obama's labor department cooks the numbers of new jobs in Octobers report.

If you want to actually talk about something worthwhile, consider this:

ted_20111007.png

Look where the biggest loss of jobs was, GOVERNMENT JOBS. This is not unique either this has been going on now for years.

We ARE shrinking government, but is it the path to creating jobs as the Republicans claim, or is it simply hurting the jobs situation as I have explained to you people repeatedly,

as the reality of austerity?

You tell me.

Old jobs are not new jobs asshole

Yes, and I already pointed out that they did. The OP is an ineducable troll, but since he puts a nice face on the true nature of conservatism,

I for one will never discourage him from posting.

Ahh, No. You didn't. Show us in the August numbers where the 45K Verizon workers were added to the unemployment numbers. When you do, I will gladly accept the premise.

Only if you honestly answer this question:

Why are you asking me that and not the OP? Why are you accepting his unsubstantiated as FACT and then turning around and asking me for links?

people returning to the same job is not a new job

And your point is...?

The point is they cooked the books. Same shit, different day.
Look at virtually every economic data point 30 days after it is issued by this administration. In nearly every case, the numbers will be revised downward. The revisions rarely make the news, but a few days later, we'll get the next month's (inflated) numbers that paint a rosy picture.

It's only cooking the books if they didn't include those workers as unemployed in previous reports

As long as they are consistent in what counts as a job and what doesn't ...how does it matter?

as an aside, I'm glad those workers are back on the job

It's cooking the book because they added old jobs as new jobs.

What the troll in the OP isn't telling you is that when the Verizon workers were out in August,

they pulled the August number DOWN by 45,000.
That's exactly right! And the hypocrites gleefully proclaimed those 45,000 workers as LOST JOBS!!!!

And your point is...?

The point is they cooked the books. Same shit, different day.
Look at virtually every economic data point 30 days after it is issued by this administration. In nearly every case, the numbers will be revised downward. The revisions rarely make the news, but a few days later, we'll get the next month's (inflated) numbers that paint a rosy picture.

It's already been proven that they didn't cook the books. Make yourself a turkey sandwich and go back to bed.

Again stupid people returning to there old jobs are not new jobs. If thats the case every holiday when a company shuts down and people return to work there would be new jobs. Stupid old is not new.

45,000 returning union strikers are not new jobs. Be a fucking hack I really don't give a shit. It's not going to change a damn thing. They are lying to you and you are asking for more of the same old shit.

There is no lie.

If they counted striking workers as employed, you would complain about that.

Man, you guys are out of ideas.

45,000 workers returning to the same job is not new jobs. Be a fucking hack I really don't give a shit. It's not going to change a damn thing. They are lying to you and you are asking for more of the same old shit

Well they were counted out when they began the strikes.

So naturally they are counted in when returning...

Did they count the jobs as lost when they went on strike?
Just curious because if they did, I suppose there's nothing wrong with counting them as gained once they go back to work.

Yes, and I already pointed out that they did. The OP is an ineducable troll, but since he puts a nice face on the true nature of conservatism,

I for one will never discourage him from posting.

One more time to make you look stupid as usual People returning to old existing jobs are not getting new jobs.

There is no lie.

45,000 workers returning to the same job is not new jobs. Be a fucking hack I really don't give a shit. It's not going to change a damn thing. They are lying to you and you are asking for more of the same old shit

People returning to old existing jobs would not be the same as people going to new jobs.

103,000 new jobs were reported in Octobers jobs report Sounds good doesn't it?

US adds 103,000 new jobs but unemployment rate unchanged
Better-than-expected figures provide some relief for Barack Obama and boost markets, although unemployment still at 9.1%
But wait something is not right

The increase in employment partially reflected the return to payrolls of about 45,000 Verizon telecoms workers who had been on strike in August. The number of unemployed people, at 14 million, remained essentially unchanged in September.
US adds 103,000 new jobs as unemployment rate unchanged | Business | guardian.co.uk
So there were no 103,000 new jobs which means obama's labor department lied.

