Occupy Will Eclipse the Activism of the 1960s

Next post will be a tribute to human flesh eating.
Let's start with real crimes.
What are your thoughts on illegal foreclosures?(for the second time, but who's counting?)

"ForeclosureGate represents the sum total illegal and unethical lending and collections activities during the real estate bubble.

"It continues today. Law professor and law school dean Christopher L. Peterson describes the contractual language for the sixty million contracts between borrowers and lenders as fictional since the boilerplate language names a universal surrogate as creditor (Mortgage Electronic Registration System), not the actual creditor.

"Other aspects of ForeclosureGate harmed homeowners but the contractual problems that the lenders created on their own pose the greatest threats."

Are you with Occupy or Wall Street on this one?

Beyond Foreclosuregate - It Gets Uglier

I am with Sanity on this one. Just because a Professor says it's "illegal" does not make it so.

What's your solution? To simply tell the lenders sorry your fucked you don't get your money, and you can't take the property back either?

lol

Please people, try and remain rational.
Are you rational enough to answer the $7 trillion question?
Or maybe you don't care how much the rich steal...

"I suppose it is now safe to reveal that a staffer of Representative Marcy Kaptur put me on the trail of this fraud—in dollar terms it has to be the single biggest fraud in human history. In sheer utter disregard for law it is certainly the most audacious fraud in Western history.

"To tell the truth, I had never heard of MERS until she called. If you recall the Michael Moore movie, Rep Kaptur stood on the steps and told homeowners facing foreclosure to stay in their homes. She was right: the banksters have no legal claim on the homes they are foreclosing.

'Foreclosure is theft.

"Any bank that used MERS has no legal claim on property—there are 65 million such mortgages to which no bank has a legal claim to foreclose.

EconoMonitor : Great Leap Forward » THE $7 TRILLION DOLLAR QUESTION THAT HAUNTS BANKS: When Will the Obama Administration Recognize that MERS Destroyed the Chain of Title Making All Foreclosures Suspect?

The knee-jerk reflex of most conservatives to curtsy before the rich bears little resemblance to anything " (l)ogically sound; not contradictory or otherwise absurd."

rational - Wiktionary

Keep the Occutards occupied.

Tell them there's an important rally in the various local town squares at noon.

Then tell them to "Bring tambourines!"

Drum circles do it for me, that always really gets my attention and changes my whole outlook on life.

Do you have any idea of "Foreclosuregate"?

"The surface scandal is about fraudulent business practices and a systematic assault on homeowners by lenders, servicers, and the legal system. A much broader picture must be viewed in order to understand the utter contempt that the ruling elite has toward citizens and the depraved tactics used to express that contempt, all to serve endless desire to accumulate more money and power."

Unless you're among the ruling elite, you might want to get ahead of this curve before it's too late.
A 500 year-old Ponzi scheme based on the private creation of money at interest may be about the blow up.
Occupy and Wall Street both recognize that much.
Why don't you?
Did you ever consider the problem might be people who accept loans they have no business accepting as a rule if you only bring in 50,000 a year taking out a loan for a 200,000 dollar house is a disaster in the making let's no forget those who took adjustable rate mortgages and never considered the down side of that. The use of common sense can make most problems very easy to avoid more people should try it.

Exactly, these people want to absolve the Buyers of any responsibility and label them as Victims, and then simply Take the Property of the Lenders and give it to the Buyers.

It's fucking crazy, it's the rantings of the Far left, and it's nothing new. They have just seized this Crisis to take up their old fight again.

Kill the rich, feed them to the Poor, and all that.

Sad silly little simple minded Useful Idiot tools of the Far left is all they are.

So sad, I can't hate them, I have to feel sorry for them instead.
The lenders were engaged in a systematic effort to defraud tens of millions of home buyers by creating an epidemic of mortgage fraud the FBI began warning about in 2004. 90% of the fraud was coming from lenders who deliberately sought out buyers they knew would be unable to repay their loans.

Securitization was the reason why this "business" model worked, and MERS was created by the lenders, with help from their government enablers, to deliberately destroy the chain of title, thereby making all foreclosures suspect.

What makes most conservatives uncomfortable with speaking truth to power?
Is their morality dependent upon obedience or empathy?
Get off your knees, it makes you look like chicken-shit...

EconoMonitor : Great Leap Forward » THE $7 TRILLION DOLLAR QUESTION THAT HAUNTS BANKS: When Will the Obama Administration Recognize that MERS Destroyed the Chain of Title Making All Foreclosures Suspect?

