Occupy Will Eclipse the Activism of the 1960s

The OWS movement is in hibernation. This is the best of times for some and the worst of times for many. Those benefiting the most today are doing so in total disregard for the many who are not. Of course this is not new to history, it is a story written time and again, famously in 1776, 1789, 1848, 1917 and of course in the Spring of 2011.

OWS was a warning, one where the few engaged in civil unrest among the many carrying out a peaceful protest. Did the Capitalists listen? I think not, and the callous conservatives are not bright enough to understand.

It is not too late to save capitalism from the capitalists. Rabbi and others scorn the idea of fairness, human nature being what it is, doing so is myopic at best.

The joke's on slaves like you.

"Journalist Chris Hedges put in an appearance at the Occupy Wall Street protest on Sunday morning and engaged in a lengthy interview, during which he described the protest as 'really where the hope of America lies.'

"Hedges was particularly impressed by the significance of Saturday’s mass arrests on the part of the New York Police Department. He told the interviewer, 'The real people who are scared are the power elite. Of course, they’re trying to make you scared and us scared. But I can tell you, having been a reporter for the New York Times, that on the inside they’re very, very frightened.

"'They do not want movements like this to grow, and they understand on some level — whether it’s subconscious or, in other cases, even overt — that the criminal class in this country has seized power.'”

Chris Hedges: Occupy Wall Street is ‘where the hope of America lies’*|*Raw Replay

What are you afraid of...

When I read something by a "journalist" that is chock full of emotional opinionating from a subjective viewpoint, I don't consider that person to be a journalist. I consider them to be a partisan hack with an agenda not to be taken as factual.

Last edited:
hahahahaha Occupy will never reach the level of the 60's activism. We had a plan, we believed in peace, we believed if we stood up for something people would notice. We were not violent, we were not racist, we were not stupid.

Occupy will never get to that level.............BTW, those Woodstock folks are mostly Tea Party Members today. Those old foggies everyone makes fun of at Tea Party Rallies. Think about that one for a while. :lol:

The shitters in the occupy movement have discovered that sitting around getting stoned talking about the occupy bowel movement is just as good as doing something.

I for one hope they do get out in those streets and show us what they got. The hey day of the 60s summer of love is that it followed the 50s years of relative complacency. It's not like that today and less like that every day.

The shitters did exactly what they were permitted to do by indulgent adults. No more. No less. When the adults decided not to be indulgent anymore the shitters had to go and they did.

Did you ever consider the problem might be people who accept loans they have no business accepting as a rule if you only bring in 50,000 a year taking out a loan for a 200,000 dollar house is a disaster in the making let's no forget those who took adjustable rate mortgages and never considered the down side of that. The use of common sense can make most problems very easy to avoid more people should try it.

Exactly, these people want to absolve the Buyers of any responsibility and label them as Victims, and then simply Take the Property of the Lenders and give it to the Buyers.

It's fucking crazy, it's the rantings of the Far left, and it's nothing new. They have just seized this Crisis to take up their old fight again.

Kill the rich, feed them to the Poor, and all that.

Sad silly little simple minded Useful Idiot tools of the Far left is all they are.

So sad, I can't hate them, I have to feel sorry for them instead.
The lenders were engaged in a systematic effort to defraud tens of millions of home buyers by creating an epidemic of mortgage fraud the FBI began warning about in 2004. 90% of the fraud was coming from lenders who deliberately sought out buyers they knew would be unable to repay their loans.

Securitization was the reason why this "business" model worked, and MERS was created by the lenders, with help from their government enablers, to deliberately destroy the chain of title, thereby making all foreclosures suspect.

What makes most conservatives uncomfortable with speaking truth to power?
Is their morality dependent upon obedience or empathy?
Get off your knees, it makes you look like chicken-shit...

EconoMonitor : Great Leap Forward » THE $7 TRILLION DOLLAR QUESTION THAT HAUNTS BANKS: When Will the Obama Administration Recognize that Destroyed the Chain of Title Making All Foreclosures Suspect?

If you are interested in placing blame for the housing crisis, I suggest that you and everyone else read this blog. Feel free to tact check it since I have not done so.

The Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac Debacle | General

Since 2001, the Bush Administration issued 34 warnings to Congress about the need to reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac before it caused substantial economic turmoil in the financial markets. However, they met continual opposition by Congressional Democrats who feared that tighter regulations on lenders would disqualify low-income applicants from affordable housing.

Keep the Occutards occupied.

Tell them there's an important rally in the various local town squares at noon.

Then tell them to "Bring tambourines!"

Drum circles do it for me, that always really gets my attention and changes my whole outlook on life.

