Occupy Will Eclipse the Activism of the 1960s

most of the people I met at Occupy site were middle class, working poor, struggling, some wealthy with a social conscience.

very few were street people, bums, etc... but those ones were more visual and vocal. so what?

make the mistake of thinking the support for the Occupy movement was based on the often crazy demands of the general assemblies, and you err badly.

the national dialogue went from Tea Party idiocies and spending cuts, to what we have today...a more balanced discussion of wealth, social and government policies, financial realities, and more...
Same here.
I didn't pay all that much attention to General Assembly edicts, but the Occupy movement definitely re-focused the debate on income inequality and how elected Republicans AND Democrats serve the same (1%) masters.

Wisconsin's Recall Election was the canary in the mine shaft for this style of protesting. The American public is fed up with tantrum tossing brats demanding a free ride because they can scream loudly and make anyone's life more difficult if they come within ear shot.

They're making a spectacle of themselves and an embarrassment to to the world that no one respects any more. In the 1960's, we didn't know any better about enabling. Now we do, and with the Great Depression 2.0 on, nobody's going to put up with it for long.

Murkins were fit, trim and seriously stoned in the sixties. Now they're fat, brainwashed and cowards on scrips(and eating garbage) that are 1000x more dangerous than the stuff we did.

Cowards? Like a pissy little nobody who flees his country and then engages in endless, repetitive sniping at the nation to which he owes everything? That kind of FUCKING COWARD?

The murkins who were trim and stoned in the 60s are now dead or street ppl.

most of the people I met at Occupy site were middle class, working poor, struggling, some wealthy with a social conscience.

very few were street people, bums, etc... but those ones were more visual and vocal. so what?

make the mistake of thinking the support for the Occupy movement was based on the often crazy demands of the general assemblies, and you err badly.

the national dialogue went from Tea Party idiocies and spending cuts, to what we have today...a more balanced discussion of wealth, social and government policies, financial realities, and more...
Same here.
I didn't pay all that much attention to General Assembly edicts, but the Occupy movement definitely re-focused the debate on income inequality...

I agree up to the point above. what came after sounds like the nuttiness of the Rand Paul faction of Occupy and the lunatic sovereign peeps.

peace and love brutha
:eusa_whistle:

Next post will be a tribute to human flesh eating.
Let's start with real crimes.
What are your thoughts on illegal foreclosures?(for the second time, but who's counting?)

"ForeclosureGate represents the sum total illegal and unethical lending and collections activities during the real estate bubble.

"It continues today. Law professor and law school dean Christopher L. Peterson describes the contractual language for the sixty million contracts between borrowers and lenders as fictional since the boilerplate language names a universal surrogate as creditor (Mortgage Electronic Registration System), not the actual creditor.

"Other aspects of ForeclosureGate harmed homeowners but the contractual problems that the lenders created on their own pose the greatest threats."

Are you with Occupy or Wall Street on this one?

Beyond Foreclosuregate - It Gets Uglier

Are you ready for Wall Street meets Jim Crow in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Occupy is.

"A tsunami of citizen activism, initiated by Occupy Wall Street, is poised to wash over American society.

"The coming battle to correct the grotesquely unequal distribution of wealth and power in this country is likely to have an even more profound impact on our society than what occurred in the 1960s.

"Fifty years ago, a few white students like me were outraged to find that the sugarcoated view of America we had been taught in the 50s did not match reality.

"The notions of justice and human rights we had internalized motivated our actions, and as idealists, we opposed the Jim Crow laws in the South and the needless killing in Southeast Asia.

"Young activists taking to the streets today harbor no illusions about justice in America. They are cynical, worldly wise and unemployed; many are weighed down by debt..."

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

The Aftermath of Occupy Will Surpass the Gains of 1960s Activism
Ooook I have no idea what your basing this claim on but hey what ever gets you through the day.:cuckoo:
Do you have any idea of "Foreclosuregate"?

"The surface scandal is about fraudulent business practices and a systematic assault on homeowners by lenders, servicers, and the legal system. A much broader picture must be viewed in order to understand the utter contempt that the ruling elite has toward citizens and the depraved tactics used to express that contempt, all to serve endless desire to accumulate more money and power."

Unless you're among the ruling elite, you might want to get ahead of this curve before it's too late.
A 500 year-old Ponzi scheme based on the private creation of money at interest may be about the blow up.
Occupy and Wall Street both recognize that much.
Why don't you?
Did you ever consider the problem might be people who accept loans they have no business accepting as a rule if you only bring in 50,000 a year taking out a loan for a 200,000 dollar house is a disaster in the making let's no forget those who took adjustable rate mortgages and never considered the down side of that. The use of common sense can make most problems very easy to avoid more people should try it.

Next post will be a tribute to human flesh eating.
Let's start with real crimes.
What are your thoughts on illegal foreclosures?(for the second time, but who's counting?)

"ForeclosureGate represents the sum total illegal and unethical lending and collections activities during the real estate bubble.

"It continues today. Law professor and law school dean Christopher L. Peterson describes the contractual language for the sixty million contracts between borrowers and lenders as fictional since the boilerplate language names a universal surrogate as creditor (Mortgage Electronic Registration System), not the actual creditor.

"Other aspects of ForeclosureGate harmed homeowners but the contractual problems that the lenders created on their own pose the greatest threats."