Keep the Occutards occupied.

Tell them there's an important rally in the various local town squares at noon.

Then tell them to "Bring tambourines!"
Bring Charles and David wearing flag pins in their lapels.
Why does you suppose conservatives suck up to power?
Too many "hugs" in their formative years...

Are you ready for Wall Street meets Jim Crow in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Occupy is.

"A tsunami of citizen activism, initiated by Occupy Wall Street, is poised to wash over American society.

"The coming battle to correct the grotesquely unequal distribution of wealth and power in this country is likely to have an even more profound impact on our society than what occurred in the 1960s.

"Fifty years ago, a few white students like me were outraged to find that the sugarcoated view of America we had been taught in the 50s did not match reality.

"The notions of justice and human rights we had internalized motivated our actions, and as idealists, we opposed the Jim Crow laws in the South and the needless killing in Southeast Asia.

"Young activists taking to the streets today harbor no illusions about justice in America. They are cynical, worldly wise and unemployed; many are weighed down by debt..."

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

The Aftermath of Occupy Will Surpass the Gains of 1960s Activism

This is meant as a joke right? This Occupy movement is totally insignificant.
The joke's on slaves like you.

"Journalist Chris Hedges put in an appearance at the Occupy Wall Street protest on Sunday morning and engaged in a lengthy interview, during which he described the protest as 'really where the hope of America lies.'

"Hedges was particularly impressed by the significance of Saturday’s mass arrests on the part of the New York Police Department. He told the interviewer, 'The real people who are scared are the power elite. Of course, they’re trying to make you scared and us scared. But I can tell you, having been a reporter for the New York Times, that on the inside they’re very, very frightened.

"'They do not want movements like this to grow, and they understand on some level — whether it’s subconscious or, in other cases, even overt — that the criminal class in this country has seized power.'”

Chris Hedges: Occupy Wall Street is ‘where the hope of America lies’ | Raw Replay

What are you afraid of...

Are you ready for Wall Street meets Jim Crow in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Occupy is.

"A tsunami of citizen activism, initiated by Occupy Wall Street, is poised to wash over American society.

"The coming battle to correct the grotesquely unequal distribution of wealth and power in this country is likely to have an even more profound impact on our society than what occurred in the 1960s.

"Fifty years ago, a few white students like me were outraged to find that the sugarcoated view of America we had been taught in the 50s did not match reality.

"The notions of justice and human rights we had internalized motivated our actions, and as idealists, we opposed the Jim Crow laws in the South and the needless killing in Southeast Asia.

"Young activists taking to the streets today harbor no illusions about justice in America. They are cynical, worldly wise and unemployed; many are weighed down by debt..."

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

The Aftermath of Occupy Will Surpass the Gains of 1960s Activism

This is meant as a joke right? This Occupy movement is totally insignificant.

"Journalist Chris Hedges put in an appearance at the Occupy Wall Street protest on Sunday morning and engaged in a lengthy interview, during which he described the protest as 'really where the hope of America lies.'

"Hedges was particularly impressed by the significance of Saturday’s mass arrests on the part of the New York Police Department. He told the interviewer, 'The real people who are scared are the power elite. Of course, they’re trying to make you scared and us scared. But I can tell you, having been a reporter for the New York Times, that on the inside they’re very, very frightened.

"'They do not want movements like this to grow, and they understand on some level — whether it’s subconscious or, in other cases, even overt — that the criminal class in this country has seized power.'”

Chris Hedges: Occupy Wall Street is ‘where the hope of America lies’*|*Raw Replay

Something that dates from September 2011? What a joke.

Chris Hedges: Occupy Wall Street is ‘where the hope of America lies’*|*Raw Replay

Posted on 09.25.11 :rolleyes:

anything recent???

Bums that don't vote are only a threat to themselves not me but hey if Obama wins they may really live in the streets, I know Moscow would be pleased

Posted on 09.25.11 :rolleyes:

anything recent???

They've been too occupied.

Vinnie Colaiuta on "Shut up n Play Yer Guitar" is just beyond human comprehension. It's going to have to be like how Felix Mendelsohn discovered JS Bach, the music is just too vast to be experienced by most humans at the time it was played, we need another 50, 60 years before we're able to listen even once without permanent damage.

I get to meet Tal next time she comes to NY

Forum List

Back