It motivates the Occutards to sit in the circle and bang the drums.

That's what those crazy kids are calling it, evidently.

Bring Charles and David wearing flag pins in their lapels.
Why does you suppose conservatives suck up to power?
Too many "hugs" in their formative years...

I wonder if there's some language where georgieporgie's pablum puke posts make any sense?

Are you ready for Wall Street meets Jim Crow in the Gulf of Tonkin?
Occupy is.

"A tsunami of citizen activism, initiated by Occupy Wall Street, is poised to wash over American society.

"The coming battle to correct the grotesquely unequal distribution of wealth and power in this country is likely to have an even more profound impact on our society than what occurred in the 1960s.

"Fifty years ago, a few white students like me were outraged to find that the sugarcoated view of America we had been taught in the 50s did not match reality.

"The notions of justice and human rights we had internalized motivated our actions, and as idealists, we opposed the Jim Crow laws in the South and the needless killing in Southeast Asia.

"Young activists taking to the streets today harbor no illusions about justice in America. They are cynical, worldly wise and unemployed; many are weighed down by debt..."

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

The Aftermath of Occupy Will Surpass the Gains of 1960s Activism

You absolutely NAILED your parallel between the Occupy Wall Street "movement" and the 1960s "activism".

In the 1960s, this country was inundated with "activists" and "protestors" and "movements" that consisted of anarchists, unemployed losers, junkies, young people who lacked basic personal hygiene skills, and people who believed in little more than "sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll".

Now, the ghosts of the 1960s are back, and it has a cool-sounding name, "Occupy Wall Street".

But, this time around, they are funded by leftist sympathizers and their illegal behaviors are being tolerated by many municipalities, at the expense of law-abiding citizens.
In the 1960s this country was awash in racist conservatives who swore women were unfit for professional careers because they got pregnant. Red-necked crackers who actually believed ALL black men were physically inferior to ALL white men, and, hence, had no place in the NFL or NBA. Star-spangled slaves who thought killing all the Gooks in places like Vietnam and Korea was doing God's work: If those people sound "cool" to you today, I'm sure you'll have no trouble supporting the 1% as they continue to plunder the global economy as long as they shit indoors and wear flag pins in their lapels.

The spontaneous movement that was planned for months before hand.

The problem isnt wall street. Heck, it's not even the government. The problem is the people. We have allowed ourselves to be corrupted and we cant even see that.
The problem hasn't changed in thousands of years; private wealth corrupts all forms of government. It always has and it always will, and the only solution is to build a wall of separation between private wealth and the state which is something few of our "funding fathers" wanted anything to do with.

Occupy is.

"A tsunami of citizen activism, initiated by Occupy Wall Street, is poised to wash over American society.

"The coming battle to correct the grotesquely unequal distribution of wealth and power in this country is likely to have an even more profound impact on our society than what occurred in the 1960s.

"Fifty years ago, a few white students like me were outraged to find that the sugarcoated view of America we had been taught in the 50s did not match reality.

"The notions of justice and human rights we had internalized motivated our actions, and as idealists, we opposed the Jim Crow laws in the South and the needless killing in Southeast Asia.

"Young activists taking to the streets today harbor no illusions about justice in America. They are cynical, worldly wise and unemployed; many are weighed down by debt..."

"In 1958, when I entered the elite University of Chicago, annual tuition was $870. Inflation would make that $6,945 today. But tuition at the U of C this year is $43,851, more than six times as much, making crushing debt inevitable for most students."

The only thing that Occupy is eclipsing is crime rates for rape, theft, and assualt :lol:

More OWS activism is on the way? Awesome! We were running low on pot smoke, feces, sexual assault, vagrancy, and all manner of other childish, selfish behaviors. When will the whiners come to a city near me?
Not as soon as LIBOR

"Libor is the benchmark for trillions of dollars of loans worldwide – mortgage loans, small-business loans, personal loans. It's compiled by averaging the rates at which the major banks say they borrow.

"So far, the scandal has been limited to Barclay's, a big London-based bank that just paid $453 million to U.S. and British bank regulators, whose top executives have been forced to resign, and whose traders' emails give a chilling picture of how easily they got their colleagues to rig interest rates in order to make big bucks. (Robert Diamond, Jr., the former Barclay CEO who was forced to resign, said the emails made him 'physically ill' – perhaps because they so patently reveal the corruption.)

"But Wall Street has almost surely been involved in the same practice, including the usual suspects — JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Bank of America – because every major bank participates in setting the Libor rate, and Barclay's couldn't have rigged it without their witting involvement."

The Wall Street Scandal of All Scandals

Maybe you shoud "whine" a little more and grovel a little less.

