. Why do they disappear when I come back and I have to go looking for them? Also, they then appear sometimes when I'm responding to someone else???:dunno::crybaby:

cereal_killer
Retrieve your images in another browser tab. That way your post will be unmolested by visiting a second or 3rd page.

cereal_killer
When you hot link images there's a risk of them being 'disabled'. Some people don't allow their images to be hot linked and that's probably what happened in your case.

cereal_killer
When you hot link images there's a risk of them being 'disabled'. Some people don't allow their images to be hot linked and that's probably what happened in your case.
Can you look into the empty message issue a few posts back?

Mertex

With Synth?

It will always be under the rug. Where the stuff is swept.

;)

cereal_killer

I sometimes have trouble trying to upload a pix when it is in response to another poster who has a pix but I somehow suspect that might have some weirdness related to adblock at issue.

Forum List

Back