Like seriously? This is your proof that obama fudged the numbers? In reality, this is obama labour department following the rules to the t. 45,000 people left the work force the month before. Your forgetting the fact the earlier jobs report was 45,000 less than normal.

The entire point of a strike is that your done working until your demands are met. You have to take that into account.

If you repeat your lies enough times, they just might become true. Not really, but you righties in your echo chamber sure do fall for it every time.

People returning to old existing jobs would not be the same as people going to new jobs.

No one said it was. In your imagination the department of labor is some propaganda machine, and every positive jobs report is bad because you think it helps obama.

In reality when 45,000 people left the work force the labor department had a mathematical obligation to report that, so the jobs report was lower that month. When they came back in they had to report that too, so it was higher.

Whats the problem here? The Department of Labor is doing its job. I think your just mad that obama is creating 100,000 jobs a month, and when bush left office he was destroying 800,000 jobs a month.

What would you have had the department of labor do? not discount those workers when they left their job? That would actually have been cooking the numbers.

So essentially your post/rant about obama "cooking" the numbers is, in reality, a complaint that obama did not cook the numbers.

And all this boils down to you not understanding what the monthly payroll report actually says.

No one said it was. In your imagination the department of labor is some propaganda machine, and every positive jobs report is bad because you think it helps obama.

In reality when 45,000 people left the work force the labor department had a mathematical obligation to report that, so the jobs report was lower that month. When they came back in they had to report that too, so it was higher.

Whats the problem here? The Department of Labor is doing its job. I think your just mad that obama is creating 100,000 jobs a month, and when bush left office he was destroying 800,000 jobs a month.

What would you have had the department of labor do? not discount those workers when they left their job? That would actually have been cooking the numbers.

So essentially your post/rant about obama "cooking" the numbers is, in reality, a complaint that obama did not cook the numbers.

And all this boils down to you not understanding what the monthly payroll report actually says.

Yes they are.

103,000 new jobs were reported in Octobers jobs report Sounds good doesn't it?

US adds 103,000 new jobs but unemployment rate unchanged
Better-than-expected figures provide some relief for Barack Obama and boost markets, although unemployment still at 9.1%
But wait something is not right

The increase in employment partially reflected the return to payrolls of about 45,000 Verizon telecoms workers who had been on strike in August. The number of unemployed people, at 14 million, remained essentially unchanged in September.
US adds 103,000 new jobs as unemployment rate unchanged | Business | guardian.co.uk
So there were no 103,000 new jobs which means obama's labor department lied.

Like seriously? This is your proof that obama fudged the numbers? In reality, this is obama labour department following the rules to the t. 45,000 people left the work force the month before. Your forgetting the fact the earlier jobs report was 45,000 less than normal.

The entire point of a strike is that your done working until your demands are met. You have to take that into account.
Do the math stupid.

The entire point of a strike is that your done working until your demands are met. You have to take that into account

OH that's what a strike is for?:eek: I have read a lot of stupid liberal shit on here before but that one truely out does all of them:eusa_whistle::lol:

Last edited:
Why is it a lie?

45,000 returning union strikers are not new jobs. Be a fucking hack I really don't give a shit. It's not going to change a damn thing. They are lying to you and you are asking for more of the same old shit.

There is no lie.

Saved jobs = Democrat version of a "new idea".......:clap2:

There is no lie.

Saved jobs = Democrat version of a "new idea".......:clap2:
The information is given to them and they still will not pull there heads out of obama's ass.

I must say America is doomed because everybody wants to blame the last president it's always been this way. We will continue to do this until every right we have is taken away, then we will only have ourselves to blame.

I must say America is doomed because everybody wants to blame the last president it's always been this way. We will continue to do this until every right we have is taken away, then we will only have ourselves to blame.

If people like you could do basic math and tell the truth instead of making shit up or ignoring the facts, then we might stand a chance. I don't hold out hope, though.

If people like you could do basic math and tell the truth instead of making shit up or ignoring the facts, then we might stand a chance. I don't hold out hope, though.

What is 45,000 from 103,000?

Forum List

Back