Occupy is.

This is meant as a joke right? This Occupy movement is totally insignificant.
It's as least as significant as LIBOR rates:

"There are really two different Libor scandals. One has to do with a period just before the financial crisis, around 2007, when Barclays and other banks submitted fake Libor rates lower than the banks' actual borrowing costs in order to disguise how much trouble they were in.

"This was bad enough. Had the world known then, action might have been taken earlier to diminish the impact of the near financial meltdown of 2008.

"But the other scandal is even worse. It involves a more general practice, starting around 2005 and continuing until – who knows? it might still be going on — to rig the Libor in whatever way necessary to assure the banks' bets on derivatives would be profitable."

What significance do interest rates have in your world?

The Wall Street Scandal of All Scandals

Occupy is.

The only thing that Occupy is eclipsing is crime rates for rape, theft, and assualt :lol:
Occupy will never eclipse Wall Street's theft...

"Representatives of five of Wall Street's dominant investment banks gathered around a blonde wood conference table on a February night almost three years ago.(written 12/07)

"Their talks over take-out Chinese food led to the perfect formula for a U.S. housing collapse.

"The host was Greg Lippmann, then 36, a fast-talking Deutsche Bank AG trader who aspired to make mortgage securities as big a cash cow for Wall Street as the $12 trillion corporate credit market."

Subprime Securities Market Began as `Group of 5' Over Chinese - Bloomberg

Bring Charles and David wearing flag pins in their lapels.
Why does you suppose conservatives suck up to power?
Too many "hugs" in their formative years...

I wonder if there's some language where georgieporgie's pablum puke posts make any sense?

No, nonsense is nonsense in any language.

I find it completely amusing that you post this on the day we have been talking about how little support Occupy has gotten lately.

Of course, I realize they will attempt to step it up for the convention.
How much of your information comes from corporate media?
I'm guessing all of it.
Maybe that's why you are so ignorant?

InterOccupy | Connect. Collaborate. Organize.

You do realize that your stupidity is - well - amusing and sad at the same time?
Are you too ignorant or complicit to know or admit that Occupy's basic message reveals how Wall Street breeds corruption and criminality, and that its unrestrained ownership of political institutions is destroying financial security for almost everyone else?

Or maybe you're just, well, stupid...

What's Behind the Scorn for the Wall Street Protests? | Common Dreams

Last edited:
Do you have any idea of "Foreclosuregate"?

"The surface scandal is about fraudulent business practices and a systematic assault on homeowners by lenders, servicers, and the legal system. A much broader picture must be viewed in order to understand the utter contempt that the ruling elite has toward citizens and the depraved tactics used to express that contempt, all to serve endless desire to accumulate more money and power."

Unless you're among the ruling elite, you might want to get ahead of this curve before it's too late.
A 500 year-old Ponzi scheme based on the private creation of money at interest may be about the blow up.
Occupy and Wall Street both recognize that much.
Why don't you?
Did you ever consider the problem might be people who accept loans they have no business accepting as a rule if you only bring in 50,000 a year taking out a loan for a 200,000 dollar house is a disaster in the making let's no forget those who took adjustable rate mortgages and never considered the down side of that. The use of common sense can make most problems very easy to avoid more people should try it.

You expect people to use common sense? How dare you? Don't you think the state should think and provide for them all?
The State didn't have a seat at this table.

"Representatives of five of Wall Street's dominant investment banks gathered around a blonde wood conference table on a February night almost three years ago. Their talks over take-out Chinese food led to the perfect formula for a U.S. housing collapse."

Do you think the root of the problem lies with Wall Street or Occupy?

Subprime Securities Market Began as `Group of 5' Over Chinese - Bloomberg

How much of your information comes from corporate media?
I'm guessing all of it.
Maybe that's why you are so ignorant?

InterOccupy | Connect. Collaborate. Organize.

You do realize that your stupidity is - well - amusing and sad at the same time?
Are you too ignorant or complicit to know or admit that Occupy's basic message reveals how Wall Street breeds corruption and criminality, and that its unrestrained ownership of political institutions is destroying financial security for almost everyone else?

Or maybe you're just, well, stupid...

What's Behind the Scorn for the Wall Street Protests? | Common Dreams
The basic message of OWS is "this is what happens when losers get together.":clap2:

I can't help wondering in Lil'bitchability ever ponders his obsequious pandering to power?

I aint the bitch, bitch.

And rejecting your hideous imbecility is not even remotely akin to pandering to power.

But that doesn't change the fact that your prior post made zero sense. Obviously you are fluent in Babble. Such fluency is only obtainable by those with your special talents for incoherent thinking.

Forum List

Back