Are you with Occupy or Wall Street on this one?

I am with Sanity on this one. Just because a Professor says it's "illegal" does not make it so.

What's your solution? To simply tell the lenders sorry your fucked you don't get your money, and you can't take the property back either?

lol

Please people, try and remain rational.

Take it from me kid, OCC has NOTHING on the Demonstrators and Movements of the 60's.

It's Support is only a Tiny Fraction of the Support they had.

OCC is down to nothing but a Bunch of anarchist, and Idiots, wake up.

from what I've read anarchist, idiots, and radical lefties had alot to do with the movements of the 60s too.

Isnt it interesting that one of the few movements that succeed, MLKs, was a Christian based one?

Thank you for that keen observation.

:clap2::clap2:

Ooook I have no idea what your basing this claim on but hey what ever gets you through the day.:cuckoo:

"The surface scandal is about fraudulent business practices and a systematic assault on homeowners by lenders, servicers, and the legal system. A much broader picture must be viewed in order to understand the utter contempt that the ruling elite has toward citizens and the depraved tactics used to express that contempt, all to serve endless desire to accumulate more money and power."

Unless you're among the ruling elite, you might want to get ahead of this curve before it's too late.
A 500 year-old Ponzi scheme based on the private creation of money at interest may be about the blow up.
Why don't you?
Did you ever consider the problem might be people who accept loans they have no business accepting as a rule if you only bring in 50,000 a year taking out a loan for a 200,000 dollar house is a disaster in the making let's no forget those who took adjustable rate mortgages and never considered the down side of that. The use of common sense can make most problems very easy to avoid more people should try it.

Exactly, these people want to absolve the Buyers of any responsibility and label them as Victims, and then simply Take the Property of the Lenders and give it to the Buyers.

It's fucking crazy, it's the rantings of the Far left, and it's nothing new. They have just seized this Crisis to take up their old fight again.

Kill the rich, feed them to the Poor, and all that.

Sad silly little simple minded Useful Idiot tools of the Far left is all they are.

So sad, I can't hate them, I have to feel sorry for them instead.

It's weird that everyone here talks about OWS as some sort of organized movement.

It was just an ad hoc collection of disgruntled people.

It had a significant political impact in the first few weeks, but fizzled out (and degenrated) due to lack of leadership and direction.

It IS still significant in that it does indicate that there's a huge amount of pissed off people in this country - and that their anger is against the financial & business sector - not the government.

I don't expect OWS to continue as an organization. But there will be others, perhaps with better leadership and defined goals.

Let's hope so--Corruption outta be the #1 political issue this time around. The economy cannot recover if the corrupt are allowed to lead it.

It's weird that everyone here talks about OWS as some sort of organized movement.

It was just an ad hoc collection of disgruntled people.

It had a significant political impact in the first few weeks, but fizzled out (and degenrated) due to lack of leadership and direction.

It IS still significant in that it does indicate that there's a huge amount of pissed off people in this country - and that their anger is against the financial & business sector - not the government.

I don't expect OWS to continue as an organization. But there will be others, perhaps with better leadership and defined goals.

Let's hope so--Corruption outta be the #1 political issue this time around. The economy cannot recover if the corrupt are allowed to lead it.

:eusa_shifty:

Why not?

:badgrin:

Greed is Good.

Same here.
I didn't pay all that much attention to General Assembly edicts, but the Occupy movement definitely re-focused the debate on income inequality...

I agree up to the point above. what came after sounds like the nuttiness of the Rand Paul faction of Occupy and the lunatic sovereign peeps.

peace and love brutha
:eusa_whistle:
Do you have any idea what's going on in Philadelphia?

InterOccupy | Occupy National Gathering Livestream and Text Alerts

Sadly, I dont think most people are worrired about corruption. If they were, they would be eliminating corruption from their own lives first.

Have you sucked your local Koch today?

No, but clearly you never suck quite enough ass.

As Imus says, you just can't suck enough.

Occupy is a brain dead movement of fucking zombie pussy losers.
Does that mean you love Dick?
Nixon or Cheney?
Your pathetic attempts at relevancy rival Mitt's
Get AIDs and die, Dick-Lover.

No. It means you are a dick. Which is kind of ironic considering that you are a pussy.

And you are an asshole.

You are the entire groin and pelvic region of a mindless hermaphroditic Occutard.

Go burn in FIRE-Aids, you cock sucking motherfucking occutard asshole-guzzling rat twat.

But seriously, you are a brain dead lib lemming. Eat shit and die, ya quiffy motherfucker.

:thup:

Sadly, I dont think most people are worrired about corruption. If they were, they would be eliminating corruption from their own lives first.

Avatar--that's one of the wackiest things I've heard come outta you.

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

Almost no one pays full price.

Why don't you?
"Law professor and law school dean Christopher L. Peterson describes the contractual language for the sixty million contracts between borrowers and lenders as fictional since the boilerplate language names a universal surrogate as creditor (Mortgage Electronic Registration System), not the actual creditor."

60,000,000 contracts creating an epidemic of mortgage fraud the FBI began warning about in 2004 with 90% of the fraud residing with lenders. Anyone with a pulse got a mortgage which was then sliced and diced and sold off to pension funds and other fools.

The best part, of course, is the fraud never ends...
LIBOR, anyone?

Forum List

Back